Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Hi, on my way to Schwelm/D (OLYMPUS PEN-Ep1 - Panasonic 1,7/20 (15 years old)) :

P8174181.jpg

Schwelm, used to be a prosperous industrial town. De-industrialized (i.e. poor) now :

P8174195-c.jpg

The cemetery :

P8174192-c.jpg

Flowers on my parents' grave :

P8174189-c.jpg

Rolling home ... :

P8174198.jpg

Last edited:
Ashton court in Bristol. The young stags are getting lively but the older ones are just chillin' about. The last deer in the pictures is foaming at the mouth. Meanwhile people were encouraging their young children to go up to the deer.

2024 Aug Ashton Court 6.JPG2024 Aug Ashton Court 7.JPG2024 Aug Ashton Court 8.JPG2024 Aug Ashton Court 10.JPG

Attachments

• 2024 Aug Ashton Court 9.JPG
    2024 Aug Ashton Court 9.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The Monday journey home and a usual first stop with a difference, the farmer was harvesting the crop and tractors were rumbling in and out of the fields constantly, there must have been a fair old number of people and vehicles involved as these three were taken within minutes before I headed down the road.
Hope they got a lot off before tonights rain.
19 08 24 02.jpg
19 08 24 03.jpg
19 08 24 06.jpg

Then a stop at St Marys The Virgin Church, Cardington
The architecture of St Mary’s is entirely modern in church architecture terms having been effectively rebuilt at the turn of the C20. The original C12 church was of considerably different design to the current building. The most striking difference between the old and new is the location of the tower. In the original building this was centrally placed but was one of the primary causes of the rebuilding as it was in danger of collapsing. The rebuilding work was largely paid for by the Whitbread family and whilst some features of the old church were retained, the current building effectively dates from this rebuild between 1897 and 1902.
19 08 24 07.jpg
19 08 24 08.jpg

Finally All Saints Kempston for the theme photo for my 52 in 2024. Week 33 Song title or lyric - I decided on my favourite gravestone and the song "Angels" - this one wasn't the chosen pic but I like it. First time using Monochrome on the Pana G80.
19 08 24 04.jpg

Took the camera on my "MOT walk" this morning, not exactly an exciting area.

Securely locked
sl.jpg

Sun was on my left, overexpose by 2 stops and burnt out the buildings etc in the background, then adjusted in Affinity.
ch1.jpg

Can tell it is near university accommodation, whole row of takeaways and pubs
fd.jpg

Good thing is the car passed, 18 years old now and never failed yet :)

Last edited:
From today's dog walk....

Chaillac Bridge Mono WEB.jpg

Chaillac Bridge Source Distance WEB.jpg

Chaillac Bridge Confluence Distance WEB.jpg

Lily WEB.jpg

Taken on my Leicasonic V-LUX

Last edited:
Today's dog walk...

End of the Line

End of the Line.jpg

Rack of Chairs

Rack of Chairs.jpg

Taken on a Leicasonic V-LUX. Processed and converted in Silkypix

Another dog walk with the Leicasonic V-Lux. When I got back I started playing around with mono conversions using the Silkypix program.

Remnants of an old mill.......

Corot Circular Window LS Format Mono Red Filter.jpg

Steps up to the woods....

Corot Log Steps Mono.jpg

Can't see the wood for the trees....

Mono Tree.jpg

Back