The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a clear sending off and the two 'experts' in the studio are talking out of their backsides if they think it was harsh frankly!

Seeing it again, they were already ahead of Terry when it took place, so there was no way in hell that old carthorse was getting across to cover!

News just in - Manchester nhs helplines overrun with calls from united fans who are 6 to their stomachs

Apparently ferguson regrets resting Howard Webb today

:D

They just keep coming in

Last week Evra accused Suarez of Racism. This week the whole United team have accused City of rape.

News just in - Manchester nhs helplines overrun with calls from united fans who are 6 to their stomachs
very good

i'm only entertaining you cos I'm a 25 stonne nun who isn't allowed out you know ... same as your girlfriens probably :love:

only kidding chief

no need to take it so personal (y)

nice picture

Well I'll take any points we can get but there are some worrying signs when you can't score (or even create chances) against 9 men, even if it is Chelsea!

The strange thing is, when they had 11 the clear tactic was to try and stop them passing it our from the back. When they went down to 9, we decided to do some sort of strange zonal marking over the whole pitch, and our passing went to pot.

Best atmosphere for a long time at LR today - nervewrackingly brilliant!

All things considered I don't care - the pride of west london have returned!

Last edited:
The strange thing is, when they had 11 the clear tactic was to try and stop them passing it our from the back. When they went down to 9, we decided to do some sort of strange zonal marking over the whole pitch, and our passing went to pot. Tarrabt had a shocker.

Best atmosphere for a long time at LR today - nervewrackingly brilliant!

All things considered I don't care - the pride of west london have returned!

Taraabt is fast becoming a liability. He doesn't seem to realise that what he did in the Championship last season doesn't work in the Premiership.

I can imagine it was fantastic at Loftus Road today, it's great that the fans are finally getting this after 15 years out, I just hope it's not a short term thing. That said, there appear to be a number of teams who are languishing down at the bottom end of the table and who look unlikely to get much better so I'm still quietly optimistic.

**peeks round the door and wonders if it safe to venture in for a quick celebratory alcopop** :D

Seriously though, I stopped following football with any kind of interest a few years ago now, ironically because money was spoiling the game and pride in wearing the shirt for club and [moreso] country seemed to have vanished.
However, way back when I was a teen, I was season ticket holder at Maine Rd and old habits die very hard so I am normally found sneaking a peek at the results a few times a week, even if I cba following every kick [on and off the pitch]

...and here's the irony, I of course couldn't help a small giggle of delight at todays results against the old enemy. :LOL:

However, as someone that met Sir Alex regularly, albeit in passing [MUFC held their fuel accounts at a petrol station attached to and owned by a certain well know motoring retail/fastfit depot I was manager of] during his early days at OT and was always treated to his glum face and almost non-existant manners in the course of my job, I have never found him an endearing character, but full marks to him today for being gracious in defeat. I fully expected a barrage of complaints about the referee and anything else he could think of, when I arrived home to the news that they had been well and truly stuffed. However, he might want to remind Wayne Rooney that comments such as his post-charity shield ones are best left unsaid, because as a certain K Keegan will confirm, they can so often come back to bite you firmly on the ass! ;)

However, he might want to remind Wayne Rooney that comments such as his post-charity shield ones are best left unsaid, because as a certain K Keegan will confirm, they can so often come back to bite you firmly on the ass! ;)

I thought the same thing when I heard Rooney's comments. You have to be gracious in success as well as defeat. The city boys on match of the day said it right, it is afterall only 3 points. You didn't see them getting carried away with it after the event.

Unlike the rest of us ABU boys :LOL:

Last edited:
It was a clear sending off and the two 'experts' in the studio are talking out of their backsides if they think it was harsh frankly!

Seeing it again, they were already ahead of Terry when it took place, so there was no way in hell that old carthorse was getting across to cover!

Have to agree with the "experts" for the first card, no way that should have been red, SWP was showing signs of Suarez, very soft.

Drogba, however I'd have no complaints for.

I'm just going to flop. It's been a long day.

Last edited:
Can't you tell? What supporter would most enjoy seeing man u get smoked? Liverpool of course!

And don't worry I know how poor we have been the last 20 years, but that's what makes every loss man u get so enjoyable! Makes te pain a little easier to bare! Although my personal hatred comes from having my whole wife's family support united and constantly berate me!

Exactly... :D

While 6-1 looks bad for Utd, it seemed to me one of those games where they were just suicidal for last 10 mins, and while it is a great result for City, I dont think it says that City are far better than Man U.

Enjoyed the Aldershot game tonight. Fresh faces and happy to progress.

Great to beat our bogie team stoke last night, we haven't won at the Britannia for a while,

oh my, just seen the suarez goal. That man has some talent!

Also saw there was another 7 goal game involving city - did united play them again? :LOL:

Last edited:
Thank heveans we have played city once already :LOL:
Yes its a hard game Stoke at home, so our boys did well, Suarez bagged two more, just need a few more goals from someone else.

I'd just like to say, the ref in today's City game,....what a shocker. Completely inconsistent with his decisions.

The ref at Norwich aint a lot of cop either.. The handball was no way it hit him on the back of his arm when he as sandwiched between two players.

I'd just like to say, the ref in today's City game,....what a shocker. Completely inconsistent with his decisions.

You were right there Marcel. We just sat there shaking our heads at some of the silly decisions that he made. The crowd were going nuts at the inconsistency shown. I don't usually have a pop at Refs but this fella was barking mad. Anyway, we managed to get the 3 points eventually. Another cracker from Johnson. Two from him this week. :)

The crowd were going nuts at the inconsistency shown.

I know, I was one of em :D Within spitting distance of one of the linesmen, who looked like he was on work experience and didn't know what his flag was for. Quite a few around us told him in no uncertain terms what they though too :D

PMK said:
Still saying 'Wenger out' by any chance?!

Well, I don't see us getting a top 4 spot with current squad, and doubt he will splash the cash in jan. defensively we have looked poor all season, and it's thanks to Rvp that we are as high as we are. Great win yesterday, but we are behind Liverpool and Spurs as well as Chelsea and both manc clubs.

It's strange that I feel better after today's defeat than I did after last week's win over Chelsea. Yes, our 1st half was poor but the 2nd half was quite encouraging.

As for Spurs, they looked pure quality at times today but that 3rd goal was simply class!

What a game! Never been so pleased with a losing team! :nuts:

If we play like that for the rest of the season, we will stay up, no worries*

*disclaimer: yes, I know we won't play that well every game but hopefully often enough! ;)

Who do you support fabs? QPR?

I think we (City) played rather poorly tonight. We struggled on that pitch. The ball in the first half looked extra bouncy and out of control. Passes were met with open air, or QPR players, we *really* struggled to get up the line past their midfield, and when we did get near the box, the magic that we've been displaying just wasn't happening.

I'm certainly pleased with the win, of course (and annoyed that they got their 2nd equaliser despite being clearly offside).
However, I think tonight's been a bit of an eye opener in City's rather good run lately. I think even though we've been having a great run this game has rattled us a bit.

I expected us to do much better than we did tonight, however, with QPR's good tactics of a strong midfield, coupled with a touchline right next to the fans :LOL: .... we didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

Still, 3 points is 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back