The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@andy759

I have panned (only one session so far) with the 100-400 at Oulton Park, I felt that it was succesful for the first time out with this lens, @RichardC27 probably has the most experience on this forum with panning with this lens

I find that it takes time to tune into panning, and changes of focal length or object speeds cause a reset on my panning skills, I also seem to have moments of brilliance (ie can succesfully pan for 10 mins or so) followed by complete 'can't pan for toffee' periods - I take my hat off to those you can pan with relatively large lenses at slow shutter speeds, my son could do it straight out the box, whereas my old hands don't have the smoothness!

Nice shot I’ve been contemplating a Viltrox for my XT5
I have three now: 13mm F/1.4, 23mm F/1.4 and the 56mm. They're all really good, even more so when you consider the price. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Essex; more than happy to meet up if you wanted to try my lenses on your camera.

My first view of Fuji. It completely caught me off guard - We were on the wrong side of the train to see it, and I had promised myself I wouldn't sneak a sub par view from across the train, I'd wait until we arrived and disembarked. I was even considering keeping my eyes to the ground until we could get somewhere suitably scenic. What I had forgotten, was that the train does a little dog leg manoeuvre for the last few stops, which meant that suddenly we were on the right side.
I had been fiddling with my camera, offloading the SD cards to portable storage etc, and just idly glanced out the window to see this. I literally gasped out loud and kind of jumped in my seat. I had dreamed of this trip for decades, absolutely obsessing over it - for years I would check the webcams every day to watch sunrise and sunset over Fuji... To suddenly have it in front of me was almost overwhelming.

Kawaguchiko by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

My first view of Fuji. It completely caught me off guard - We were on the wrong side of the train to see it, and I had promised myself I wouldn't sneak a sub par view from across the train, I'd wait until we arrived and disembarked. I was even considering keeping my eyes to the ground until we could get somewhere suitably scenic. What I had forgotten, was that the train does a little dog leg manoeuvre for the last few stops, which meant that suddenly we were on the right side.
I had been fiddling with my camera, offloading the SD cards to portable storage etc, and just idly glanced out the window to see this. I literally gasped out loud and kind of jumped in my seat. I had dreamed of this trip for decades, absolutely obsessing over it - for years I would check the webcams every day to watch sunrise and sunset over Fuji... To suddenly have it in front of me was almost overwhelming.

Kawaguchiko by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

I don't know you Jamie, and I've never been to Japan; but from that post I feel like I *completely* understand how you felt :)

I’m looking to buy a new flash for xt2 for macro so manual only would be ok , a ttl Godox v 350 is often used by a lot of macro photographers who stack as it has a great continuous ability ,not Sue I’d need it ,also wex have a listed one but it doesn’t include compatibility with XT2, though works with XT1 Xpro 1 and 2 ,any thoughts or rec please anyone?
Cheers

I’m looking to buy a new flash for xt2 for macro so manual only would be ok , a ttl Godox v 350 is often used by a lot of macro photographers who stack as it has a great continuous ability ,not Sue I’d need it ,also wex have a listed one but it doesn’t include compatibility with XT2, though works with XT1 Xpro 1 and 2 ,any thoughts or rec please anyone?
Cheers
Indoor or outdoor?
For inside I would have thought something like a couple of led lights might be more consistent. I just googled "light cubes for photography", and there's a bunch come up. Mainly for video, but would work. Also can easily move them around to where exactly you want the light to fall.
Just a thought ;)

Indoor or outdoor?
For inside I would have thought something like a couple of led lights might be more consistent. I just googled "light cubes for photography", and there's a bunch come up. Mainly for video, but would work. Also can easily move them around to where exactly you want the light to fall.
Just a thought ;)
Outside Paul with a diffuser infront

Cheers
It works with my X-T2. Although I usually use it with a Godox wireless trigger. Just make sure you get the "F" Fuji version.

Cheers

I don't use it often, but have a Nissin i40 which is a pocket powerhouse. If you aren't worried about wireless then they're a solid option.

Forget your Kobe beef - Hida beef from a little shack at the side of the road in Takayama is the best I've ever had. I damn near had an existential crisis after taking the first bite. It just fell apart in my mouth, and any previous opinions I had about good beef fell apart with it. I've never tasted anything like it.

I'm sure several hours of hiking on an empty stomach had something to do with it too... ;)

Mind blowing beef and a beer for around £5.

£15 later I continued my hike. Best breakfast ever.

Takayama by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

Working in Bath this week, so I had a wander. All X-T4 with either Viltrox 56mm F/1.7 or 23mm F/1.4.

It was only after I took the shot that I realised what was being advertised in the window. Luckily I'd already eaten by then :D
DSCF3762.jpeg

DSCF3763.jpeg

Got you in cider my head
DSCF3767.jpeg

I only realised when I took this off my camera that someone else was shooting the owl at the same time as me :)
DSCF3780.jpeg

DSCF3788.jpeg

DSCF3793.jpeg

Working in Bath this week, so I had a wander. All X-T4 with either Viltrox 56mm F/1.7 or 23mm F/1.4.

It was only after I took the shot that I realised what was being advertised in the window. Luckily I'd already eaten by then :D
View attachment 434793

View attachment 434794

Got you in cider my head
View attachment 434795

I only realised when I took this off my camera that someone else was shooting the owl at the same time as me :)
View attachment 434796

View attachment 434797

View attachment 434798
Nice set (y)
Id stay well clear of that chicken shop though :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 434793

View attachment 434794

Got you in cider my head
View attachment 434795

View attachment 434796

View attachment 434797

View attachment 434798

Nice shots. I do like Bath (except for the parking) :)

Nice set (y)
Id stay well clear of that chicken shop though :ROFLMAO:

Thanks both :)

Paul - agreed, I think I'll give that one a swerve next time I'm there!

Lee - yes, there isn't a lot. I parked in the Southgate Centre as I was staying at the Premier Inn right in the centre. Work paid for the parking, which was a relief when I saw the price!

Lee - yes, there isn't a lot. I parked in the Southgate Centre as I was staying at the Premier Inn right in the centre. Work paid for the parking, which was a relief when I saw the price!

This is why, even though I'm only 20 minutes from Bath, I rarely visit the city.

This is why, even though I'm only 20 minutes from Bath, I rarely visit the city.

It's about a 25 minute drive for me too. Then 25 minutes to park :ROFLMAO:

I do have a place I have parked a few times but as it's outside of all the zones, it's well over a mile along the water heading in. Can be a nice walk though. I sometimes pay to park by the old train station if I'm only doing a couple of hours street photos and time is against me.

@Jelster and @LeeRatters

Have you guys been to Berkeley Castle? Not too far from you. We went years ago, but really cool place with lots of history. Was privately owned by the same family, but no idea now.

Back