Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Need some thoughts from the oly community here.
Im still on the fence about buying a OM1 Mk2 with the 12-40 AND a 12-100.

The fence Im on is go for it with the summer cashback and I'll get £350 back on the camera and £300 on the 12-100

OR

Wait until Black Friday, but would I be likely to get as much off??

Im not interested in any of the other lenses or the Mk1, it's this or nothing :)
I cannot recall any/previous BF offers but the current Summer Cashback is IMO good.

If you have subscribed to any of the 'Ambassador' emails you would have seen that they have a 10% code. This code, as far as I know and am expecting, can be used to make the purchase and the Cashback Claim will still be AOK.
NB that is exactly what I have done with my mk2 purchase and my Cashback Claim has been acknowledged and is being processed :fingers crossed:

AFAIK the Ambassador codes are not for public sharing and if done the Ambassador will have the code(s) revoked so I will not copy & paste one here.

Need some thoughts from the oly community here.
Im still on the fence about buying a OM1 Mk2 with the 12-40 AND a 12-100.

The fence Im on is go for it with the summer cashback and I'll get £350 back on the camera and £300 on the 12-100

OR

Wait until Black Friday, but would I be likely to get as much off??

Im not interested in any of the other lenses or the Mk1, it's this or nothing :)
Have you looked at HDEW?

They may be cheaper even after cashback.

I cannot recall any/previous BF offers but the current Summer Cashback is IMO good.

If you have subscribed to any of the 'Ambassador' emails you would have seen that they have a 10% code. This code, as far as I know and am expecting, can be used to make the purchase and the Cashback Claim will still be AOK.
NB that is exactly what I have done with my mk2 purchase and my Cashback Claim has been acknowledged and is being processed :fingers crossed:

AFAIK the Ambassador codes are not for public sharing and if done the Ambassador will have the code(s) revoked so I will not copy & paste one here.
No thats fair enough re copying / posting codes, Im a bit out of touch though with ambassadors etc are you allowed to post me in the direction of one or more of these people or is it a simple case of googling them?

No thats fair enough re copying / posting codes, Im a bit out of touch though with ambassadors etc are you allowed to post me in the direction of one or more of these people or is it a simple case of googling them?
Espen Helland
David Tipping oops Tipling
Petr Bambousek

I used the one from Petr Bambousek (NB sometime back I bought one of his video tutorials.....that might be why I am/was also 'subscribed' to his updates)

But I subscribe to all the above 'updates'.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I bought an E-M5 ii yesterday. I needed something lighter and more compact than my Nikon D700 for hiking and wild camping. I spent the whole day trying to decide what lens to get. I wanted a cheap lens until I figure out exactly what I want so I went for the Panasonic 14-42 mark 2 kit lens that I found for a reasonable price. What I think I will end up with eventually is something like a 35mm f1/8 equivalent and a macro lens.

Hopefully body and lens will be with me Friday. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Espen Helland
David Tipping oops Tipling
Petr Bambousek

I used the one from Petr Bambousek (NB sometime back I bought one of his video tutorials.....that might be why I am/was also 'subscribed' to his updates)

But I subscribe to all the above 'updates'.
OK, i've subbed to the first 2 and cant find a newsletter option for Petr but have followed him on instagram.

I guess now the ideal situation will be to get an update / newsletter with a code before the cashback finishes this Sunday :oops: :$ fingers crossed!

arrrgh! went to purchase om1 mk2 yesterday evening via the omsystems website and virgin credit card wouldn't process! I suspect the bots have blocked due to the fact im in Ireland, wouldn't mind but im in the bit classed as the UK! maybe there's a credit border in the Irish Sea!

Spoke to them (finally) this morning and they are blaming the om website trying to say thier system might think it's not genuine! I hate call centres!

Lot of problems using a card to pay for online purchases or payments this week .think it’s to do with the outage the other day ,they have all been alerted to look out for scams ,both me and the wife have had to authenticate our payments

arrrgh! went to purchase om1 mk2 yesterday evening via the omsystems website and virgin credit card wouldn't process! I suspect the bots have blocked due to the fact im in Ireland, wouldn't mind but im in the bit classed as the UK! maybe there's a credit border in the Irish Sea!

Spoke to them (finally) this morning and they are blaming the om website trying to say thier system might think it's not genuine! I hate call centres!
I hope that you have managed to resolve the glitch with your purchase whilst the summer cashback is still available?

Managed to order it this morning, tried again with the Virgin CC but they wouldn't process it again despite my approving in the app. I don't have another cc with enough limit so used my Paypal which is 0% for 4 months. Went through no problem.

Last edited:
No sign of my BLX-1 battery after about a week. @ Box Brownie - any sign of yours?
No not yet.

IIRC
Next will be confirmation of shipping......with tracking information.
Then, once delivered there will be the invoice email.....this latter sometimes fails but the invoice will, or should be, available online

Personally I am not concerned by the delay, it will get here in due course.

No not yet.

IIRC
Next will be confirmation of shipping......with tracking information.
Then, once delivered there will be the invoice email.....this latter sometimes fails but the invoice will, or should be, available online

Personally I am not concerned by the delay, it will get here in due course.

