The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Thinking of taking another crack at Fuji with the XT5, had the 1, 2, & 3 previously. Is it far Superior to the XT4 ?

Currently using my Sony a7iv for Street Photography but a little on the big side, so was looking at trading my a9 for either the XT4 or XT5 and picking up the 23mm as the perfect street package.

Would be great to hear real world experiences for people who use on a regular basis rather than the utube stuff.

TIA

The T5 has the 40MP sensor, big difference to the 24MP version in the 2,3, & 4. The 4 had a twisty screen (I think), the 5 went back to the same design as the earlier models. Not sure if the IBIS was updated, but I suffer with shaky hands sometimes, and the T5 works for me, Focus on the T5 is a bit better too I believe. I skipped the T4, but I've had a 1 (now with my son) a pair of 2's, plus a 3. I now have just the T5 and it's the best one yet in my opinion. Never tried an X-H body though.

The T5 has the 40MP sensor, big difference to the 24MP version in the 2,3, & 4. The 4 had a twisty screen (I think), the 5 went back to the same design as the earlier models. Not sure if the IBIS was updated, but I suffer with shaky hands sometimes, and the T5 works for me, Focus on the T5 is a bit better too I believe. I skipped the T4, but I've had a 1 (now with my son) a pair of 2's, plus a 3. I now have just the T5 and it's the best one yet in my opinion. Never tried an X-H body though.
Steve ,how are you finding the 33mm ,on my list.?

Steve ,how are you finding the 33mm ,on my list.?

Absolutely love it. I have always been a fan of the 35 f1.4, but this 33mm is just better in every way, and it focuses really quickly, I've hardly used anything else since I bought it.

Edit: If only they produced a 23mm version too.....

Last edited:
Blimey, just looked it up on Wex, it's a bit pricey at £819.... !!
F/1.4 lenses do tend to be pricey, and that's an 'issue' I have with APS-C, you're paying top dollar for a 35mm f2 lens effectively, whereas you can pick up a good FF 35mm f1.8 lens for under £400.

I dont - I dont like the experience. It starts to feel more like a video game than photography. I use focus peaking and that’s bad enough for taking you out of the moment.
I understand, but by magnifying (it’s only a button press on the rear dial) you can tune the focus peaking better, then click again to go back to full image

Lost lens cap XT 5 Kit lens 18-55 XF Zoom. Having never lost a cap before, anyone know what size I need?

Or where I measure the lens from where to where to determine?

Many thanks

Lost lens cap XT 5 Kit lens 18-55 XF Zoom. Having never lost a cap before, anyone know what size I need?

Or where I measure the lens from where to where to determine?

Many thanks
I would guess it's the same as the filter size ..

Blimey, just looked it up on Wex, it's a bit pricey at £819.... !!
E-Infinity - £629.

I think Fuji in the UK take the p*ss a bit with lens pricing. And then chuck in cashbacks every so often to tempt those of us who won't bite on the regular pricing or don't go the refurb route.

E-Infinity - £629.

I think Fuji in the UK take the p*ss a bit with lens pricing. And then chuck in cashbacks every so often to tempt those of us who won't bite on the regular pricing or don't go the refurb route.
I think it's all photography gear in the UK not just Fuji.

Tax, import duties, GBP rates etc etc.

If one makes the assumption that they are not include then the price differences are rather more significant than "Tax, import duties". The grey prices tend to be dynamic and incorporate "GBP rates".

Which just leaves "etc etc".

If one makes the assumption that they are not include then the price differences are rather more significant than "Tax, import duties". The grey prices tend to be dynamic and incorporate "GBP rates".

Which just leaves "etc etc".
It's all up in the air most of the time. If you compare eifinity with panamoz, it makes it even more strange I think.

Back