The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Errm !! I didn't really know quite how to title these two shots, so I've just called them "Head Case" & "Old Bone Wall".:whistle::D:D

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens @ 10mm FL, 1/18th @ F4, ISO-1600, Handheld. (Apparently some of these sculls are at least 700 years old)
Head Case-03088 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens @10mm FL, 1/25th @ F5.6, ISO-1600, Handheld. (Apparently these old human remains have been piled here since 1907)
Old Bone Wall-03102 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Errm !! I didn't really know quite how to title these two shots, so I've just called them "Head Case" & "Old Bone Wall".:whistle::D:D

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens @ 10mm FL, 1/18th @ F4, ISO-1600, Handheld.

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens @10mm FL, 1/25th @ F5.6, ISO-1600, Handheld. (Apparently these old human remains have been piled here since 1907)

George.

hi George. would be interested to see the 2nd converted to black and white.

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens @ 10mm FL, 1/18th @ F4, ISO-1600, Handheld. (Apparently some of these sculls are at least 700 years old)

George.

I prefer the first shot George, although the second is excellent. I think the 10-24mm is probably my favourite Fuji lens. Where were these taken by the way (please don't say Paris catacombs as the waiting time to get in was horrendous, and I decided to go see other things)

George.
Where is this?

Looks like the church at Hythe in Kent to me

Very nice photos, good colours, I would also like to see it in b&w

Last edited:
Bought a 35/f2 today. The price rises tipped me over the edge. I'll give myself a deadline of 31 October to decide between that and the f1.4, as that's the point I'll be back from Japan and should have a good handle on the output from the f2.

Liking the handling so far though. I had come to ignore the noise from the f1.4 as it's not *bad* but the f1 is certainly quicker and quieter.

I prefer the first shot George, although the second is excellent. I think the 10-24mm is probably my favourite Fuji lens. Where were these taken by the way (please don't say Paris catacombs as the waiting time to get in was horrendous, and I decided to go see other things)

Many thanks for that Rob, appreciate your comments.(y)

"They were in fact taken at St Leonards Church in Hythe, Kent, entrance is just £1.00. (free I guess if you get yourself added to the collection)".

George.

That's a superbly unique subject George, and cracking images as well, great detail [emoji106]

Looks like the church at Hythe in Kent to me

Very nice photos, good colours, I would also like to see it in b&w

Many thanks for that Rich, appreciate your comments. Perfectly correct on your location.(y)

George.

That's a superbly unique subject George, and cracking images as well, great detail [emoji106]

Many thanks for that Gregg, appreciate you droppin' by and commenting.(y)

George.

I went to this church many years ago, probably about thirty five or forty I reckon. Sure the skulls then were on various shelves, nothing as posh as that shown in George''s first photo

Suppose it could be my memory playing tricks, must go there again one day, quite like the Romney Marsh and Cinque Ports area

Bought a 35/f2 today. The price rises tipped me over the edge. I'll give myself a deadline of 31 October to decide between that and the f1.4, as that's the point I'll be back from Japan and should have a good handle on the output from the f2.

Liking the handling so far though. I had come to ignore the noise from the f1.4 as it's not *bad* but the f1 is certainly quicker and quieter.

And you get £25 cashback just now too ;). I've just ordered 12mm samyang, 35mm f/2 and 23mm f/1.4 but I don't even have a Fuji! Cmon X-T2!

Yes - hadn't really made my mind up then ! Still depends on what my XT-10 is worth too

Hi, is your xt-10 for sale?

Apologies if this is bad form, I'm looking for one but as a new member can't access the classifieds for another 60 days, happy to wait but ideally prefer one before my kids go back to school.

Hi, is your xt-10 for sale?

Apologies if this is bad form, I'm looking for one but as a new member can't access the classifieds for another 60 days, happy to wait but ideally prefer one before my kids go back to school.

Hello - yes it is although only just as I was going to contact MPB !

Many thanks for that Rob, appreciate your comments.(y)

"They were in fact taken at St Leonards Church in Hythe, Kent, entrance is just £1.00. (free I guess if you get yourself added to the collection)".

George.

That's not a collection I wish to join George! :D

Really great images and something very different (if a bit weird ;))

Going to try and post more of my images, always see such lovely images from everyone else on here so I'll try and add to that! These were all taken with my new to me 23mm! I don't know why I ever got rid of my original one...

View attachment 70517

View attachment 70518

View attachment 70519

Adam
Nice stuff. I like that last one, good example of central conposition that works. :)

Find myself shooting at 23 and 35 a lot lately, tempted to trade in the 18-55 for a couple of primes... Tough trade though, zoom flexibility and OIS for extra bokeh... ;)

That's not a collection I wish to join George! :D

Really great images and something very different (if a bit weird ;))

Many thanks for that Graham, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"There's several other racks of sculls there with a few vacant places on them, I'm sure I recognised some of the names on the reserved spaces".:whistle::D

George.

Nice stuff. I like that last one, good example of central conposition that works. :)

Find myself shooting at 23 and 35 a lot lately, tempted to trade in the 18-55 for a couple of primes... Tough trade though, zoom flexibility and OIS for extra bokeh... ;)

I'd sell out flexibility for extra bokeh any day! Although I do own the 18-135 for when I just need all purpose and no fancies!

Adam

So, my Canon EOS 6D sold within a day for a decent price :confused: Clearly there's still a massive market for full frame DSLRs. Felt weird posting it off this morning, I'm all Fooj now though!

