Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Hi, no a/c cooling on the driver's side of my wife's VW Passat. BOSCH found the cause and replaced a motor and a lever operating a flap ...

€ 417. - The price one pays for comfort. In the past, there were only mechanical flaps to control the airflow, no motors ... --- :

P8024152-c.jpg

Been in the garden playing around with my s/h V-Lux. The Silkypix image program will allow me to edit & convert the RAW files, but I can't find a re-sizing tool that then saves the image (edit - found it now). This has been cropped in Elements.

Green Kanna.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on my 5th LR product, and desperately want a Defender 90, but my wife has for the past 30 years refused me that pleasure as she thinks they are too noisy, uncomfortable and cold!:(
It isn’t mine but I’ve had four LR Series cars in the past: a SIIA 88 pick up, two SIII 88 vans and a SIII 109 van. Your wife is right but they are fun!

On a different note if you are tall you’ll struggle, my husband finds them incredibly uncomfortable to drive.

Just documenting the first bramble picking of this year for Mrs WW who's overseas. Phone shots.

I think I'm building up an immunity as I hardly noticed these.

1-20240802_190514.jpg

Managed to pick quite a few today. I'll be going back as I need to fill this freezer drawer.

1-20240802_191138.jpg

Made some lovely bramble juice. Next on the list is some pies, probably apple and bramble.

1-20240802_195146.jpg

I'm not sure why but wherever I go these days strangers talk to me :D Met a lovely dog today too :D

Last edited:
I'm on my 5th LR product, and desperately want a Defender 90, but my wife has for the past 30 years refused me that pleasure as she thinks they are too noisy, uncomfortable and cold!:(
One of my former colleagues always bought a new Defender every two years. Until he took his wife with him. She saw the row of Defenders all at the same price as the row of Discoveries and that was the that. He never got another Defender.

It isn’t mine but I’ve had four LR Series cars in the past: a SIIA 88 pick up, two SIII 88 vans and a SIII 109 van. Your wife is right but they are fun!

On a different note if you are tall you’ll struggle, my husband finds them incredibly uncomfortable to drive.

I'm on my 1st LR, well, an Evoque.

I've mostly been into two seat soft tops but thought I'd have one of these for the experience and I absolutely love it.

A few from the dog walks today. Light was a bit flat and overcast today. And I am still trying to get my head around the V-LUX controls and features.

Glane View VLUX 1.jpg

Glane View VLUX 2.jpg

Way Sign.jpg

Rusty Van.jpg

Rusty Road Roller.jpg

Small Copper Butterfly.jpg

The flutterby is heavily cropped from a RAW image. Looks like this camera isn't particularly good for macro on the fly. It is difficult to get close enough without spooking the critters. More of a still life tool. But I am happy with the image quality. It is a big step up from the older Panasonic that has a much smaller sensor.

Two photos from today's dog walk. Taken on a Leica V-Lux, hand-held.

Brown Butterfly Macro.jpg

A Brown Flutterby (don't ask me the Latin name) Heavily cropped from a 10Mp frame.

Cow Parsley Bokeh.jpg

A Bokeh of Cow Parsley. :cool:

WARNING LOT'S OF POINT AND SHOOT PHOTOS TO FOLLOW
From a dog walk before the main adventure, The Old vicarage at St Mary's in Highley village.
View attachment 430214
From Trimpley vintage weekend .vintage caravan interior

View attachment 430215

View attachment 430216

When I saw the first photo I thought that your lens was faulty :D

Regards the Maestro dog van. We had Maestro beat car in my early days. I used to get to work 30 minutes early to grab the keys to an Astra.

Back