The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I trust you...I think.
Even if you do a runner you'll only have a comparatively inexpensive lens and I'll have learned a lesson.
Drop me your address and I'll try and get it posted this afternoon.

Will do Frank.
I will let you lay down the loan time (aka when you would like it back)

My 23mm is back at Fuji for a complete new rear lens assembly.
Anyone used their service? They promise I'll have it back by Friday. Are they that good?

Yep, sent my wife's X-M1 to Fuji after a failure, paid the extra to get it expedited and it was back with us, with completely new internals, 3 days later as far as I remember. Absolutely fantastic service, plus the whole camera now has 12 months warranty.

Yep, sent my wife's X-M1 to Fuji after a failure, paid the extra to get it expedited and it was back with us, with completely new internals, 3 days later as far as I remember. Absolutely fantastic service, plus the whole camera now has 12 months warranty.
That sounds excellent. I've paid the extra and it's promised to be back here by Friday. Let's hope so.

I managed to get one of the three XF 55-200 zooms from the Fuji Refurb website at the end of last week. It arrived yesterday – absolutely mint and unused, albeit with the old version 1.12 firmware (which I updated to 1.2). I thought I’d give the lens a test – particularly the OIS. So with the dog on a lead in one hand and my XT-1/55 to 200 in the other I went down to the Solent as dusk was approaching. There was nothing spectacular to shoot – it was windy, the dog was trying to get at the swans and I was shooting with one hand – and I have to say that the OIS was remarkable.

These are just quick shots - nothing fancy or 'considered' - the first shot is of Titchfield Haven – note the liner disappearing into the distance on yet another cruise:

TH-1_zpszq6qv7uu.jpg

The second is of Calshot Power Station and Esso Fawley in the dusk – both cropped to 16x9 (which I find most appealing)

TH_2_zpsmgbmgpac.jpg

So yes, I am very pleased with the lens – it is very sharp at 55mm certainly and the OIS is brilliant.

Nicely done, I've got some similar shots of Fawley power station. It's being knocked down soon, so we'll have a different landscape to shoot in the near future.

I may fancy dipping my toe back into the Fuji X system (again...??), question is, for a general 'do it all' X body would either the X-Pro1 or X-T1 be the better choice? I've owned a X-Pro1 in the past but not the X-T1.

Any advice/experience appreciated.

Pete

The XT1 has a newer sensor and image processor to the X PRO 1, shoots faster frames (8 vs 6), can do full HD at 60fps vs 24fps and is a smidge lighter.
The main benefit is the XT1 is weather sealed.

If shooting in general conditions though i think either would serve you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may fancy dipping my toe back into the Fuji X system (again...??), question is, for a general 'do it all' X body would either the X-Pro1 or X-T1 be the better choice? I've owned a X-Pro1 in the past but not the X-T1.

Pete
:LOL: took longer than I thought.

Will depend on the type of shooting you will be doing Peter, you already know the capabilities of the X-Pro1 so would it lack for you now?

Pete

I wondered how long it would take you Peter.:rolleyes::D

If it were me I'd go down the X-T1 route every time, It's not necessarily a better camera than the X-Pro1 if you get my drift but IMHO a much nicer and more versatile all round unit to use. You would be unable to tell the difference in image quality between the two cameras .(y)

George.

I'd been shooting my usual style.....floral and landscape photography. I'm guessing the X-T1 uses the same sensor as the X-Pro1 but has more up to date functions?
Has the mk2 version of the sensor but expect that to make things better obviously.
Are you edinburgh based peter?

Pete

Don't forget the XT-10 - I have an XT-1 now but I think the XT-10 is amazing VFM

I'd been shooting my usual style.....floral and landscape photography. I'm guessing the X-T1 uses the same sensor as the X-Pro1 but has more up to date functions?
For that you might need a macro lens. Stupar is looking after my excellent legacy lens for the foreseeable future. Make sure he lets you have a play with it. He might not need to return it once you have settled who has first rights to keep it!

Of fruit flavours...

Peter, of the 2 contenders, I would keep the X-T. I much prefer the multiple dials to menu driven selections and I also prefer the SLR type handling ("pentaprism" style VF rather than RF type on the corner.) The flippy out screen is very handy at times as well. BUT, if I was on a tight budget, I'd be happy with the X-Pro1. Until I tried an X-T1, then I'd wish I'd saved up for a while longer!!!

Wahoo! Welcome home Peter [emoji38]

XT1 is a must, you'll love the usability. XT10 is too small for most. The viewfinder in the XT1 is superb.

X-E2 is very good, same spec as the XT-10 since the latest firmware release.

I have a X-E2 and a X-T1, the former is my usual walkabout choice and the latter for larger lenses and tripod work.

Back