The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes. F8 and all is in focus. For £200 or so it's a steal of a lens. Did you know that you can set lens correction for Nikon 10mm fish eye in Lightroom and it works on the Sammy?

I did but very rarely used it, fisheye for fisheye 10-24 set at 10mm for really wide without so much distortion.

Does the perfect 2nd hand X-T1 exist?
Must be absolutely immaculate with all the bits. Preferably in an unopened box and priced at approx £300. I'm looking for one.

LOL. I prefer my equipment to have marks before I use it, that way I feel less guilty when one appears :D

I've always found manually focusing with the X-T1 a doddle for the most part, yeah it does help if its nice and bright but the large viewfinder and the many different focusing aids really help

Small Hoverfly by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

I took this today, with my X-T1 and an old Tokina 28mm FD. What I like about the FD fitting is the adapter has a lock ring and if you unlock it, it opens the aperture wide, making focusing easier. You can then just lock it back and it sets to the aperture you have chosen. I used to have a Helios 44 that had a preset ring and that was handy too for opening the aperture wide without fiddling with the aperture ring

Lovely shot

Does the perfect 2nd hand X-T1 exist?
Must be absolutely immaculate with all the bits. Preferably in an unopened box and priced at approx £300. I'm looking for one.

Unopened box ? So you mean a brand new one for £300 then, if the box is unopened it won't be a 2nd hand will it.

Looking at the specs between the XT-1 and XT-10 the only advantages for me would be the handling of the XT-1 (picked up an XT-1 for the first time today and blimey it was perfect !) and the lovely viewfinder although I've never been disappointed with the EVF in the XT-10.

What are XT-10's going for c £300 ? and the XT-1 £400+

Hmmmmmmm

Think you've slightly missed the point. That's my fault for being deliberately obtuse but we seem to have unearthed another in the mould of our dear departed friend Rookies:eek:

My wife does a lot of painting - she says she isn't very good at it but it keeps her out of mischief anyway. She's into 'Naive Art' and has recently copied a Louise Braithwaite image of Beer in South Devon. We've recently been there and I tried to get the same image as a photo:-

Beer%20Combined_zpswbbacn0d.jpg

I was just mucking about really - I had to remember the scene in the painting as I took the photo - the painting appears quite true to life

Cheers

I have a friend, who lives in Guernsey, staying with me at present as she has been on an art course locally. She is a very talented amateur artist who teaches other amateur artists over there and has been looking over my shoulder as I have been scrolling through the posts. She has just said that your wife's painting is "Really very good."

Did he? I missed that. I thought I saw him buy an X-T1 though he did finish up on my ignore list so his later changes of mind would pass me by.

Not to worry. A worthy successor is in the pipeline.

Did he? I missed that. I thought I saw him buy an X-T1 though he did finish up on my ignore list so his later changes of mind would pass me by.

Not to worry. A worthy successor is in the pipeline.

:D

I didn't see any evidence of the X-T1 but he says he preferred the Sony and has posted some photos :) Alls well that ends well :D

Now, more importantly, Colin's kindly posted me a flash and some transceivers, and I've ordered some light stands / brollies etc. This is either going to end up with some higher quality pics of the kids, or a lot of broken kit and bruised children. Place your bets now :exit:

Looking at the specs between the XT-1 and XT-10 the only advantages for me would be the handling of the XT-1 (picked up an XT-1 for the first time today and blimey it was perfect !) and the lovely viewfinder although I've never been disappointed with the EVF in the XT-10.

What are XT-10's going for c £300 ? and the XT-1 £400+

Hmmmmmmm

Just as a heads up I may be interested in an XT-1 if anyone considers selling - that would also make my XT-10 available if anyone interested !

Lovely shot Stuart, love the sky
Thanks Steve,
Only popped out for some sunset shots at a local disused jetty but have always fancied trying automotive photography and this is the most glamourous hire car we have had to date :D

Thanks Steve,
Only popped out for some sunset shots at a local disused jetty but have always fancied trying automotive photography and this is the most glamourous hire car we have had to date :D

I'd love to give this a go too, but I'm not sure a striking picture of my "daddy" estate would have the same impact :D

I have a friend, who lives in Guernsey, staying with me at present as she has been on an art course locally. She is a very talented amateur artist who teaches other amateur artists over there and has been looking over my shoulder as I have been scrolling through the posts. She has just said that your wife's painting is "Really very good."
Wow, she will be pleased:)

I promise these will be the last couple of photos for a little while.

These were the two sunset shots I took ahead of doing the car shot. The location is Cockenzie, a place I don't really get to due to being to far away without a car so grabbed the opportunity last night to go further afield.
Hope you all like

Cockenzie Pier by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Cockenzie by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Wow, very nice. Especially the first one. Top drawer.

I promise these will be the last couple of photos for a little while.

These were the two sunset shots I took ahead of doing the car shot. The location is Cockenzie, a place I don't really get to due to being to far away without a car so grabbed the opportunity last night to go further afield.
Hope you all like

Cockenzie Pier by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Cockenzie by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Wow - stunners !

I'd like one with no marks on it though !

Just not sure it's worth it either !

Remember what I said above, you'll get far more upset if you mark equipment that's immaculate. Buy something "rustic" and shoot away care free! :D

Lots of folk looking for gear are a bit OCD.
Makes you wonder if they ever venture outside with their precious purchases.
A camera is not a fashion accessory. It is a tool used to achieve a result.

Back