D500

I got my 16-80mm lens today. :) Took a few pics out the back window, and then did the AF fine tune to see if it was wildly out, but it was either 0 or -1, so nothing to worry about there. :) Compared to the 16-85mm it seemed a bit larger. The lens hood is a larger, and has a square shape to it. It also has a lock button on it, which I haven't seen before. :thinking: Will try to take more pics tomorrow.
Reviews seem pretty positive about this lens, photographylife say it's slightly better than the 24-120mm f4 and I'm very happy with the results with mine.

I got my 16-80mm lens today. :) Took a few pics out the back window, and then did the AF fine tune to see if it was wildly out, but it was either 0 or -1, so nothing to worry about there. :) Compared to the 16-85mm it seemed a bit larger. The lens hood is a larger, and has a square shape to it. It also has a lock button on it, which I haven't seen before. :thinking: Will try to take more pics tomorrow.

Stop that!
Not bought my 500 yet..... ;)

Dead in here these days is everyone out on the p*** up lol

Happy Xmas Eve everyone.. As you can tell I love my family so 2 more from me for today and if this bloody rain gives up I like to try and get out with this new toyr

Merry Christmas :) Dying to get out with mine, had it since Thursday & not tried it yet! Working at Sainsbury's doesn't help this time of year!

Hoping to get out tomorrow as some sunshine forecast.
Has anyone done any long exposure with the d500 using a 10 stop filter, wondered if the eyepiece shutter did its job at stopping any light leakage?

Nice Andy, looks like that lens is a winner. Hope you had a nice Christmas (y)

Thanks Toby. Yup it a lovely belt lens the camera is too [emoji3] I just got stop thinking why I left FF even though I been getting more keepers.

We had a great Xmas hope you did too pal [emoji106]

Thanks Toby. Yup it a lovely belt lens the camera is too [emoji3] I just got stop thinking why I left FF even though I been getting more keepers.

We had a great Xmas hope you did too pal [emoji106]
Yes thanks :)

Reviews seem pretty positive about this lens, photographylife say it's slightly better than the 24-120mm f4 and I'm very happy with the results with mine.

I`ve got the 16-80 on the 7200 and pretty impressed with it tbh,16-80 is a great range-as the 24 to 120 on FF. Seem to have bought a sigma 10-20 3.5 on ebay, I blame the Christmas spirit. Hardly used the 7200 but seems good, don`t think I need the D500 but..

Last edited:
I`ve got the 16-80 on the 7200 and pretty impressed with it tbh,16-80 is a great range-as the 24 to 120 on FF. Seem to have bought a sigma 10-20 3.5 on ebay, I blame the Christmas spirit. Hardly used the 7200 but seems good, don`t think I need the D500 but..
Unless you need more fps, a bit better noise rendition then the d7200 is perfect

How has people got the shutter button set for AF s and AF c pls?

It seems to work well, I have found myself moving the focus point a little bit too easily with the joystick but think I just need to get used to my thumb movement, hence setting the preview button to reset it. Loving the camera though.

Hmmmm, undecided.
Body only is £1337 from Panamoz
or £1729 from Calumet

Calumet will give me 24 months 0% and obviously a proper UK warranty.
Panamoz will mean a big lump of cash out of my pocket......

What would you do ?

I wouldn't pay £400 for 0% finance. Panamoz are ok for warranty issues I believe ?

Hmmmm, undecided.
or £1729 from Calumet

What would you do ?

I bought mine from Panamoz, I'd highly recommend them. I take the chance with warranties. Always used to buy them for electrical appliances but nothing ever went wrong with them, so don't worry about them anymore.

If it breaks, I'll pay to get it repaired (y)

Put the save money towards a new lens :)

Hmmmm, undecided.
or £1729 from Calumet

What would you do ?

