The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Jesus this place is getting worse, going downhill, yadda yadda. All the moaning and general chit chat about complete nonsense, I feel like I'm watching loose women or some other drivel that's televised during your average weekday. There's more Fuji specific chat on Facebook these days ffs.

Maybe I should go back to Nikon, I'm clearly grumpy enough today [emoji19]

Go shoot some pictures then :punch:

People moaning while some of us have used our Fujis today and even upped some pictures :p

Last edited:
Do you mean a screen saver or a background because it really annoys me when someone calls their desktop background a screen saver.
Think he meant screen protector ;)

I'll add that one to the basket, cheers. Got any recommendations for a reasonably priced, good quality 3 stop ND filter?
Circular or square/rectangular?

Jesus this place is getting worse, going downhill, yadda yadda. All the moaning and general chit chat about complete nonsense, I feel like I'm watching loose women or some other drivel that's televised during your average weekday. There's more Fuji specific chat on Facebook these days ffs.

Maybe I should go back to Nikon, I'm clearly grumpy enough today [emoji19]

Quite honestly, I am extremely disappointed with the posts here recently. I joined this forum to learn from those more accomplished than me but I am about to walk away shaking my head. For goodness sake, get this back on track - stop the swearing and the petty nit-picking and start talking about photography.

Quite honestly, I am extremely disappointed with the posts here recently. I joined this forum to learn from those more accomplished than me but I am about to walk away shaking my head. For goodness sake, get this back on track - stop the swearing and the petty nit-picking and start talking about photography.

Maybe ask some questions? start a discussion ... why wait on others? The moaning is getting worse than the banter, which is all it ever is. Unless you're talking about the forum as a whole? Because this thread is actually one of the more on topic ones there is. With people posting images daily and actually talking about the Fuji system. Puzzles me where all this negativity hails from tbh

Circular or square/rectangular?

Circular, just something simple for the 35mm 1.4, so I can shoot wide open in daylight.

Last edited:
Maybe ask some questions? start a discussion ... why wait on others? The moaning is getting worse than the banter, which is all it ever is. Unless you're talking about the forum as a whole? Because this thread is actually one of the more on topic ones there is. With people posting images daily and actually talking about the Fuji system. Puzzles me where all this negativity hails from tbh

Circular, just something simple for the 35mm 1.4, so I can shoot wide open in daylight.
My 3 stop filters are square, but I do have a zomei 10stop circular and am happy with that so if I wanted a 3stop circular I'd probably go for zomei, or maybe B&W.

Right then here goes, just bought a EF-42 flash, what wireless triggers will work on a X-T1, X-E2 and X-Pro2 please.

Know a Canon off camera cord will do the job, but prefer triggers if possible, thanking you

My 3 stop filters are square, but I do have a zomei 10stop circular and am happy with that so if I wanted a 3stop circular I'd probably go for zomei, or maybe B&W.

Thanks will look them up. I read somewhere that 3 stop was sufficient for a 1.4, it'll drop the light to an F4 equiv but maintain that shallow DOF. Could be useful for prolonging medium - long exposures too.

Right then here goes, just bought a EF-42 flash, what wireless triggers will work on a X-T1, X-E2 and X-Pro2 please.

Know a Canon off camera cord will do the job, but prefer triggers if possible, thanking you
Not exactly the answer you want but my Nissin i40 flash works with a cord but not in TTL.
I use the 603 triggers you were looking at earlier but they too only work on manual mode.
I normally use my old Canon flashes and they work well but only in manual.

I have an SRB round filter. Not used it much, but it seems fairly neutral.

The SRB 3 stop is fairly neutral but their 10 stopper isn't

Thanks will look them up. I read somewhere that 3 stop was sufficient for a 1.4, it'll drop the light to an F4 equiv but maintain that shallow DOF. Could be useful for prolonging medium - long exposures too.

Depends on budget, but I would go:-

Low cost, SRB
Medium Cost Hoya ProND
High Cost (imo best) B+W or Hitech Firecrest

All available in screw in, but not sure if Hitech range goes small enough for 35mmf1.4. You can if course use step ring adjusters for larger size so getting a 62mm might be good idea as this will work with 35mm with step ring, and on 23,56 and 90 without adjustment. But with a step ring the hood won't fit

3 stop should be ample, although I'd just use the electronic shutter unless you're taking something where rolling shutter may be an issue (or you're wanting longer exposure of course ;))

Last edited:
I'm not happy with my SRB filters (hence santa bringing me hitech ones) as even with my 3 stop nd grad there's marked colour cast, noticeably more than my zomei 10 stop.

3 stop should be ample, although I'd just use the electronic shutter unless you're taking something where riling shutter may be an issue (or you're wanting longer exposure of course ;))

I had a Hoya filter in the past and it was grand. So I'll have a look see what they got. The electronic shutter can cause some weird effect I'm told? I haven't really used it yet, the odd shot that shot up past the 1/4000. The filter would be handy for video also, and some long exposures.

[Edit] found a Zomei 52mm fader on amazon that'll do the trick. Thanks lads.

Last edited:
I had a Hoya filter in the past and it was grand. So I'll have a look see what they got. The electronic shutter can cause some weird effect I'm told? I haven't really used it yet, the odd shot that shot up past the 1/4000. The filter would be handy for video also, and some long exposures.
That weird effect would be the rolling shutter I mentioned ;) As I understand it the 'shutter' wipes across the sensor exposing each lines of photo sites as it does. So whilst each individual pixel is only exposed by 1/8000 or 1/32000 etc the total time it takes for this process is circa 1/60 IIRC and so if you take anything fast moving or you have severe camera shake you can introduce movement. Likewise if you take a shot whilst walking (as in street photography) you can get a weird leaning jelly like effect of the image. Basically it's like a stills version of the rolling shutter you can get with video.

Back