The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Well guys it being exchanged for a new one or I can choose a other system such a d750 again pmsl

Are they really offering a replacement on the grounds of dust on the sensor? Seems like they'd be opening the floodgates for other people to claim the same. What's your plan?

I guess if he buys a lot from them which it sounds he does and hes in his 14 days they cant refuse it.

Could always move to a fixed lens system... but get something on the sensor with one of these and it's deffo off back to the maker.

My advice... clean the sensor, stop worrying and move on with life.

Looking at his Flickr feed the first shot of the kit was the 29th Jan so I guess he's just got enough influence over them :0). I'm still surprised they've offered a replacement for dust which is a common side effect of interchangeable lens cameras.

Looking at his Flickr feed the first shot of the kit was the 29th Jan so I guess he's just got enough influence over them :0). I'm still surprised they've offered a replacement for dust which is a common side effect of interchangeable lens cameras.

Keeping the customer sweet. He spends a lot with them. Theyve tried to rectify the problem but it seems there is an issue if its getting full of oil/dust without changing lenses, good dealer.

get the A7rII go for it, you've enough money now as your looking at the 70-200 :)
the sharpenss scares off dust

Im shocked that youre looking at a 6d/XP2/K1/A7ii etc now

Nah not interested in the K1 or XP2 for now, and I think I'm "over" the A7ii, the 6D isn't something to replace the D750 I've inherited a few decent Canon lenses and thought it worth at least giving them a go!

Well it either another d750 and get a good one and build lens up for that or another a7ii don't think I fancy a a7r II as I rather spend that extra on a long lens either Sony or Nikon

@rookies I would just get the same camera again mate if u was you I don't know of anyone else on here who has had major problems like you .... That being said if you don't want to clean it yourself I don't think the a7 series is for you buddy

Another d750?

Go to the shop and try the D750 again, see how you go. But be sensible and use a 50g on it and compare it against the A7ii and 55 or other equiv lenses. Dont put a bloody 24-70 VR on the thing and then compare it to the A7 and 55 like some would do. Compare like for like!

I suspect if you give it time your going to be happier with a D750.... but maybe look for a used one so that if you decide you don't like it you don't take a bath on it?

Size, IBIS & EVF apart there really isn't a huge gulf between the two cameras, basically the same sensor, much wider Nikon lens choice, better AF on the D750 and a more rugged build, the A7ii is small with IBIS and the EVF if that's important to you but with a smaller native lens selection and one which is fairly pricey at present.

A7ii with a couple of primes v D750 and a couple of primes and theres not a lot in it in terms of size or weight but there probably will be in terms of cost!

Nikon lens are cheaper to get like a 70-200 2.8 for one

@rookies what I know about Nikon you could put on a postage stamp but.... Like I said the dust obv bothers you I would go back to Nikon and stay there mate it sounds like you have already made your mind up just don't send yourself mad making a decision lol

Just can't believe anyone would ditch an A7 for DSLR over dust bunnies... get a DSLR mirror mechanism spraying oil and bits of its mechanism over the sensor and you're back to square one.

No offence meant rookies and not talking about just you specifcally but we see people on this forum time and time again bouncing from camera to camera and initially they're very positive and trash the last thing they had all over the net and then it all goes wrong in a big way... and they're off on one again and they're never happy.

It's a hobby I suppose :D

@rookies what I know about Nikon you could put on a postage stamp but.... Like I said the dust obv bothers you I would go back to Nikon and stay there mate it sounds like you have already made your mind up just don't send yourself mad making a decision lol
I shot Nikon for decades, same with Canon... they all work...

Just can't believe anyone would ditch an A7 for DSLR over dust bunnies... get a DSLR mirror mechanism spraying oil and bits of its mechanism over the sensor and you're back to square one.

No offence meant rookies and not talking about just you specifcally but we see people on this forum time and time again bouncing from camera to camera and initially they're very positive and trash the last thing they had all over the net and then it all goes wrong in a big way... and they're off on one again and they're never happy.

It's a hobby I suppose :D

Indeed, it does seem a hobby.

But it depends what hobby you want. I do like gear but my hobby is photography and therefore what I need is a camera I'm going to take with me... that lead me to CSC's.

If your hobby is spending money and road testing gear then flitting about will be very rewarding but I'd rather have a camera that just works and keep it until it doesn't or something that suits my needs a lot better comes along.

I only changed from Nikon to Canon when I went digital and then went to CSC for the more compact kit and shooting aids. Can't see myself moving again for a long time unless my A7 dies or a disruptive tech comes along.

Photography first, playing with new gear a distant second for me.

Last edited:
Back