Nikon D750 & D780

I haven't looked for a while but the last time i did i seem to remember they were going for around 210-220? Maybe the fluctuating exchange rate has upped the price some?

I find most thing have increased in price by the time I make up my mind to buy or need it in a hurry. But I am
real pleased I did as to me the images above alone are worth buying it for the memories they hold for me, I have quite a few more.

The 28mm in the classifieds is interesting me.... better focal length than 35mm? Not sure.

Do you just leave it set to near infinity?

Yes thats what I do, its very easy to focus, so easy I just turn the focus ring until it stops then turn it back a bit, can even do it in the dark so it must be easy.

One thing to remember with this lens is to set it at 2.8 on the lens and keep it there, adjust the F number in the camera or else you get an error message and the camera will not fire.

Well she never realised I sold my 70-300 so getting another was an easy option!!!

Pretty sure i have a PM from you saying 'I will send payment when i can get away from the missus'

:whistle:
lol David,i didn't mean I couldn't use my money just she's always finding jobs to do,we actually are separated but still live in same house different bedrooms,i have a lady in Wolves :)so I don't have any woman these days telling me what i can and can't spend,mind you
Im still working at 65(part time) to buy new stuff lol

Here's a moon effort. Didn't have time to go anywhere really exciting so I figured a high vantage point would do. Got some banding on this and the other one on my flickr, no idea why, they both render ok in LR?

21775199461_475e73f0ea_b.jpg

I was lookin at grey market. ;)

Also been looking at the Tok 16-28 f2.8.

Watch out for the tok, mate. I was looking into them, and apparently they have plastic gears which wear out! There`s a fair bit on the flickr group, that was enough to put me off.

I haven't looked for a while but the last time i did i seem to remember they were going for around 210-220? Maybe the fluctuating exchange rate has upped the price some?

Check amazon across Europe. My 14mm Samyang was from amazon France. A good 60 quid less than amazon uk.

Not one of the 'known to be reliable' importers though ;)

The way i looked at it though was that it's a 200 quid manual lens from the same production line as all the others... What can REALLY go wrong? I'd be paying by PayPal/CC anyway so I'd be covered.

Will check Amazon though.

@pmac good question. I set this so the rear screen didn't come on. I've now done something which must have reset it as it now comes on. I might RTFM but I'll probably just wait until some kind soul replies here. :D

Don't you find the weight difference refreshing?

I took it to a wedding (didn't take many pics at all) but it was lovely and light compared to the d800.

The wedding tog had 2 d750's together with a sigma 35 art and a nikkor 85 f1.4.

I noticed how loud the shutter slap was when he was taking pics during speeches - probably why I only took one or two pics! Oh, and the fact that it was a wedding at which I was a guest!!

D750 test 2 - The Beautiful Bride in her Dress by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

The focusing of the D750 is ace.

The wife did ask "why do you need another camera" last night!!

Noticeable!! That's why I didn't take any pics during the speeches. 2 d750's going off together - not for me as a guest!!

Wonder if any guest has ever gone up to the wedding tog and asked them to stop taking photos because the shutters to loud, doubt it.

I checked out the Tamron 24-70 VC at the weekend.... my god its a beast. I had not appreciated the sheer girth of the thing lol! Tried it on the D750 and having just taken the 35mm off the weight was a bit of a shock! Maybe if I had the cash I might have tried it but for now the 35/50 combo is where its at... for now...

I checked out the Tamron 24-70 VC at the weekend.... my god its a beast. I had not appreciated the sheer girth of the thing lol! Tried it on the D750 and having just taken the 35mm off the weight was a bit of a shock! Maybe if I had the cash I might have tried it but for now the 35/50 combo is where its at... for now...

All you had to do was check the filter size ;)

All you had to do was check the filter size ;)

I know... but seeing it actually in the flesh just showed its emense size!

Also looked at the Siggy 35mm Art..... boy it was nice and shiny and nice.....

Anyone used Digital Rev for orders? The siggy is only £100 more than what I paid for the Nikon 35mm f1.8g FX.

I know... but seeing it actually in the flesh just showed its emense size!

Also looked at the Siggy 35mm Art..... boy it was nice and shiny and nice.....

Anyone used Digital Rev for orders? The siggy is only £100 more than what I paid for the Nikon 35mm f1.8g FX.

Loads of people have used DR, they are good to deal with ime, contact them via the forum for a small discount and priority handling. Love my Sigma 35, think its probably the best lens Ive ever owned (of a lot!).

Loads of people have used DR, they are good to deal with ime, contact them via the forum for a small discount and priority handling. Love my Sigma 35, think its probably the best lens Ive ever owned (of a lot!).

I Never even considered it until I saw the price at DR.... I mean.. £100 for a lens that is meant to be of pro quality?

Its either keep the Nikon 35mm and keep the £100 for something else, get the Siggy or get the Tamron 24-70 VC but lose the portability of the primes.

I want to make the right choice whilst I can still send the Nikon back. Has anyone actually had anything bad to say about the Sigma?! I was looking at the Tamron, but the price!!!!

I Never even considered it until I saw the price at DR.... I mean.. £100 for a lens that is meant to be of pro quality?

Its either keep the Nikon 35mm and keep the £100 for something else, get the Siggy or get the Tamron 24-70 VC but lose the portability of the primes.

I want to make the right choice whilst I can still send the Nikon back. Has anyone actually had anything bad to say about the Sigma?! I was looking at the Tamron, but the price!!!!

The Nikon is also a very good lens from what Ive seen, but I prefer f1.4 and I love the way Sigma primes render. If you dont need f1.4 it makes it a more difficult choice. I wouldnt replace my primes with a 2.8 zoom, more likely compliment my setup with it, the zoom at those FLs would only be used for video because of the IS.

I think your biggest factor to decide on is whether you want a prime setup / zoom or can afford both. Then go from there. Theres no point in buying and returning primes if ultimately you need/want a zoom.

Be very careful of falling into the GAS trap, forums like these can make you think you want specific lenses when you dont need them, its just a case of people talking about them and you thinking you need one ;)

Last edited:
Wonder if any guest has ever gone up to the wedding tog and asked them to stop taking photos because the shutters to loud, doubt it.

Agreed but as I was a guest, I didn't want to add to the noise!!

Fair enough as the wedding tog!

I used to love my zooms, ever since my D40 I have used them. But more recently I have been more inclined to pick up my camera and go out and shoot due to the portability and light weight. I actually think it adds a bit more fun and challege.

I guess I don't need f1.4 so its good to come on here, and get wise words from people to help make my decisions!

Overall I think my biggest challenge is being a better photographer. My main subject has always been equestrian for which I still do. But now I want to get in to landcapes, buildings, general life. I live in such a beautiful part of sussex with many things to capture, I just need to prcatice more and get some feedback!

Back