The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Waiting to see what is going on with the xh2 and xt5. I think the xh2s is more towards video.
I think the H2 will be interesting, but all dependant on pricing. Especially going up against FF. Fooj definitely need something a bit special imo.

For what I shoot, I don`t need blazingly fast AF, and eyelash detection. Same as I don`t need a car that can park itself ;)It`s almost as with all this auto tech coming into play, there will be little room left for any artistic interpretation, in taking a photo without turning everything off. In which case, is there really any/much need for it, unless you are shooting fast sports etc But then again I would imagine one would go top end FF for all that.
I only like IBIS because I`m a bit shaky now ;)

Not much chat about X-H2S. Has anyone *cough* preordered ?
No, I’ll wait until it hits the streets. Early reviews look promising but reviews of the finished article will tell if Fuji have genuinely developed the AF to be useful and the bugs reported on the pre-production cameras have been ironed out. I’m interested in the X-H2S for birds in flight and sports photography mainly. My X-T4, X-T3 & X-S10 perform admirably for my other photography needs.

I think the H2 will be interesting, but all dependant on pricing. Especially going up against FF. Fooj definitely need something a bit special imo.

For what I shoot, I don`t need blazingly fast AF, and eyelash detection. Same as I don`t need a car that can park itself ;)It`s almost as with all this auto tech coming into play, there will be little room left for any artistic interpretation, in taking a photo without turning everything off. In which case, is there really any/much need for it, unless you are shooting fast sports etc But then again I would imagine one would go top end FF for all that.
I only like IBIS because I`m a bit shaky now ;)
I've considered the switch to sony about 3 times now, and one of the main reasons was that low light performance looked better. I believe that's down to the sensor, so I'm guessing the 40 odd mp fuji coming would give better low light performance. I may have misunderstood that completely though.

I've got an H1, only ever held another fuji (xt3 maybe?) once for a moment and it felt too small so I've no idea what improvements are already available in the fuji range but I'm certainly very tempted depending on what real world reviews say.
I don't do video, but do want a camera that outperforms me every time - not a lot to ask but grabbing focus and tracking especially when the light is low-ish are both problems I've had and for the odd few times I take pictures and hope to get paid avoiding a missed shot is worth spending a premium.
I don't want to change brands as I've got and like all the lenses I need so I'll be looking out for reviews of production cameras and saving up..

I don't want to change brands as I've got and like all the lenses I need so I'll be looking out for reviews of production cameras and saving up..

That's the sticker for me too. I've already moved from Canon to Fuji (at great expense) and I like using the X-T range, as I've got small hands for a bloke. There isn't a Fuji lens that I haven't liked, and wish I still had my 16 f1.4. I swapped it for the 90 f2 which is a great lens, but I just don't use it that often.

The X-H2s is, to me, out of reach due to the price, and I doubt whether the X-H2 will be less than £2k.

Yes, I am on the list but I need to see the specifications fot the 40MP version before I decide.
Apparently first release (in shops) of the XH2S (26MP) variant will be mid July 2022 and the XH2R (40MP) information release in September and in shops by end of November.
The R version will be cheaper but do we really need a 40MP APS-C (equivalent to a 70MP FF camera or a 150MP on the Fuji GFX models. My GFX100S gives me all the detail and more than I need!

Struggling to decide between S v. R versions but waiting until November is better for my finances especially in the current climate.

That's the sticker for me too. I've already moved from Canon to Fuji (at great expense) and I like using the X-T range, as I've got small hands for a bloke. There isn't a Fuji lens that I haven't liked, and wish I still had my 16 f1.4. I swapped it for the 90 f2 which is a great lens, but I just don't use it that often.

The X-H2s is, to me, out of reach due to the price, and I doubt whether the X-H2 will be less than £2k.
I have large hands (short fingers, large palms) and I think my XT3 is the best camera since my Nikon F3 film camera. I really like the XT3 and the XH1 is also very good but I find the shutter to be almost too silent!
The Fuji kit keeps on getting better so I hope the XH2S/R will be equivalent to my Nikon Z7 in terms of AF performance.

Yup. I went from Canon to Nikon to Olympus to Fuji and finally am happy with the feel of Fuji along with the quality, weight etc.
The expense of the X-H2s is silly, so like many I'll be hoping that it sells slowly to start, meaning prices will drop (does it work like that..?) However, as I hinted at earlier, missing a shot or two at a wedding or whatever has no price on it's head, any my X-H1 missed focus a few times at a friends wedding at a crucial moment and I would go to almost any expense to avoid that happening again.
To add to that, my attitude to money is different these days. I have none but the last couple of years have seen too many loved ones go, too much sadness and regret, and despite me being unable to work for most of that time I'm dammed if I'm not going to enjoy today and try to find a way to do most of what I want. If I can work out a way to justify silly money on a camera that I want then I'll certainly try....

To add to that, my attitude to money is different these days. I have none but the last couple of years have seen too many loved ones go, too much sadness and regret, and despite me being unable to work for most of that time I'm dammed if I'm not going to enjoy today and try to find a way to do most of what I want. If I can work out a way to justify silly money on a camera that I want then I'll certainly try....

