Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Hi, today I went to Bad Kreuznach/D, on the river Nahe :

L1032611_DxO-L35c.jpg

There used to be a quicksilver mine :

L1032620_DxO-L35c.jpg

Bad Kreuznach is a spa with several graduation works. Saltwater evaporates creating air used for treating respiratory diseases :

L1032614_DxO-L35c-c.jpg

There was a vintage vehicle event :

L1032635_DxO-L35c-c.jpg

L1032641_DxO-L35c-c.jpg

The weather was rather mixed :

L1032652_DxO-L35c-c.jpg

A trip back in time today on the dog walks. First stop is the 12th century Chapelle de Bois Du Rat Chapel of the Wood of Rats. Probably earlier than the stated date.

Chapelle Bois du Rat Interior View.jpg

Then a Sacrificial Stone used by the Celts prior to the Roman Period and latterly utilised by the Romans who would leave corpses on the stones to pollute the spring water.

L1020326_1.jpg

Then a quick hop back to the Neolithic Period. This Menhir is a bit unusual in that it is around 16 feet high, weighs around 23 tonnes and is still standing after 3,000 - 5,000 years.

L1020327_1.jpg

The last photo is of a granite stone estimated to weigh 120 tonnes that is balanced on smaller stones. And nobody knows how or why?

Pierre Portrait Format Web.jpg

All taken on my Leicasonic V-Lux.

Last edited:
TP_local_church_4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, thank you (in the name of my car (;) )), but it is rusting, has corroded brake and gearbox cooling lines. I 'll keep it till I get new car ... ---

I recently spent more than my MX5 is worth repairing it.

I recently spent more than my MX5 is worth repairing it.

Hi, I am in a similar situation. The car is worth around €4000 now. Restoring it fully (paint, brake lines, gear box cooling lines) would cost roughly the same.

So, I am planning to run it till I get a new car, or till my wife has her new PASSAT delivered and I would use her current one as a stop gap.

The E430 is a good car, and I really do not like selling it to a used car salesperson. It was the perfect car for my requirements, and parting with it after over 20 years
will not be easy. I thought it would last longer, but Mercedes quality is not what it used to be ... ---

I wasn't doing so well fishing on the River Charente today so I packed up early and took the Leicasonic V-Lux for a walk.

Pike under Gabarrier (Barge)

Pike Under Gabarrier.jpg

Bridge over Charente at Angeac

Angeac Bras Bridge.jpg

Another bridge over the same river

Angeac Bridge.jpg

Rapids

Angeac Water View.jpg

Back