The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I should be a Happy Hammer, but I can't get excited about them. We're hardly creating anything, playing not particularly well yet we're top of the league. Today we played a team in the relegation zone. They were all over us for large parts of the game, and the only way we could score was from the penalty spot, twice.

What does it say about the standard of the rest of the division, when a team that can't seem to score from open play is top?

As the ref missed it and took no action I think Balotelli will be in trouble. First class Chump.

Great game earlier, glad city got an undeserved win to keep the pressure on man u. Just hope that van Persie can get a goal or two back.

Funny how united fans have discarded Howard Webb now Chris Foy has signed a contract..
Balotelli lucky to stay on but we're owed a few decisions from the last few weeks to say the least. Everyone keeps saying they even out over a season don't they?

Well, wenger showing what a class manager he is. Picking rosicky who has been crap for at least 2 years, and then bringing on Asharvin who really is arse, and was at fault for 2nd goal with his half hearted effort.

Well, at least we are only competing with Liverpool and Newcastle for the 3 Europa spots as stoke are probably not good enough to challenge but with wenger in charge we will be lucky to make even that next season.

No doubt he will blame the ref or the floodlights or some rubbish again, instead of accepting that he is to blame for not getting some full backs, and not getting the mids and atts that we need.

Taking RVP out of it, we have the worst att in the prem.

Oh, and he took off chamberlain and put Asharvin on. If that's not insanity what is (and RVP couldn't believe it either).

Well, wenger showing what a class manager he is. Picking rosicky who has been crap for at least 2 years, and then bringing on Asharvin who really is arse, and was at fault for 2nd goal with his half hearted effort.

Well, at least we are only competing with Liverpool and Newcastle for the 3 Europa spots as stoke are probably not good enough to challenge but with wenger in charge we will be lucky to make even that next season.

No doubt he will blame the ref or the floodlights or some rubbish again, instead of accepting that he is to blame for not getting some full backs, and not getting the mids and atts that we need.

Taking RVP out of it, we have the worst att in the prem.

you can have the europa league spot! :LOL:

Thought there were 3 up for grabs? Sunday times has 5,6,7 all shaded so thought they were all Europa?

Oh, and he took off chamberlain and put Asharvin on. If that's not insanity what is (and RVP couldn't believe it either).

RVP's reaction was classic :shrug:

Last edited:
why didn't mancini run up the touchline waving an imaginary card,oh thats right it was one of his players.

Probably the same reason fergie didn't after scholes's foul, handball or kicking the ball away.
If you're a red you should really know better than to throw stones considering what you lot have got away with in the past.
Still, glad to see you commenting on city rather than your game.

Leaving shorty for Cardiff. Nervous. Huge night for the club.

COME ON PALACE!

Am I the only one thinking that Balotelli could be innocent? Granted, I was watching down the pub after a few pints, but I thought he was off balance and contact was accidental?

Am I the only one thinking that Balotelli could be innocent? Granted, I was watching down the pub after a few pints, but I thought he was off balance and contact was accidental?

there were a few off balanced City supporters on the radio saying the same thing yesterday ;)

and why is it that a fan thinks that because he is at a game, he is a better judge of such incidents :shrug:

and why is it that a fan thinks that because he is at a game, he is a better judge of such incidents :shrug:

well, for something that is repeated a lot on the TV, I don't think there is any difference.

But having been at a game where the highlights on mod did not represent at all what happened at the game

The official Court Artist's drawing of the accused

arry.gif

dinners said:
You could well be.

Jolien Lescott should have been banned too.

It wasn't a patch on Rooney's elbow against Wigan (McCarthy I think) early last year though, and he got off scott free from that too.

3 out of 4 managers in the Carling Cup semis are Scottish. Pity we don't have better players, mind! :bang:

It wasn't a patch on Rooney's elbow against Wigan (McCarthy I think) early last year though, and he got off scott free from that too.

Agreed but that doesn't really mean that Lescot's (or anybody's) elbow should be ignored.

well, for something that is repeated a lot on the TV, I don't think there is any difference.

But having been at a game where the highlights on mod did not represent at all what happened at the game

I just mean particular incidents Joe ... like the stamp on Parker. I often hear fans back up their view of such incidents with "I wos at the match..."
I've been to games where the highlights cut a lot of the action too.

I just mean particular incidents Joe ... like the stamp on Parker. I often hear fans back up their view of such incidents with "I wos at the match..."
I've been to games where the highlights cut a lot of the action too.

Yeah, specific events where the tv shows in great detail are void from such comments

If Fabio Capello had a bit of a humorous side to him, this would be his Team for next england game:

James
Richards, TERRY, Ferdinand, Cole Lennon, Huddlestone, Reo-Coker, Walcott Defoe, Welbeck.

New2me - IMO I think the whole "I was at the game" arguement should be outlawed now anyway! I was at the city v Liverpool league game, right in front of the yaya penalty and spent the whole journey home telling anyone who'd listen it was a stonewall penalty.
Then I watched it on telly....

Missed the whole semi final tonight.

I have my Swansea connection so didn't really want Cardiff winning although I suspect the winners of the other semi final will come out on top.

With regards to the other semi final - that's a real tough one for me.

On the one hand I want Liverpool to loose as it's in my blood (and a few years ago it would have been a no brainer) but now, as a genuine football fan, I also have to hope City loose.

Last edited:

I have my Swansea connection so didn't really want Cardiff winning although I suspect the winners of the other semi final will come out on top.

On the one hand I want Liverpool to loose as it's in my blood (and a few years ago it would have been a no brainer) but now, as a genuine football fan, I also have to hope City loose.

It's one of those win/win lose/lose scenarios :)

It's one of those win/win lose/lose scenarios :)

We have to hope there is a mass brawl and they both have 4 players each sent off for violent conduct and it the game ends in a 61-60 penalty shoot out lasting until 23:45 so both teams will be knackered for the weekend.

Joking apart.....with my professionals head on...if I were Craig Bellamy....I would do my best to rile Vincent Company tonight as he cannot afford any more red cards this season and therefore he could be vulnerable about such matters. (this reflects being professional only)

Looking forward to the match though as I am sure it will be a good game and atmosphere.

Feeling gutted today. We were so close. They didn't actually score against us in 210 minutes of football.

That said, we weren't at the races yesterday, I think resting all the players on Saturday had an odd effect, we didnt look fit or sharp.

Going to mope around the house today, and maybe put the 1990 FA Cup semi final vs Liverpool VHS on.

I am CPFC

Well, I would love to get past city today. I think it is the only chance we have of getting anything from this season. One thing is for sure they need to dramatically change their defence for todays game. If they play like they did against bolton then city will score 12 goals.

We're very light on goals in the team right now, so we have to go out there with a stoke like defensive performance and just stop city scoring at all costs. I'm expecting a very ugly performance and quite a dull, tense game. But hopefully grinding out a 0-0 draw

So prediction for Liv v's Man City tonite?
Balotelli I would think wont start as they will probably accept his FA charge and begin the ban now rather than risk an extended ban.
Going on Liverpools form the last few games and this game and the one at the weekend against the red side of Manchester I'm not holding much hope that they will progress tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back