The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Same here, I studied fine art and then graphic design before I got into photography more seriously and I genuinely think it helps massively, either consciously or subconsciously, when composing pictures. Good that that hideously expensive degree counts for something, because I certainly don't use it in my day job!
I got into photography seriously once and found out that being serious isn't fun so now I take all photos light heartedly....

Took this impromptu pic of my nephew during a Taxi ride to Winter Wonderland. The light coming into the taxi illuminated his face and I just managed to capture it before it disappeared again. Quite happy with how it turned out.

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Took this impromptu pic of my nephew during a Taxi ride to Winter Wonderland. The light coming into the taxi illuminated his face and I just managed to capture it before it disappeared again. Quite happy with how it turned out.

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr
Classy shot Toby! People will wonder how you rigged up a safety belt in the studio :)

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Who need a studio when you can use "Taxi" lighting ?

Astonishingly well balanced lighting. in an uncontrolled situation.... very well done.

Last edited:

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr
thats good that dude looks like a studio pic.

The only Taxis i see these days are fake ones...... i digress

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr

I'm amazed that was taken in the back of a taxi, on the move. It's more like a light box shoot. Excellent work.

Was this taken with your 35mm and SOC?

Last edited:

DSCF6449
by TDG-77, on Flickr

That's a really nice shot Toby, great expression and the light looks pretty good.(y)

George.

I still don't see how it's similar to stabbing my private region with a sharp instrument tbh [emoji53]

Unless things have changed a LOT since my schooldays, a protractor isn't a sharp instrument. A pair of compasses however... (Still don't see the attraction of a DIY PA or ampallang!)

Classy shot Toby! People will wonder how you rigged up a safety belt in the studio :)
Lol, thanks :)

Who need a studio when you can use "Taxi" lighting ?

Astonishingly well balanced lighting. in an uncontrolled situation.... very well done.
Thanks very much.

thats good that dude looks like a studio pic.

The only Taxis i see these days are fake ones...... i digress
Cheers Neil.

I'm amazed that was taken in the back of a taxi, on the move. It's more like a light box shoot. Excellent work.

Was this taken with your 35mm and SOC?
Taken with the 18-55mm and processed in LR adding a filter and brushes to remove distractions from the background.

That's a really nice shot Toby, great expression and the light looks pretty good.(y)

George.
Thanks George.

Last edited:
These are specifically for @snerkler :p
had a little play with the flash, im off to the wedding Saturday and needed to try on the suit and i needed a new website photo for my real business. Anyways feel free to laugh
selfie 3 by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

selfie 2 by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

selfie 1 by Neil Hinder, on Flickr
Arrrrrggggghhhh my eyes, my eyes :LOL:

Pics look nice enough to me and pretty well balanced light on the 2nd 2 (now first 2) My only real critique would be that you need to work on your bushing skills to remove the background as it's patchy (especially the colour one) and you've got a subtle glow around you.

Last edited:
Arrrrrggggghhhh my eyes, my eyes :LOL:

Pics look nice enough to me and pretty well balanced light on the 2nd 2. My only real critique would be that you need to work on your bushing skills to remove the background as it's patchy (especially the colour one) and you've got a subtle glow around you.
haha knew youd like them!

Just been having the same convo with Dan off screen my screen didnt show the issues so i have tried a few things to make them better than they were. s*** back ground and crappy screen hamper ones photos! especially when you dont have huge space and you are almost on it! anyways suit looks good for the wedding :p and the small photos will be fine or the site.

Was out with the 27mm for a few hours yesterday. I don't think i'm feeling the love either. I'm trying not to hold judgement to soon but...

It's not a bad lens, just nothing special either. It's sharp and useful for stealthy shots but I'm more comfortable using a 35.

haha knew youd like them!

Just been having the same convo with Dan off screen my screen didnt show the issues so i have tried a few things to make them better than they were. s*** back ground and crappy screen hamper ones photos! especially when you dont have huge space and you are almost on it! anyways suit looks good for the wedding :p and the small photos will be fine or the site.
So you can't get shots in focus, you can't pp and you can't even calibrate a screen properly. I'd give up if I were you :sneaky: :p

It's not a bad lens, just nothing special either. It's sharp and useful for stealthy shots but I'm more comfortable using a 35.
Mine doesn't seem as sharp or as much contrast as my 18-55. Maybe that's why mine was so cheap!

Last edited:
I think you lent me the thing to calibrate the screen..... mmm its not helped lol s*** monitor i miss my imac screen
Did I? Is that not Jim's?

Mine doesn't seem as sharp or as much contrast as my 18-55. Maybe that's why mine was so cheap!

Hmm, maybe you got a bad copy, as it was definitely pretty sharp. It's the main pro I gave on it, that and the stealthy size and light weight.

Hmm, maybe you got a bad copy, as it was definitely pretty sharp. It's the main pro I gave on it, that and the stealthy size and light weight.
I've not had much time with it annoying. I may return it but they charge a restock fee of €18 plus shipping costs. Might be easier to hang onto it for a while to make sure and sell it on eBay or Amazon.

So what's Nuzik done this time?
Will he be back?
Two bans in double quick time might not go well for him.
Oh dear. Looks like he'll never sell his gear!

Will he be back?

Not sure but he is still active on AVForums (classifieds)

Will he be back?
Have I blinked and missed it again?

Really!? Neil got banned for posting selfies? Well he seems like the sort of guy that will see the sense of humour in that. I guess it hurt more than Snerkler's eyes.

I thought he looked rather dashing in his wedding get up.

It was the protractor comment he got banned for.

Really!? Neil got banned for posting selfies? Well he seems like the sort of guy that will see the sense of humour in that. I guess it hurt more than Snerkler's eyes.

I thought he looked rather dashing in his wedding get up.

He's not THAT ugly ... well ... :D

Back