We're in the almost exact predicament. When I quit my job in London to move down here to the west country, we always intended on going back to work. We took 6 months off after we moved, then Covid happened. Since then my health has deteriorated somewhat. Not to the point of not being able to work at all, but certainly not a full 40 hour week and nothing that involves manual labour.

So we're severely lacking on income compared to what we used to be, with me working in the City and the wife working for a local estate agent before we moved...No mortgage, both cars are paid for, and it's just the two of us at home, so we get by. I've got some photography gear that I'm not using and would like to out it, with my X-T2 and a few other bits to fund a G-FX, but I can't see it happening soon :rolleyes:

I should do that - thanks!

Does anyone have any advice on getting hold of out-of-stock cameras - I am after an X100v and it seems like I need to get one ordered and wait for it to come in, Is there anywhere, in particular, that is better to order from. E.g. do the bigger stores, say WEX, get more allocation? Or am I as well going to my local Fuji dealer? I would rather avoid grey imports.

I should do that - thanks!

Does anyone have any advice on getting hold of out-of-stock cameras - I am after an X100v and it seems like I need to get one ordered and wait for it to come in, Is there anywhere, in particular, that is better to order from. E.g. do the bigger stores, say WEX, get more allocation? Or am I as well going to my local Fuji dealer? I would rather avoid grey imports.

Ffordes seem to have the silver x100v in stock, trying .. to ... resist .....

Tempting, I was after the black, but may have to compromise just to get it...

A question for you fuji folk. My daughter loves her cheap basic film camera but film is soo expensive now and she's starting to want a bit more control so I'm wondering about maybe getting her a very cheap old fuji camera possibly with a kit lens that can also make use of my lenses so that she can experiment and learn without the restriction of film prices and availability.
I know nothing about the older bodies, so any thoughts about which ones to look at, and approximate prices?
Should you have something gathering dust then let me know and post a thread as per the rules - the cheaper the better..
To be honest, it doesn't even need to be a Fuji as mpb have old Canon 300d's (my first digital camera) from about £30 although I'd need a lens or two along with batteries and cards.

I have been looking for a “cheap” X-E1, buy they all seem to be over £100.

Canons do seem to be cheaper, likely because they’ve been around longer.

I have been looking for a “cheap” X-E1, buy they all seem to be over £100.

Canons do seem to be cheaper, likely because they’ve been around longer.
Over £100 is fine for me as a Fuji would be way more useful and could take all my lenses etc. I also expect that compared to the old Canon bodies I'd get something a little newer and possibly better.
Thing is that I know nothing about the older Fuji bodies, but ideally want something with more control options, knobs to twiddle!

Over £100 is fine for me as a Fuji would be way more useful and could take all my lenses etc. I also expect that compared to the old Canon bodies I'd get something a little newer and possibly better.
Thing is that I know nothing about the older Fuji bodies, but ideally want something with more control options, knobs to twiddle!
X-T1 would be just the ticket....

Does anyone know if there is any way that lightroom or any other software can analyse the fuji raws and show where the camera picked the focus point?

Does anyone know if there is any way that lightroom or any other software can analyse the fuji raws and show where the camera picked the focus point?
Capture One Pro can do this but there is also several free apps developed that show the information you want and much more.

Search for DIREXIF on Google and also look here which offeres some good utilities.

Personally. No.

It looks like a lovely piece of kit but personally I wouldn't really benefit from it over the current bodies that I have or from the cheaper APS-C bodies.

If I had the kind of money that it costs to spend on gear as an indulgence then I'd be looking at finding a way to leverage my way to a GFX body and lens.

If I was making a living from my kit or doing video then I would maybe think differently.

It looks like a fine peice of technology but I don't need it, I'm firmly wedded to the GFX range for the foreseeable.

That said I have enjoyed my xp2/35mm f1.4 recently, never say never ;)

Third day out testing the sigma 56mm. I was missing focus quite a lot when I was out trying to capture some street shots few days back. I don't know whether that was a user error, lens or the camera. I was shooting wide open at approx f2, using the same settings etc which I'd use with other lenses no problem. Yesterdays trip I went down to F5 - 8 or so, shooting more landscape style shots, 90%+ in focus.

DSCF5070 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF5034 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF5026 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF5068 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF5045 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF5072 by Thomas A, on Flickr

Yes, along with grip and a fast CF card. Will be interesting to compare to my H1
I have a fast TypeB Express card on order which should be here any day. I want to see if it works in my Z7 but it is destined to go in the XH2S.
What grip have you ordered? I like the idea of the more expensive one with all the added features but there seems to be little detailed information available.
Just keep my fingers crossed that finally the Fuji AF speed will match or be close to my Nikons.

A couple from yesterday afternoon in the bright sunshine.

The first was taken on Mere Down, just a few minutes from home. I love coming up here and watching the clouds form shadows on the hills. It can be quite mesmerising.

Clouds by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

And this is St Mary's church, in the next village along for where the first shot was taken.

Church1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

It was a bit bright yesterday, and it won't be long before the crops turn golden, and I'll be shooting the fields.

I've got a 50-140mm f2.8 for the weekend - it has passed the first hurdle, in that it actually fits in my camera bag, but I have got to wait until after work to get out and use it properly.

Back