Today I had a notification from UPS that they were expecting to receive a parcel for me from Germany soon. To get tracking info etc you have to create an account and I just couldn't be ***ed, so I hope it will arrive soon! What a palaver.

Today I had a notification from UPS that they were expecting to receive a parcel for me from Germany soon. To get tracking info etc you have to create an account and I just couldn't be ***ed, so I hope it will arrive soon! What a palaver.
I’ve had the same email. If you click on the tracking number it should put you through to the correct page on the UPS site (mine did at least and I’m fairly certain I’ve never set up an account). I had the same with a refurb 8-25mm recently and it was only a couple of days later turning up.

I’ve had the same email. If you click on the tracking number it should put you through to the correct page on the UPS site (mine did at least and I’m fairly certain I’ve never set up an account). I had the same with a refurb 8-25mm recently and it was only a couple of days later turning up.
Just checked my email and I took have the expected UPS email

As @Hadron says the tracking number in the email is a hyperlink to the UPS site....no login or account creation required.

My tracking tells me the label has been created but yet to be scanned onto UPS truck/system.

NB the logistics company mentioned is the "fulfillment" company that OM systems use.

Yes, you're right. I got the information that a label had been created. :naughty:

I must have tried to log into something called My Choice. My choice was not to create an account! Just as a matter of interest where did you find a refurb OM lens?

Yes, you're right. I got the information that a label had been created. :naughty:

I must have tried to log into something called My Choice. My choice was not to create an account! Just as a matter of interest where did you find a refurb OM lens?
It was via a link on the Olympus E-Group site which with an extra 35% off at the time made it too good a price not to have :cool:

Only email I've had is the invoice :-( Did think they'd have been a little quicker on the ball to be honest, but Im trying to be patient.
AFAIK and recall the first email attachment is the "Order Confirmation" though it does 'look' a bit like an invoice :thinking:

ah yep, you're right. Still "processing". :-(
FWIW the battery I ordered has now cleared German customs and is "on its way" for delivery on 2nd August. I will have to see if the schedule is maintained as it's needs to pass UK customs next :thinking:

Last edited:
Re: cashback

I have now received the "validation" of my cashback claim and this is the crux of what they say as to when to expect the money......

"IMPORTANT: Payment is made within 30 days from when the claim has been validated and not from the date we received the claim. If you have a MyOMSYSTEM account, you can check the processing status of your claim here"

So all being I will see the money in my bank within 30 days of today's date :)

Re: cashback

I have now received the "validation" of my cashback claim and this is the crux of what they say as to when to expect the money......

"IMPORTANT: Payment is made within 30 days from when the claim has been validated and not from the date we received the claim. If you have a MyOMSYSTEM account, you can check the processing status of your claim here"

So all being I will see the money in my bank within 30 days of today's date :)

I recently bought a 90mm macro with the cash back deal, I've been paid my cash back and my OM account still shows in progress.

I recently bought a 90mm macro with the cash back deal, I've been paid my cash back and my OM account still shows in progress.
Interesting, as the invoice is needed to make the claim did it come in an email after the lens was delivered? Or though the account still says 'in progress ' was the invoice available to download?

Or have I lost the plot and you mean your cashback claim is still showing as in progress?

No I bought mine from Clifton cameras, so I just emailed it with my claim, I would imagine your invoice would be automatically picked up.

even though I've been paid out my claim still shows 'in progress'.

No I bought mine from Clifton cameras, so I just emailed it with my claim, I would imagine your invoice would be automatically picked up.

even though I've been paid out my claim still shows 'in progress'.
Ah! so of course you would have your purchase receipt to upload as needed in the claim process :)

PS I haven't checked the cashback claim status online yet.

Reactions: mex
I had an email from OM saying the batteries had been shipped. I then had an email from UPS {hate UPS}... another email from UPS with another delay. Chat with UPS person, was 45 minutes waste of my life. Assured that it would be easily diverted [ the last two from them were not} and if it wasn't delivered after 3 attempts would go back to Germany... we are away soon. I have contacted OM but can't see what they can do about a shipment that is not in their hands.

I had an email from OM saying the batteries had been shipped. I then had an email from UPS {hate UPS}... another email from UPS with another delay. Chat with UPS person, was 45 minutes waste of my life. Assured that it would be easily diverted [ the last two from them were not} and if it wasn't delivered after 3 attempts would go back to Germany... we are away soon. I have contacted OM but can't see what they can do about a shipment that is not in their hands.
Could you request collecting the package from your nearest UPS depot? or maybe divert it to a post office?

Could you request collecting the package from your nearest UPS depot? or maybe divert it to a post office?
You can... my previous attempts to divert have not worked even when done when the email was first received... I signed up and was told I would be able to remove the signature but I have abandoned efforts to do that now as I cannot find it and need to go out. Up date that to 90 minutes of my life .... hey ho!

Everyone seems to be doing the same these days wasted a hour on the phone to my car insurance this morning, basically computer say no

Checked the UPS tracking and the battery is now at Stamford le Hope.......in the past knowing that it should be out for delivery tomorrow from the Reading depot?

Back