Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

I took the back toilet soap rack off the wall to degunge it. Being chrome plated steel, it's suffering a bit from corrosion but it'll last a year or so longer (I hope)...

Soap rack and screws FZ82 P1010576.jpg

After a quick dry, I refitted the soap rack and loaded it with a new cake of soap...

... (not forgetting to push the thin old piece of soap into place, by way of saving the planet, one ounce of soap at a time!)

Soap rack on walls FZ82 P1010577.JPG

Some photos from a Carriage Driving Competition this afternoon. Taken on the Leicasonic V-LUX bridge camera

L1030088.jpg

L1030076.jpg

L1030099.jpg

L1030100.jpg

L1030106.jpg

Caravaggio in Belfast by digitaria, on Flickr

A trip to the Ulster Museum in Belfast. They currently have a pair of Caravaggios. The Supper at Emmaus, on the left, is on loan from the National Gallery as part of their bicentenary celebration. But the museum has reunited the painting with (on the right) The Taking of Christ, on loan from the Jesuit Community in Dublin. It is believed that the two works were commissioned together by the same patron and would likely have hung together in his residence. They were separated at some point and have rarely, if ever, been seen together since.

(entrance to the museum and this exhibit is free and it wasn't very busy)

Hi, on my way to Frankfurt to a vintage vehicle event (SONY A7R2 - FE 1,8/35):

DSC03580-a7r2-4.jpg

DSC03654-a7r2-4-c.jpg

DSC03679-a7r2-4-c.jpg

There were a few bikes, too :

DSC03795-a7r2-4-c.jpg

A nice surprise: a MERCEDES exactly like mine I bought in 1981, and had until 1990 ... :

DSC03790-a7r2-4-c.jpg

An early lunch at 11.00 a.m. when it got too crowded :

DSC03840-a7r2-4.jpg

Wiener Schnitzel :

DSC03841-ar2-4-c.jpg

Last edited:
I was working in the Vienne Department today and had my Leicasonic V-LUX bridge camera with me. The light was perfect in as much as there was a light to medium cloud for much of the day.

Sunflowers Portait .jpg

Sunflowers Portrait Cropped.jpg

Sunglowers Portrait Close Up.jpg

IMG_0532.jpeg
Finally made it to RAF Lossiemouth - only had to wangle our family holiday to stay in Lossie for a few days - teenage son is happy - wife not so much

Photos I received today from the processors. Hope that is OK? All taken on a Contax RTS and Yashica ML 47-70 lens

Old bike at Montrol-Senard

Old Bike at Montrol-Senard.jpg

Abandoned bike at Ile de Chaillac (No sign of Barbie. Possibly a crime scene)

Velo Perdu.jpg

Bridge at Ile de Chaillac (converted to mono in PS)

Chaillac Bridge.jpg

Back