The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Joe, it's good that he doesn't have to live by the same rules as us mere mortals, good that thanks to a load of incompetent idiots part of my tax bill has to cover his cheating and the court costs, good to give him the green light to carry on cheating the system.

Think I'll go back to the intelligent side of the forum...

ahhh right, you have some evidence that the rest of us don't then that makes you know he's guilty. Perhaps you should have attended court and given it?

Yes Joe, it's good that he doesn't have to live by the same rules as us mere mortals, good that thanks to a load of incompetent idiots part of my tax bill has to cover his cheating and the court costs, good to give him the green light to carry on cheating the system.

Think I'll go back to the intelligent side of the forum...
#He has been found innocent along with Mandric and Also Mr Storrie way back in October, this is only now reportable.

I am more bothered that to recover tax on a £190k ammount even at the highest tax band would not dent the so called £8million that it has cost to run the case through to the end.

HMRC says 'It accepts the verdict' ............ I bet you do....another 12 months work out of the way for doing bugger all.

I always wonder how people feel they can judge a case when they haven't been present in the court room. Sure, the media reporting has been extensive but all the intricacies of the case remain unknown the the general public.

On a completely unrelated note I've been thoroughly enjoying the Africa cup of nations. Aside from the football itself the general spirit the game is played in is a delight to watch compared to the PL and other top leagues. There's quite a lot of contact in the game but in the main players always seem to try and remain on their feet before stumbling over which then rightly results in a free kick. In the games I've seen so far I haven't seen a single dive!

Looks like a 3 way battle for this years 'outstanding contribution in the field of naivety' award.

Right off to rename my bank account after my dog and watch only fools and horses, sorry, the 6 o'clock news.

pooley said:
Looks like a 3 way battle for this years 'outstanding contribution in the field of naivety' award.

Right off to rename my bank account after my dog and watch only fools and horses, sorry, the 6 o'clock news.

Please don't presume that just because I support the jury's verdict, and so have faith in our justice system, that it is the outcome I wanted or expected based on what I've heard, I'm just not naive enough to believe that the portions of the case that get widely publicised represent the full story. If you are privy to information that confirms his guilt, contrary to the legal findings of an extensive trial, please share them with us and probably your local police service too so that a just outcome can be reached. If, however, you are making presumptions on fragments of the full story I suggest you step back and reconsider your position. :)

Last edited:
On a completely unrelated note I've been thoroughly enjoying the Africa cup of nations. Aside from the football itself the general spirit the game is played in is a delight to watch compared to the PL and other top leagues. There's quite a lot of contact in the game but in the main players always seem to try and remain on their feet before stumbling over which then rightly results in a free kick. In the games I've seen so far I haven't seen a single dive!

Oooh, that'll be you in the bad books now for bringing football into this thread! :bonk:

I've been directly involved in the legal system for a long time now. I know the various tricks of the trade for getting defendants off charges. I listen to people who cannot use words of 3 syllables concoct the most intricate of defences after speaking with their solicitor. A not guilty verdict is very often a million miles away from what has happened.

Harry has clearly played the system, played it well and won. Hats off to him in that respect.

That said - 2 payments to an account that he forgot to mention, one for an amount he believed he was due from a transfer and another a 96K bonus for beating man utd. If your kids told you that load of rubbish after coming in from school you'd send them to bed for lying. It's when people think justice has prevailed I know the worlds gone completely mad.

Peter B said:
Oooh, that'll be you in the bad books now for bringing football into this thread! :bonk:

:LOL: So it seems! Great win for Zambia against Ghana. Definitely didn't see that coming before the game kicked off!

Please don't presume that just because I support the jury's verdict, and so have faith in our justice system, that it is the outcome I wanted or expected based on what I've heard, I'm just not naive enough to believe that the portions of the case that get widely publicised represent the full story. If you are privy to information that confirms his guilt, contrary to the legal findings of an extensive trial, please share them with us and probably your local police service too so that a just outcome can be reached. If, however, you are making presumptions on fragments of the full story I suggest you step back and reconsider your position. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself!

We're obviously not privy to these special titbits that prove his guilt.

So then folks. What about Fabio telling the FA to stuff it and walking out this evening?

Great timing!

From the BBC website:

1944:
FA HEAD OF ELITE DEVELOPMENT GARETH SOUTHGATE

"I would imagine that the likely solution is that Stuart Pearce will be in temporary charge, because he is in the building and with the under 21s. But you have to think for the summer, can you get the person you want for the longer term? Because the leading candidates are with clubs at the minute.

