Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Everyone seems to be doing the same these days wasted a hour on the phone to my car insurance this morning, basically computer say no
I have had my LV car insurance renewal letter.....

It shows a 11.95 % increase which on paper does not seem extreme but I will be phoning to discuss it in the hope they might get under 10% ???

Everyone seems to be doing the same these days wasted a hour on the phone to my car insurance this morning, basically computer say no
“You call is important to us ….” So much so we can’t be arsed employing people to answer the phone!!
I recall years ago that one of the competitive advantages that the company insisted on was that someone answered the phone within a certain time limit . Oh for the good old days……

Camera now is planned to be delivered to me next tuesday and the promotions site states you have to claim by august 11th so it's gonna be tight! When I try to download the invoice i keep getting an error :-(
Can I suggest that you email now to:-

camera.support@om-digitalsolutions.com

Explaining the situation and your concern about any delays in receiving your invoice.

Give them the date of order & order number and they should be able to access the system and send you a pdf of the invoice.

I did this when it looked like the invoice was unavailable i.e. did not arrive with an email but I eventually found mine was available in my OM account portal (this may not appear until the system updates once delivered ?) NB the invoice on the website looks different (different format) to the one that camera support sent me.

In the past I have found their support responsive and helpful :)

I'll give it a go, yes I've been clicking on the invoice link on the om portal but comes with a null error for the pdf. As you say maybe it wont happen until delivery.
If nothing else it "puts a marker in the sand" of your concern about being able to exercise your right to be able to claim the cashback before the cut off date.

Though I was well in time I pursued the lack of the invoice email and was told sometimes the system does not work (or words to that effect) and whilst waiting for the support reply, I looked again on the account portal and then 'noticed' the clickable invoice link which either had missed spotting or it was not there on the previous "look".

IMO it did not help that the link was in a different place on the page from the view order link...... cockeyed or what! :(

All being well yours will be sorted in a timely manner.......but the belt & braces of the email I suggested can do no harm :)

PS the battery as per the UPS tracking arrived this morning :)

Now chase, as needed, that invoice and get your cashback claim into the system (y)
ALready on it :) only thing holding me back was the serial number of the camera as they did email me the invoice after chasing them and following your advice (y)

ALready on it :) only thing holding me back was the serial number of the camera as they did email me the invoice after chasing them and following your advice (y)
You're all set then :cool:

Argh agony waiting to charge the battery :oops: :$ plus on 4 nights from tomorrow!
Anyway, just looking at some youtube vids as its over 2 years since I sold my EM1 and lenses and notice that in one video from Lee Hoy, he has a small flash with his, I didn't get one? Just wondering if they are supposed to come with the little flash or not?

Camera now is planned to be delivered to me next tuesday and the promotions site states you have to claim by august 11th so it's gonna be tight! When I try to download the invoice i keep getting an error :-(
I had issues with my email being accepted for the cashback... did you order it from a retailer?

ordered from OM themselves.
If you are pepared to give me your email address in PM, I can email someone I think will get in touch from OM. Please tell me the sales invoice number and the dates that you are worried about re claiming the cashback. And the date that you made contact to raise the issue. Edit: going on to a zoom shortly so you may not get an instant acknowledgement if you would like me to try this.

Last edited:
My Mk 1 included a flash. Never used it tho!
Argh agony waiting to charge the battery :oops: :$ plus on 4 nights from tomorrow!
Anyway, just looking at some youtube vids as its over 2 years since I sold my EM1 and lenses and notice that in one video from Lee Hoy, he has a small flash with his, I didn't get one? Just wondering if they are supposed to come with the little flash or not?

If you are pepared to give me your email address in PM, I can email someone I think will get in touch from OM. Please tell me the sales invoice number and the dates that you are worried about re claiming the cashback. And the date that you made contact to raise the issue. Edit: going on to a zoom shortly so you may not get an instant acknowledgement if you would like me to try this.
all already sorted.

U.k models didn’t include a flash , it was perks for the u.s.a and some Near East ones ,

U.k models didn’t include a flash , it was perks for the u.s.a and some Near East ones ,
My EM-1 mkii had one. As did my Pen-F. Both UK purchases, not grey.

Apologies all, just been updating the firmware as it was still on 1.0, bit of a faff on a macbook but finally all done. It's even kept my couple of mysets. Anyway, is it normal to have to reset the date etc after the firmware update? Thought it could also save that data?

Apologies all, just been updating the firmware as it was still on 1.0, bit of a faff on a macbook but finally all done. It's even kept my couple of mysets. Anyway, is it normal to have to reset the date etc after the firmware update? Thought it could also save that data?
Date setting loss IIRC is now commonplace ;)

Interesting that yours was on v1.0 as my OM1 body only purchase was at v1.1 when it arrived. Please remind me did you buy the OM1 mk2 & 12-40mm 'kit'?

Back