The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Which comment?
Last I saw Nod said that a protractor was never sharp when he was at school. Then a pair of dividers came along or was it a compass that got mentioned.
Then bye bye Nuzik. He really does seem to have a short fuse (says an expert in that field!)

This thread come alive the past few mins lol

He be back don't you worry guys....

It was the protractor comment he got banned for.
He's an artist darling - the forum doesn't ban for self expression does it?

Is there somewhere to see the banning reason? I clicked his profile and can't tell. I don't see anything he's done on this thread, I wouldn't. Would appreciate official clarification so I don't make the same mistake(s).

Haha and to think of all my years in forums only ever ban. I dont even care about Fuji.

Now aside from my own personal self troubles with keeping my big mouth shut. I'm still struggling with people and the 56mm lens it's soft as hell at focusing now I get sometimes I'm not the best but hell something ain't feeling right or im expecting too much.

I'm just transferring files to the pc to have a look but I'm not sure what the hell is going on.

As recently as Nov 12th. Poor boy. Just doesn't seem to learn.

What he said was purely in jest, nothing angsty about it, calm down llamas :D They just don't like bad language. He'll be back in a day or 2.

What he said was purely in jest, nothing angsty about it, calm down llamas :D They just don't like bad language. He'll be back in a day or 2.
3 days ban ;)

3 days ban ;)

Because of his previous most likely. I was banned that day too, that was just a 1 day. On page 633, the edited post says "have a day off" though

My XT-1 grip came today, bought from Alan Cogwyn in classified's for a great price. Pretty nice bit of gear, I'll leave it on for a bit and see how I feel about it. I think it'll be handy for longer MF lenses. Just for extra sturdiness. Better battery life is always nice too.

Last edited:
Ooooh, I didn't know naughty language gets you banned for a few days.

Minnnt, who said you could come in here, you m..........

Lest it only a couple of days I was banned longer lol

Worse than the last one? :eek:

Guys, this is a public forum and a photography forum at that - there is no need to use what some might consider offensive language - it is all about respect and consideration for others. I spent over 30 years in the oil industry and am well versed in Industrial English (you wouldn't be able to survive without it) but to be honest I wouldn't use it here. It's not a Lads Night Out. I really value some of the info I've gained from belonging to this forum but even I'm getting fed up with the Lad's Banter - it just doesn't add anything. This place isn't for me anymore.

Guys, this is a public forum and a photography forum at that - there is no need to use what some might consider offensive language - it is all about respect and consideration for others. I spent over 30 years in the oil industry and am well versed in Industrial English (you wouldn't be able to survive without it) but to be honest I wouldn't use it here. It's not a Lads Night Out. I really value some of the info I've gained from belonging to this forum but even I'm getting fed up with the Lad's Banter - it just doesn't add anything. This place isn't for me anymore.

And you can't just ignore this banter? which is all it is! and concentrate on the on topic posts? It's not hard. Yes, the off topic stuff gets tiring, I agree, sometimes I wonder why some don't just use pms, as they seem to know one another in person outside of here. But it is easy to ignore what you're not interested in. I can't believe anyone would genuinely be offended here.

Very well said. I'm all for having a laugh but there's a time and place. The amount of dross one has to wade through to find anything worth reading is getting ridiculous. I particularly feel sorry for anyone new to the forum.

Post some images, create some discussion then lads ... I think people meander off topic because many here have probably discussed just about everything Fuji related in depth already. It's ok to say you don't like the flow of conversation so long as you're involved and actually keeping it back on topic. But there is complaining just for the sake of it IMO

Let's try on topic then? What are you planning to shoot today? Ordered anything nice for yourself for Christmas?

I ordered a couple of macro rings last night. Have pondered on a macro lens for a bit, but decided to go the cheap route for now. With the 35 1.4 I should get some decent results. The rings maintain AF also, though I would mostly shoot any type of macro full manual. Also looking forward to my 3rd manual focus lens for the Fuji. I think that's a fun side hobby in itself, looking up old legacy lenses and taking a chance on a couple. Wake up your true skills and try some manual shooting

Last edited:
I agree with all of this. I work in a construction / maintenance environment and use and hear colourful daily.

For me, the useful or interesting posts within this thread vs are now becoming outnumbered by the general 'banter' posts and it is getting harder to keep up or filter out the dross.

It won't put me off completely, but will admit it's no longer the first thread I check when I'm on the forum.

This thread = useful information, photo posting and Fuji related chat.
Off topic = banter and general nonsense chat.

Yours

The Grinch [emoji87] [emoji51]

Very well said. I'm all for having a laugh but there's a time and place. The amount of dross one has to wade through to find anything worth reading is getting ridiculous. I particularly feel sorry for anyone new to the forum.

Hear, hear!

Post some images, create some discussion then lads ... I think people meander off topic because many here have probably discussed just about everything Fuji related in depth already. It's ok to say you don't like the flow of conversation so long as you're involved and actually keeping it back on topic. But there is complaining just for the sake of it IMO

Let's try on topic then? What are you planning to shoot today? Ordered anything nice for yourself for Christmas?

I ordered a couple of macro rings last night. Have pondered on a macro lens for a bit, but decided to go the cheap route for now. With the 35 1.4 I should get some decent results. The rings maintain AF also, though I would mostly shoot any type of macro full manual. Also looking forward to my 3rd manual focus lens for the Fuji. I think that's a fun side hobby in itself, looking up old legacy lenses and taking a chance on a couple. Wake up your true skills and try some manual shooting

That's pretty much all I've done since I joined this thread.

In answer to your question, depending on the weather I might go and shoot some seascapes this afternoon :) I bought some Lee Filters last week and haven't used them at all yet, so today may be a good opportunity.

Back