"Harry Redknapp is one of leading candidates. But Tottenham will have something to say about that and Daniel Levy is not going to want Harry to leave without a fight, so there's an awful lot to work out in the next few weeks.

Now I'm sure that Gareth and Stuart are really nice guys, but let's not confuse them with winners as they most certainly aren't as far as management is concerned.

FA HEAD OF ELITE DEVELOPMENT GARETH SOUTHGATE

epppicfailboth.jpg

Well, I had been saying Capello out for a while now, but I am NOT happy. Yes, he should have gone after the WC fiasco, but he stayed.

IMO, the Manager is responsible for picking the team. Terry is not guilty of anything yet and Capello was happy for him to be captain. End of. Instead, the FA (who never seem to make a good decision), over rule him. What next, telling him he can't take Terry, or anyone else???

Hats off to Capello, he stood up for himself.

So, managerless in the build up to the Euros? Well done FA!

Arry in - he'll be in his element with all the players he could pick from. We'll end up getting knocked out 7:5 in the semis but it'll be triffic.

I can't see harry taking the job right now, I think the stuart pearce suggestion above might happen, or harry will take it but be allowed to continue to manage spurs until the end of the season, and do the england job too.

Finally.....

yup, capello out, the terrible manager that has the best win % of any other post war manager - what a loser. I'm sure we'll appoint harry rednapp and all of a sudden go and win the euro's and the world cup :bonk::bonk:

I know plenty of people love a bit of FA bashing, but the real issue in this is why is it taking so long to bring the case to court - if that was dealt with faster The F.A would not have had a decision to make.

In the circumstances, I think the F.A. have handled the situation adequately - as per earlier in the thread I think that if you are taking the captaincy away you also say he cannot be selected. I imagine there may have been some legal issues around that - who knows? With Woodgate and Bowyer neither were dead certs to play - with Terry clearly he was. We'll probably never know.

As for Capello, the situation was clearly awkward for him now, I can see how he went - let's face we're highly unlikely to win or get close to winning the euros, so nothing much for him to lose and a nice payoff no doubt.

Maybe the change will be what we need, new manager syndrome may propel us to great things and few new faces (Kyle Walker please).

Amazing what has happened from the QPR v Chelsea match - Terry facing trial, England Captaincy lost, England Manager gone, more written about it than the Euro crisis, handshake this and that - I've never been prouder to be a QPR fan! :D

Arry in - he'll be in his element with all the players he could pick from. We'll end up getting knocked out 7:5 in the semis but it'll be triffic.

We're all hoping it will be Venables in 96 :clap:, will probably be Taylor in 92 :puke:

joescrivens said:
yup, capello out, the terrible manager that has the best win % of any other post war manager

That's right, amazing what can be done with statistics and pointless friendlies.

Sadly his actual Finals tournament record wasn't quite so good was it?

That's right, amazing what can be done with statistics and pointless friendlies.

Sadly his actual Finals tournament record wasn't quite so good was it?

1 tournament.

Who knows what would have happened this summer.

yup, capello out, the terrible manager that has the best win % of any other post war manager - what a loser. I'm sure we'll appoint harry rednapp and all of a sudden go and win the euro's and the world cup :bonk::bonk:

I can't believe an Italian would desert a sinking ship:naughty::naughty:

Hiddink as an outsider if Levy plays hardball?

A Manchester United fan who hurled racist abuse at a black player has been fined £200 and banned from football matches for three years. Howard Hobson, 57, shouted racist abuse and made monkey noises at Stoke City's Trinidad-born player Kenwyne Jones. Hobson was in the North Stand at Old Trafford for the game against Stoke on January 31 2012

So a fan says something racist and is tried and sentenced within 2 weeks, yet it takes 9 months for a player to get to court (got to keep him free to play)

Let's just admit that players and managers are free to do what ever they like and are exempt from the laws that govern the rest of us.

No, they can just afford better lawyers. ;)

Yea Right

We all know what Terry said, but pound to a penny a jury will find him not guilty. He use a very similar defence to Redknapp

I'm in football - I know David Beckham

Ah! must be innocent

dinners said:
Missed all the footy today so will have to watch later.

All I heard regarding City was lots more empty seats. Hand them a stadium, hand them all the players and they still don't turn up :naughty:

Dear oh dear! I think there were 45000 + there. You can accuse us of a lot of things but being fickle I don't think so :)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back