The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Lens advice please.

Would anyone recommend the 18-55 over the 16-55 and does the 18-55 perform well on the 24 mega pixel sensor?

If I were to go with the 18-55 as part of the Xt2 kit and wanted to add two lenses - what would you go for? I don't shoot sports, I do shoot pretty much everything else.

Cheers

With my X-T1 I have the 18-55 plus the 35mm f1.4. For me the essence of the X range is the wide aperture primes, and I had to have at least one. I'm now torn between the 16mm and the 56mm, I can't decide which I'd use more.

Two threads running at the moment, the D750 & this one. Both talking about what camera @minnnt is going to move to. "Unbelievable". :D:D

George.

Do you guys have no chill?

I need the cash to progress with my new hobby, painting by numbers. Still gonna go to all the same places, but i will just paint instead of photograph the scene.

How will you keep up with motor sport with a paint brush ? :)

I'll just do a single stroke and call it art. The colour will depend on the number of the car.

A single brown stroke could indicate multiple cars in parallel. All colours go brown when mixed together don't they? Will you then take a photo of the brown stroke with an NX1?

Two threads running at the moment, the D750 & this one. Both talking about what camera @minnnt is going to move to. "Unbelievable". :D:D

George.
Aye, quite funny, maybe worth checking the A7 thread in case there's three [emoji23]

I can't call it though, XT2 for portability and sports or D810 for the silly pixel count, both would be great for landscape, unless he's going all David Hasleblad ;)

A single brown stroke could indicate multiple cars in parallel. All colours go brown when mixed together don't they? Will you then take a photo of the brown stroke with an NX1?
I already have a few brown strokes in my pants so I'm pretty good at that already

As it's Motor Sports you could name your artwork "Skidmarks" and your pants too by the sound of it.

I already have a few brown strokes in my pants so I'm pretty good at that already.

Ah! Painting by numbers using #2...
:coat:

I dragged myself off my sick bed and went and spent a morning with an X-T2. Seems like quite some camera. A lot of the button controls are different and the menu layout is all changed. Even the 4way buttons won't need sugru to help locate them.
I came away quite impressed.
I can see why @minnnt is going to get one.

Forgot to mention...delivery date is set for 8th September.
Today is the final date for any amendments and production run starts tomorrow.

I did say to @minnnt when he sold his X-T1 that Fuji's are boomerang cameras!! there is something about them that gets under your skin. @macvisual and @UaeExile seem to be proving the point, and others have regularly swapped Fuji->DSLR->Fuji
Perceptive by name, Perceptive by nature eh? ;)

You're totally right by the way. The thing is I can't afford to have separate systems for work and play and can't quite shake the nagging feeling my D750s are better for what I shoot for a living.

Finally, I do honestly believe the XT2 could be the one but I need to see for myself rather than get caught up in the usual fuji-hype.

One thing that really impressed me was the A/F system. It looked like the system that was on my 5D3. All the various options were there with the ability to fine tune sensitivity etc. Obviously couldn't try it out at Oulton Park with BSB bikes flying past, but it looks good so far.

And no....I didn't order one.

I think the XT2 will be the game changer.

Coupled with a proper flash system (EF X500) and an already cracking line up of lenses it will be one to watch.

I think the XT2 will be the game changer.

Coupled with a proper flash system (EF X500) and an already cracking line up of lenses it will be one to watch.

To be honest, people have said that about almost every top-line fuji. I do agree that this one in particular will see many make a permanent shift - possibly myself included.

To be honest, people have said that about almost every top-line fuji. I do agree that this one in particular will see many make a permanent shift - possibly myself included.

All previous top line models were let down by other fundamentals though.

I can see Fuji becoming a popular choice for wedding photographers especially.

I did say to @minnnt when he sold his X-T1 that Fuji's are boomerang cameras!! there is something about them that gets under your skin. @macvisual and @UaeExile seem to be proving the point, and others have regularly swapped Fuji->DSLR->Fuji

I agree totally, Fuji has something no other manufacturer has.

What lenses are you going for minnnt? [emoji38]

Just a shot of a Pavement Artist that I was originally going to post in mono, but thought It would probably be better in colour so as to show the colours of his work.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1600 @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Pavement Artist (1)-20016C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

Just a shot of a Pavement Artist that I was originally going to post in mono, but thought It would probably be better in colour so as to show the colours of his work.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1600 @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Pavement Artist (1)-20016C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
Good call on the colour. I doubt his work would "pop" in mono, and he'd just look like a weirdo! [emoji16]

Good call on the colour. I doubt his work would "pop" in mono, and he'd just look like a weirdo! [emoji16]

Many thanks Jimmy, much appreciated.(y)

George.

Well with a huge thanks to Frank @mickledore this is my first real adventure into the world of macro photography with the XT1. Frank has kindly given me a loan of his Vivitar 55mm F2.8 1:1 macro lens and what a lens it is!

A bit of a beast that takes some practice to use but focus peaking on the Fooj makes things a touch easier. Will look forward to getting out into the wild with it and see what I can do in a not so controlled environment.

Its macro time by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Back