The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair my 3-1 prediction was with 22 men on the pitch, the way this is going it could be a lot more than 3 goals

Well this is a great FA Cup tie spoilt by a bizarre refereeing decision. Funny how these things have a habit of swaying in United's favour! I imagine Liverpool are grateful for the 3 match ban too as I think that will effect at least one of their clashes with city. Again, shocking decision which has ruined what should have been a great game.

Poor decision for the sending off but at least Utd can say they were leading at the time and it may not have made a difference.

Now who will bet against some silly yellow cards in the 2nd half, Welbecks was silly and Nani got one for complaining about his 2nd foul throw of the match.

Any one who says football is not exciting is devoid of any inclination of thrill. (Throw your grey clothes away and buy a rainbow jump suit)

Just put another fiver on Rooney to score next. It's or hat trick written all over it. No doubt from a Scholes pass

Should have bet on a red card for Scholes while you were at it!

Hmmm, put that bet on a bit early, I see a Rooney goal in fergie time at 3-3 making it 4-3

I'm just in from an unexpected trip to the hospital - know nothing other than it's 3:2 just now (eek)

Managed to get my new SKY box set to show me English ITV in time for the last few mins so know nothing other than the score.

Which is nice.

What a brilliant comeback from City. Like my mate's just texted me, soldiers, every single one of em. That was an awesome fight and we almost had it back.

but the bottom line is, they're out of the cup!
Still love Roy Keane :D

Hope the other games today live up to that standard.

I honestly think city were the better team today. Had that decision not left them a man down for 80 minutes of the game I think it would be an entirely different outcome. I have to say, despite wanting city to win, I do enjoy seeing $amir Na$ri perform woefully week in week out :D

It's a shame for united really because the first 2 goals were superb. But all that will be talked about was the poor sending off and city's superb second half display with 10 men. It's not their fault the ref won them the game, who knows what would have happened, united might have won it 3-2 without the sending off.

I was expecting a man u win as predicted but I thought they would have played better. The goal keeper was not convincing at all. But Rooney and well beck played well.

Phil jones had a poor game to be honest.

Who cares

We all know City are the best side (and so they should be) so I'm just happy at the result.

Kind of enjoying the lack of commentary on ITV at the moment :D

new2me said:
Kind of enjoying the lack of commentary on ITV at the moment :D

Haha I hadn't even noticed it missing...what does that say about the standard of commentary these days?

Liverpool V United in the next round

This season just gets crazier !

I seriously can not believe what I'm seeing, hearing and reading with regards to that red card...can someone tell me how that wasn't a red card when the ruling is and I quote

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

"Using excessive force" means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play

Taking what the current laws of the game is, the ref had little choice but to send him off.

Mark 'Sparky' Hughes if what's going around is true

Yep, that's what I'm reading. Not heard anything via any media sources though, just forums. I feel for warnock as he's done great for us but the truth is he just doesn't seem to be able to do it at this level. It's a shame as he has said that QPR would be his last club so it would have been nice for him to go out retiring rather than being sacked.

He phoned me personally :LOL:

Had a feeling he mlight. :D

Yep, that's what I'm reading. Not heard anything via any media sources though, just forums. I feel for warnock as he's done great for us but the truth is he just doesn't seem to be able to do it at this level. It's a shame as he has said that QPR would be his last club so it would have been nice for him to go out retiring rather than being sacked.

Tony Fernandes on his twitter on Sat (maybe Friday) had said that no ones job is safe so not surprised at the timing, allows the new guy (be it Sparky or someone else) time to spend in the transfer window.

Joe, you coming around my house for the next FA cup fixture?

Steve Bruce is back in employ (he has just rented an apartment in the White City area)

I seriously can not believe what I'm seeing, hearing and reading with regards to that red card...can someone tell me how that wasn't a red card when the ruling is and I quote

Taking what the current laws of the game is, the ref had little choice but to send him off.
:rules:

well what do you expect from all the ABU's
i listened to it at work and all the commentators on both radio 5 and talksport said it was a red card.

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

"Using excessive force" means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play

if a ref followed that exact terminology then 1 out of every 4 challenges would result in a red.

in other news 79% of statistics are made up on the spot - but you get my point.

if a ref followed that exact terminology then 1 out of every 4 challenges would result in a red.

in other news 79% of statistics are made up on the spot - but you get my point.

1) it's 88.2% according to Guinness

2) You still haven't told me how that Kompnay's tackle was not a red card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back