The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone experienced something similar? I've been out shooting this morning and suddenly my camera didn't want to turn off. I took battery out and back in then switched on and the screen and evf were flickering. That's now stopped but i can't focus or anything, aperture is set to 0.

Guess contact fuji as its still under warranty?

@Tom30 Sounds like it’s not recognising the lens. Take it off and make sure the contacts are clean.

Are they the small pins? If so, looks good to me. I've tried my other lenses now I'm home and it's the same issue.
Yep. Just wipe them anyway.

Anyone experienced something similar? I've been out shooting this morning and suddenly my camera didn't want to turn off. I took battery out and back in then switched on and the screen and evf were flickering. That's now stopped but i can't focus or anything, aperture is set to 0.

Guess contact fuji as its still under warranty?

Have you been shooting in manual mode? Have you checked shoot with or without lens in the menu?

Yeah usually use manual. I've just tried to look for that setting but the camera basically switches on and off constantly. I've booked in to send to fuji, awaiting packaging.
Have you been shooting in manual mode? Have you checked shoot with or without lens in the menu?

Snow in Coventry by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

It has been a funny old weekend weather-wise, but as dusk was falling this evening, with snow coming down "that would look good in black and white", so popped out the front of my house. The composition I had thought of didn't work but was pleased with this one from around the corner.

The snow has mostly melted already.

Just in case anyone missed it, on the previous page I asked if there were any recommendations for 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptors so I can use an external mic with my XT20.

Thanks
Amazon do a whole range of adapters with prices of between £3 and £7 in several different styles, many of which would be suitable.

I picked a couple up from Amazon cheap enough
Looking for a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor so I can use my external mic with my xt20. Just wondering if there's any recommendation so I can cut the rubbish out there and get a good quality adaptor.

Thanks.

Went to get my booster jab and thought walk down the canal with the trusty x100. This is the only pic taken because on the other side of the bridge 2 arseholes tried to mug me. They both ended up in the canal, the second with a broken nose thanks to the camera being forcibly being shown to him.
Canal Bridge by gary, on Flickr
Good for you Gary

Went to get my booster jab and thought walk down the canal with the trusty x100. This is the only pic taken because on the other side of the bridge 2 arseholes tried to mug me. They both ended up in the canal, the second with a broken nose thanks to the camera being forcibly being shown to him.
Good effort Gary. (y)

Very disappointed with your post, should have broken both noses :)

Good on you, I always carry a monopod with my camera gear, never gonna use it with a camera but I like having it close to hand.

OMG! Is the camera (oh, and you) ok??? Great picture though

Last edited:
Popped into London yesterday, as it was sunny... Managed a little architecture (of sorts) ;)
Also had various chats with security bods, who were actually very nice. One even said about "Best not to take photos of that building, as it`s MI6, and they`ll be all over you in minutes", Bless him

All H1 16-55

Wave of light and shadow by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Triangulation by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Up or Down by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Popped into London yesterday, as it was sunny... Managed a little architecture (of sorts) ;)
Also had various chats with security bods, who were actually very nice. One even said about "Best not to take photos of that building, as it`s MI6, and they`ll be all over you in minutes", Bless him

When I was walking past the front of MI6''s "Legoland" some years ago, carrying my old Canon 40D, I was followed by a "homeless guy" for some distance, muttering to himself. Probably was a homeless guy. Anyway, the security bod is forgetting what MI6 already know: that you can take an excellent picture from the north side of the Thames with a long lens.

Excellent pictures, spot-on framing, and a great tonality, Paul.

When I was walking past the front of MI6''s "Legoland" some years ago, carrying my old Canon 40D, I was followed by a "homeless guy" for some distance, muttering to himself. Probably was a homeless guy. Anyway, the security bod is forgetting what MI6 already know: that you can take an excellent picture from the north side of the Thames with a long lens.

Excellent pictures, spot-on framing, and a great tonality, Paul.
Thanks, Gary :)

That guy was definitely checking you, I reckon. Spies are all over, and the amount of cameras is insane...

All H1 16-55

Wave of light and shadow by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Triangulation by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Up or Down by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice set of architectural type Fujigraphs Paul, liking all of these very much together with the high contrast mono presentation.

"Solo Walker"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of a guy out walking on his own.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Solo Walk-03590 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Thanks, Gary :)

That guy was definitely checking you, I reckon. Spies are all over, and the amount of cameras is insane...
When my daughter was at college she went on a trip to the Netherlands with her class and was in The Hague. She found a really interesting building and was taking lots of pictures of it when she was suddenly confronted by armed police. Turned out the building was the Chinese Embassy and they were a bit twitchy about things.

She did the typical teenage girl thing and rang me in floods of tears. Except I was away on a business trip in Seattle..........and it was 2:30 in the morning on the West coast of the USA. Why she didn't ring her Mum I'll never know.......:confused:

When my daughter was at college she went on a trip to the Netherlands with her class and was in The Hague. She found a really interesting building and was taking lots of pictures of it when she was suddenly confronted by armed police. Turned out the building was the Chinese Embassy and they were a bit twitchy about things.

She did the typical teenage girl thing and rang me in floods of tears. Except I was away on a business trip in Seattle..........and it was 2:30 in the morning on the West coast of the USA. Why she didn't ring her Mum I'll never know.......:confused:

That`s probably because "Dads" are the go to, in a panic situation ;) I hope it was all sorted though.

Very nice set of architectural type Fujigraphs Paul, liking all of these very much together with the high contrast mono presentation.

Thank you kindly, George :)

Back