The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Theres no reason to have the a7riii over the A7 unless you need the res and better EVF, theres no reason to have the A7riii over the A9 unless you need the resolution. If you can stretch the A9 then go for it.

True, but the main advantage of the Riii for me is being able to crop. Plus at a wedding my 85mm 1.8 becomes almost 130mm which is such a massive advantage for me. My Riii is going to become my landscape/travel camera and my A7iii will just be used at weddings.

Does the a9ii have a different battery grip ?

True, but the main advantage of the Riii for me is being able to crop. Plus at a wedding my 85mm 1.8 becomes almost 130mm which is such a massive advantage for me. My Riii is going to become my landscape/travel camera and my A7iii will just be used at weddings.

Cropping is great, but only if you make use of those excess pixels when you print. I can APSC crop using the A9, 10MP is still more than enough to print with at average size and on a screen its way more than enough.

Cropping is great, but only if you make use of those excess pixels when you print. I can APSC crop using the A9, 10MP is still more than enough to print with at average size and on a screen its way more than enough.

mmm yeah I just don't like the idea of 10MP, especially for landscape. My 70-200 now gives me up to 300mm with 18mp for landscapes which is great.

My used riii was £100 ish more than a new A7III can be had for on ebay, I think the used riii is a better deal for the advantages it offers with a 1 year warranty still.

Is anyone looking forward to the new A7sIII? Could be a new style body?

I was waiting on new of the A7SIII but as it was taking a while and likely to be a lot more expensive which would be more than I'd be prepared to pay I went for an A7SII. I am still curious to see what the A7SIII will offer which looks we should know soon, some of the rumours seem a bit over the top at the moment so I'm not sure which are correct.

I'm looking for a couple of case recommendations, something small to carry a single Ax body and the 24-240mm as a walk around setup and one to carry two Ax bodies, the 24-240mm, 28mm F2, the DJI Ronin SC gimbal and a small tripod. I'm finding the gimbal head a pain to carry as it's a weird shape and doesn't really fit well in anything I have and I don't want anything too enormous.

Is this the quietest this thread has ever been? What has everyone been doing in that time when you can’t talk rubbish on this thread about Sony and mirrorless in general?

(For info: No replies in 20 hours because of the system down time).

Building a new computer.

Just picked up an 85mm 1.8 lens ...:)

Good choice, its an excellent little performer.

Is this the quietest this thread has ever been? What has everyone been doing in that time when you can’t talk rubbish on this thread about Sony and mirrorless in general?

I went to the pub at about 11.30, still here just about to order something to eat. Told the missus I would be back at lunch time. :oops: :$

Ordering Sammy 85..

..close to buying A9 or A7riv..

..but I know I don’t need either..

..do I ?

Ordering Sammy 85..

..close to buying A9 or A7riv..

..but I know I don’t need either..

..do I ?

if you are asking on this thread it probably means you have ordered some or all of those things before you read this reply :D

but there are some good offers for 85GM and A7RIV in the sales section ;)
perhaps worth looking at those before ordering elsewhere?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Grrr £599 for a UK supplied Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 vs £1000 for the new Sigma 24-70 art....

Seemed easier to choose when the gap was smaller when the Tamron cost £729...

Last edited:
@NewBeetle ..... Ant, How the heck did you capture that tiger in the tree :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Also think that Osterich needs it’s eyebrows threaded.......

Bit of fun and very random for me, must be bored! We haven't the best of trees, but don't tell her..

49242690023_bcf2fc3e35_b.jpg

Last edited:

I've mainly woken up this morning to find my Flickr Pro account deleted....... :mad::(

Hows that

Not got a clue..... I received an email timestamped 3:30am ish about me cancelling my Pro subscription & couldn't access the App - well, I could access it but every tab of it was blank. When I got to work, I searched my username to no results. Searched ''Voigtlander 40/1.2'' group because I know I have plenty of images in there - Nothing..... Found a photo I know I commented on a few days ago & my username is now "rightful letter (deleted)'' instead of ''Lee|Ratters''

11 years worth of Flickr gone......

Not got a clue..... I received an email timestamped 3:30am ish about me cancelling my Pro subscription & couldn't access the App - well, I could access it but every tab of it was blank. When I got to work, I searched my username to no results. Searched ''Voigtlander 40/1.2'' group because I know I have plenty of images in there - Nothing..... Found a photo I know I commented on a few days ago & my username is now "rightful letter (deleted)'' instead of ''Lee|Ratters''

11 years worth of Flickr gone......

Have you contacted them yet?

I've finally made a decision on the 70-200 f4 after procrastinating for the last 3-4 months! I've just boxed it up ready for MPB to pick it up tomorrow. Its probably for the best as I don't use it enough and the 24-105 and 100-400 can cover the whole focal range. It will be weird not owning a 70-200 lens as I've own one of some sort for the last 5-6 years, though selling it could potentially make funds available to swap to an A9 so not that bad really.

Back