The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a shot of a Pavement Artist that I was originally going to post in mono, but thought It would probably be better in colour so as to show the colours of his work.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1600 @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Pavement Artist (1)-20016C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
Beautiful light on that capture, superb. Well spotted and executed.

Been looking to see what dedicated (manual) Macro lenses there are for not too much money, preferably M42 fitment.

Any recommendations, aside from @mickledore's Vivitar?

Been looking to see what dedicated (manual) Macro lenses there are for not too much money, preferably M42 fitment.

Any recommendations, aside from @mickledore's Vivitar?

I've got a Minolta MD 50mm f3.5 macro. can be used with or without the 1:1 tube.

XPR21281.jpg

I've also got some dodgy extension tubes which gets it this close

XPR21287.jpg

Cheers fellas. Plenty to be going on with there. Didn't even consider ffordes!

It's probably been done to death but what do people who have the 50-140 think about it. I'm particularly interested in people's thoughts on the review by Lukas Gisbert-mora where he rubbishes the lens for portraits.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrKMaUCL1w

I'm all over the place is glass for the XT2, having now sold up all my nikon kit. At present i'm thinking 10-24, 16-55, 50-140 together with the X100T and a second hand 35 1.4. Ideally I would buy one lens and get used to the camera however I'm moving back home to NZ in early October and the cost of glass there is ridiculous. Hence, the massive outlay noted above.

Thanks

Adam

It's probably been done to death but what do people who have the 50-140 think about it. I'm particularly interested in people's thoughts on the review by Lukas Gisbert-mora where he rubbishes the lens for portraits.

I'm all over the place is glass for the XT2, having now sold up all my nikon kit. At present i'm thinking 10-24, 16-55, 50-140 together with the X100T and a second hand 35 1.4. Ideally I would buy one lens and get used to the camera however I'm moving back home to NZ in early October and the cost of glass there is ridiculous. Hence, the massive outlay noted above.

Thanks

Adam

I like it but compared with some of the other fuji lenses its a bit big and heavy
Just a snap, SOOC not even sure I focused on the eye
untitled-22.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr

Don`t have the 55-200 anymore so no direct comparison. Think the 50-140 is a bit better focus speed , IS is very good and the 2.8 at 140 if you need it. Have not looked recently at the price difference between the 2, if taking to NZ can you buy both and sell 1 at a good price over there?

On a different note...
I sent my 23mm lens back to Fuji on Moday morning. Just been told they've repaired it and it should be back with me tomorrow.
Think that's pretty good service.
That's really good. My experience with fuji has been as good so far

Don`t have the 55-200 anymore so no direct comparison. Think the 50-140 is a bit better focus speed , IS is very good and the 2.8 at 140 if you need it. Have not looked recently at the price difference between the 2, if taking to NZ can you buy both and sell 1 at a good price over there?

That's kind of what i'm thinking, assuming one of the other ten people who live there want one :)

That's kind of what i'm thinking, assuming one of the other ten people who live there want one :)
Been a few years, more than I care to remember, since I lived in Oz never did make it over to NZ. Do they have the internet there yet:);) maybe start to look at ebay.nz or forums over there?

On a different note...
I sent my 23mm lens back to Fuji on Moday morning. Just been told they've repaired it and it should be back with me tomorrow.
Think that's pretty good service.

Told you ;) Seriously impressive stuff, the sort of service that keeps people tied into a system through thick and thin.

Thanks

Adam
IF you sold your Nikon kit in favour of the Fuji's lighter weight, bear in mind that you'd simply be getting all that back with the 50-140mm. I had it but sold it for this reason; I don't really have a huge need for that fast a zoom. It's a superb lens though if you're just after the feature set, absolutely my favourite lens for features. Just a shame to only be used very sparingly, I preferred it went to someone who needed it.

IF you sold your Nikon kit in favour of the Fuji's lighter weight, bear in mind that you'd simply be getting all that back with the 50-140mm. I had it but sold it for this reason; I don't really have a huge need for that fast a zoom. It's a superb lens though if you're just after the feature set, absolutely my favourite lens for features. Just a shame to only be used very sparingly, I preferred it went to someone who needed it.

If I can keep the Fuji kit light I'm obviously keen on that, however that wasn't the main reason for my shift. I played with the 16-55 and 50-140 yesterday and I think the 16-55 is fine weight wise. The 50-140 is more boarder line. I have a young family who I want to shoot growing up, running around on the beach, playing sport etc. I also want to get into more paid photography work back home so thinking the 50-140 would be helpful there. I know people talk up the 55-200 but is it fast enough for what I'm after? I'm also a massive fan of fine detail. If the lens isn't sharp - it will annoy me. I can;t help it.

I recently sold my 56 mm 1.2 as I couldn't justify the cost for the time it was getting used and purchased a 23mm which was a focal length I use more. I did however miss the 56 and decided to pick up the Samyang 85 1.4 which got its first outing today, its manual so takes a little getting used to but first impressions are good, would have used it more but the rain in Manchester never eased off.

Manchester rain by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Manchester Fountain Gargoyle (1 of 1) by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Filthy Cow Manchester by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

If I can keep the Fuji kit light I'm obviously keen on that, however that wasn't the main reason for my shift. I played with the 16-55 and 50-140 yesterday and I think the 16-55 is fine weight wise. The 50-140 is more boarder line. I have a young family who I want to shoot growing up, running around on the beach, playing sport etc. I also want to get into more paid photography work back home so thinking the 50-140 would be helpful there. I know people talk up the 55-200 but is it fast enough for what I'm after? I'm also a massive fan of fine detail. If the lens isn't sharp - it will annoy me. I can;t help it.

The 55-200mm is a fast focusing lens, and renders very well. I tested it (badly) against my 50-230mm the other day and the 55-200 was definitely sharper. It really is very good (I'll post some crops when I get a chance - I was testing with our resident pigeon, Podge, in the garden). The 50-230mm wasn't too far behind IQ wise, but the smaller max aperture at the wide end compromises IQ due to the higher ISO required, and the focus is much slower. I'd like to try the 50-140/2.8 one day as it sounds excellent, but since having children I just can't manage the kids and heavy gear at once. Plus, heavy cameras and lenses swinging around are a bit of a hazard with toddlers around :(

To be fair you'll be hard pressed to find any of Fuji's lenses that aren't sharp, I have the crappy first generation 50-230 and it's tac sharp upto about f8, but it's slower then Christmas to focus.

The fuji 55-200mm lens is sharp and fast with great OIS. It also renders photographs beautifully. The one downside from my own experience is tracking, it is not good at tracking at all.

Can't sleep so playing with the fuji remote app. What the hell am i supposed to do about focusing? Nothing in app and with app running camera functions don't respond. Do I really have to focus first then muck about with the app?

Can't sleep so playing with the fuji remote app. What the hell am i supposed to do about focusing? Nothing in app and with app running camera functions don't respond. Do I really have to focus first then muck about with the app?
Just touch the screen (on phone or tablet) to select the focus point. Unless you have went to sleep in which case it should still work later [emoji1]

Have to put in another vote for the Samyang 12mm. Superb little lens, although I have found infinity isn't where it's marked. Turn the focus to just to the left of the dog leg marking.

DSCF1144-1 by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

Beautiful!! and I can confirm the infinity position at being just before the mark on the lens

To be fair you'll be hard pressed to find any of Fuji's lenses that aren't sharp, I have the crappy first generation 50-230 and it's tac sharp upto about f8, but it's slower then Christmas to focus.

Just been playing with my newly acquired 55-200 - a quick and dirty shot with no PP

Bumblebee_zpst2xgl9as.jpg

Cheers

Back