The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice of report Joe - you're still only getting a home point though.

Just watched the Arsenal game on MOTD2 - RVP is a class act and seems to be thriving on being top dog. Two good goals and almost scored an absolute peach.

Looking very good, IF he can stay fit then maybe we can scrape a Europa slot. Injuries have been his bigbear over the years.

That was beyond lame, but I have to feel good for norwich, they deserved some points against manure and didn't get them, so every credit to them to come to anfield and get a result

Wont see the game till MOTD tonight, still lacking goal scorers I see..

That was beyond lame, but I have to feel good for norwich, they deserved some points against manure and didn't get them, so every credit to them to come to anfield and get a result

You really should be a politician Joe :D

You really should be a politician Joe :D

:)

I have a soft spot for norwich, I had dinner at a wedding with David Fox who plays in their midfield during the summer and I think they are a little like the blackpool of last season, they are entertaining and are playing well.

If it had been QPR or SWansea I'd have been well narked! (y)

:)

I have a soft spot for norwich, I had dinner at a wedding with David Fox who plays in their midfield during the summer and I think they are a little like the blackpool of last season, they are entertaining and are playing well.

If it had been QPR or SWansea I'd have been well narked! (y)

Swansea is my 'soft spot' having lived in a house for a few years that backed onto the Vetchfield.

Anyway - I'm off to watch the Derby - I may be grumpy later.

Mwwwwaaahahaaaaa

Sorry, had to do that. 6-1 at home. I can't stop laughing.

At the community shield Rooney said that utd gave city a footballing lesson. I wonder what he thinks about that now? City have given united a football lecture :LOL:

I'm not laughing :crying:

Tis a sad day for Sport.

Liverpool or Arsenal aren't good enough to stop it. I thought United were the only hope but I guess not. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Mwwwwaaahahaaaaa

At the community shield Rooney said that utd gave city a footballing lesson. I wonder what he thinks about that now? City have given united a football lecture :LOL:

Anybody looking at the score would almost think Man City are a rugby team.....:LOL:
Ha ha, best result ever

Mwwwwaaahahaaaaa

Its amazing what money can buy you.

But i agree, utd were outclassed today. :crying:

Well that was a shock result! Sorry, I don't subscribe to the We Hate Man U club.

Right, off to watch the QPR v Chelsea game....

....from behind the sofa! :help:

Should be a belter (y)

I swapped Barton from my FF team so whilst I hope QPR do well......

As an Arsenal fan not bothered about the result but anything that shuts up that smug Mr W.Ker (Gary Neville) is fine with me.

Rather less to say than when they thumped us earlier in the season i notice!

Have to say the result of todays battle means noting really. Remember Liverpool (currently 18 times winners of the League) beating Manchester United (currently 19 times winners of the League) 4:1 at OT not tooo long ago?

Any neutral supporter who really gets excited bout anther teams short term 'humilation' should look at themselves ... support your club, you muppet :D

United won the League AGAIN that season by the way ;)

Have to say the result of todays battle means noting really. Remember Liverpool (currently 18 times winners of the League) beating Manchester United (currently 19 times winners of the League) 4:1 at OT not tooo long ago?

Any neutral supporter who really gets excited bout anther teams short term 'humilation' should look at themselves ... support your club, you muppet :D

I think the BBC commentators are getting most excited about it. The one who's doing the game just now has said "QPR are leading Chelsea 1-0 on the day that Man City beat Man Utd 6-1 at Old Trafford" What's that all about! :thinking:

Sour grapes anyone?:LOL:

Totally agree with it to be honest (unlike Ray 'chelsea-tinted spectacles' Wilkins!).

Clear shirt pull and SWP was through on goal.

A red card for bosimgwa doesn't help my ff score. And drogba gets one too

Simmotino said:
Totally agree with it to be honest (unlike Ray 'chelsea-tinted spectacles' Wilkins!).

Clear shirt pull and SWP was through on goal.

Definitely a foul but not sure about SWP being through on goal though. Don't think Drogba can have any complaints.

Apparently Manchester uniteds ticket help line is 0161 616161

Last edited:
Definitely a foul but not sure about SWP being through on goal though. Don't think Drogba can have any complaints.

With his pace and the angle of approach, no one was close enough to be cover, and the foul was about three yards short of the penalty area, so pretty much a scoring opportunity.

Drogba - definitely not!

I'm not denying that the result has tainted the cider i'm drinking a little :D

Who do you support by the way?

Can't you tell? What supporter would most enjoy seeing man u get smoked? Liverpool of course!

And don't worry I know how poor we have been the last 20 years, but that's what makes every loss man u get so enjoyable! Makes te pain a little easier to bare! Although my personal hatred comes from having my whole wife's family support united and constantly berate me!

Can't you tell? What supporter would most enjoy seeing man u get smoked? Liverpool of course!

Oh, the title contenders with a 'King' as a manager ... but got held to a draw yesterday by a mad dinner lady's part timers, lol!!!!

Apparently #SixAndTheCity is trending on Twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back