Kit list now looks like this:

X-E2 with 16-50, 50-230 and 27/2.8
X-T1 with 18-55, 55-200, Samyang 12/2, 18/2, 35/1.4, 35/2, 56/1.2, Zeiss Sonnar 85/2.8, Canon FD 100/2, Pentacon 135/2.8, Takumar 200/3.5

:eek::eek::D

So, my Canon EOS 6D sold within a day for a decent price :confused: Clearly there's still a massive market for full frame DSLRs. Felt weird posting it off this morning, I'm all Fooj now though!

X-T1 with 18-55, 55-200, Samyang 12/2, 18/2, 35/1.4, 35/2, 56/1.2, Zeiss Sonnar 85/2.8, Canon FD 100/2, Pentacon 135/2.8, Takumar 200/3.5

wow thats some lovely kit !

So nice light weight XE-2 and the XT-1 for the heavy boys ?

wow thats some lovely kit !

So nice light weight XE-2 and the XT-1 for the heavy boys ?

Basically! The X-E2 suits the lighter lenses really well but is a bit of a faff with anything else as it's not got a decent grip. Love both cameras either way though :)

Basically! The X-E2 suits the lighter lenses really well but is a bit of a faff with anything else as it's not got a decent grip. Love both cameras either way though :)

Sometimes I miss my XE-2 but most of the time I prefer the design of the XT-10 and hopefully soon the XT-1 if I can get one :)

Nice kit!! I ordered a 50-140 & 1.4x TC using the WEX 10% off voucher code, that and the £80 cashback basically makes the TC free!
Also picked up a well priced used 16-55 because as much as I love the primes I have to admit defeat and say that the flexibility of the zoom is very useful when out shooting.
I will probably move on the 56mm I bought, tremendous lens but like on full frame I just don't use the 85mm ish focal length and the zoom will serve me better for what I shoot.
Definitely keeping the 23mm as its a nice small walk around v the zoom but serious thought on the 16mm, I love the lens and the focal length but hard to justify keeping it and a zoom...

Kit:

X-Pro 2, 16mm f14, 23mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 16-55 f2.8 & 50-140 f2.8 with 1.4x TC.... oh and a Gripped XT2 on order.....

Nice kit!! I ordered a 50-140 & 1.4x TC using the WEX 10% off voucher code, that and the £80 cashback basically makes the TC free!
Also picked up a well priced used 16-55 because as much as I love the primes I have to admit defeat and say that the flexibility of the zoom is very useful when out shooting.
I will probably move on the 56mm I bought, tremendous lens but like on full frame I just don't use the 85mm ish focal length and the zoom will serve me better for what I shoot.
Definitely keeping the 23mm as its a nice small walk around v the zoom but serious thought on the 16mm, I love the lens and the focal length but hard to justify keeping it and a zoom...

Kit:

X-Pro 2, 16mm f14, 23mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 16-55 f2.8 & 50-140 f2.8 with 1.4x TC.... oh and a Gripped XT2 on order.....

That's some serious kit! I had a play with a 50-140 the other day and must admit I was surprised at how good it felt on the X-T1, I think I'd told myself that it would be too big, a foolish attempt to save my money maybe...

True but I'm a bit OCD so it would bother me :(
Thats not OCD, thats Anal retentive ;)

Its to be hoped you have a better knowledge of photography than you have of Psychology :D

Last edited:
I promise these will be the last couple of photos for a little while.

These were the two sunset shots I took ahead of doing the car shot. The location is Cockenzie, a place I don't really get to due to being to far away without a car so grabbed the opportunity last night to go further afield.
Hope you all like

Cockenzie Pier by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Cockenzie by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
Two fantastic images, Stuart. Wonderful light and drama in the sky too. No2 is my favourite.

No problem at all with MF on a Fuji in the dark, with a Samyang 12mm too.

Chwaral Hen Llanfair by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Try the 8mm fisheye if you want difficult to focus! It's has nowhere near the resolution of the 12mm so finding what is in focus is quite difficult sometimes, especially if it's something far away. The zone focus idea, set to 1m and f8 and leave it there does work pretty well in situations like that though.
Nicely balanced exposure there, Alan. You've nailed the focus too.

Last edited:

Kit:

Great work on the 50-140 + TC! That's an excellent deal :) Now you've got me wondering whether I should swap the 56 for the 23/1.4 or wait for the 23/2...

George.
I like those George, especially the first one. Have to agree with the comments about a mono conversion, I think that would really work well.

It reminds me of Douaumont ossuary in France I visited many years ago, it has the remains of around 130,000 French and German soldiers, from the Verdun battlefields. The basement is full of skeletal remains that you view through glass panels in the outside walls. It was a humbling experience.

Last edited:
2&3 in this set are excellent. I can't always hit the focus so sweetly even with a auto focus lens, you must have a great technique.
No technique as such, it's just a case of decided where I want the shot and take a burst, I was only saying last night to a friend that it's the exact opposite of my autofocus way of working which is, lock, track and (usually) single shot with only one or two shots out of focus in a day.

Kit:

Nice kit you have there Chris. Have you sold your second X-Pro2?

Nice kit you have there Chris. Have you sold your second X-Pro2?

I actually took advantage of Amazon's generous 30 day return policy.... I was torn because at the price I paid the XP2 was a steal but as I'm looking at zooms again I feel a gripped XT2 would be very handy in future.

Great work on the 50-140 + TC! That's an excellent deal :) Now you've got me wondering whether I should swap the 56 for the 23/1.4 or wait for the 23/2...

I know I wouldn't swap the 23 f1.4 for an f2. It's not all that big, and while the assumed WR would be nice I'm more than covered with the 16-55 on that front!

Back