Just got mine from Panamoz for £1337 too, ordered Tuesday morning, delivered Thursday morning! Great service and have no qualms about their 3 yr warranty. My o/h, @idigitize also got his a couple of weeks before me from Panamoz (y)

We bought a lens from HDEW once that seemed to have a focus issue and sorting that out was easy enough... I know they're not Panamoz but it's a similar deal with the warranty :)

Ordered a replacement lens cap from Jessops on Dec 17th, still waiting and currently arguing for a refund which they haven't offered yet! So UK buying isn't always the easier option

Hoping to get out tomorrow as some sunshine forecast.
Has anyone done any long exposure with the d500 using a 10 stop filter, wondered if the eyepiece shutter did its job at stopping any light leakage?
I used the 10 Stop filter whilst on holiday here and here. I used the viewfinder shutter, and while I am glad the D500 has it, I can't say I ever had problems without it on the D300S in the past. :)

I used the 10 Stop filter whilst on holiday here and here. I used the viewfinder shutter, and while I am glad the D500 has it, I can't say I ever had problems without it on the D300S in the past. :)

Nice shots!
Yes my d300 was fine without one, the d7100 was unusable without blocking the viewfinder however and I never remember to take the bit of plastic out with me :)

Hmmmm, undecided.
or £1729 from Calumet

What would you do ?

Having similar thoughts as you, as bought recent cameras and lenses from Wex, last being my D810 in April........ But looking at the D500 from Panamoz, you can basically have the 16-80mm kit lens for free or buy the Sigma 18-35mm from Amazon and just the body from Panamoz, compared to UK body prices,...two nice lenses for almost free if you look at it that way, it's a big saving!

Having similar thoughts as you, as bought recent cameras and lenses from Wex, last being my D810 in April........ But looking at the D500 from Panamoz, you can basically have the 16-80mm kit lens for free or buy the Sigma 18-35mm from Amazon and just the body from Panamoz, compared to UK body prices,...two nice lenses for almost free if you look at it that way, it's a big saving!

What you getting yours Simon? Looking forward to seeing your work with it :)

What you getting yours Simon? Looking forward to seeing your work with it :)

Not 100% sure yet Andrew. As you know I need to reduce the weight, so thinking getting the D500 with the 16-80mm f2.8-4 kit lens or the Sigma you've got and then adding the Nikon 300mm PF with the 1.7 TC to get some reach back, as I have been used to 600mm on the D810, plus I use the 1.2 crop mode a lot which gives me a 720mm on FF. .......Panamoz aren't open until January 3rd so don't think I will buy anything before then.

Who says that the D500 files are not good to work with?? I seen a few places but can't remember where.. But I have been messing with things today and though I look at some High ISO since the room was very dull and I mean dull.. I though this picture did pretty well ok I might of miss Focus a bit LOL or she moved either way..

But I will share it...

DSC_0679.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

Looks good to me, what ISO is it? Pretty daughter too, she's got lovely sparkly eyes!

My o/h is off out to the river on KF watch, I'm going to faff at home with some garden birds and see what's about today.
Keeping warm photography LoL

Looks good to me, what ISO is it? Pretty daughter too, she's got lovely sparkly eyes!

My o/h is off out to the river on KF watch, I'm going to faff at home with some garden birds and see what's about today.
Keeping warm photography LoL

Thank you for your lovely comments

It was ISO 8000 I have even got some at 12800 and higher that are deffo keepers..

This camera just keeps on surprising me and I've barely used mine really!

Too much work and not enough days to get out with it. 3 days off after Friday, woopieeeeeee

This camera just keeps on surprising me and I've barely used mine really!

Too much work and not enough days to get out with it. 3 days off after Friday, woopieeeeeee

Yes it such a amazing camera it really is just a shame there not many users on here with it and sharing their work.. I sometime miss the FF factor not too sure why when the images from this camera are coming out nicely and easy to work with in LR

Yes it such a amazing camera it really is just a shame there not many users on here with it and sharing their work.. I sometime miss the FF factor not too sure why when the images from this camera are coming out nicely and easy to work with in LR

Yes, I like the way LR runs with the files.

As soon as I get something to post, I'll be posting. You'll get sick of seeing them haha

Yes, I like the way LR runs with the files.

As soon as I get something to post, I'll be posting. You'll get sick of seeing them haha

Nope not at all I love sharing and seeing other people work it encourage us to use the camera

Andrew,not many people can tell wether a photo has been shot with FF or crop though they may say so,dont believe the hype,y our photos are looking just as good as the d750 ones you took

has

Back