"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

I rang customer services 10 days ago and after giving my name/postcode the lady confirmed I was on the list , bit of a backlog and will be with you in 7/10 days .

Nothing yet .

Julian

I rang customer services 10 days ago and after giving my name/postcode the lady confirmed I was on the list , bit of a backlog and will be with you in 7/10 days .

Nothing yet .

Julian

Save me hunting can you give me the telephone number

Cheers

Its on the claims form 01344 706723 , tell you to contact after 45 days if not received.

Julian

iDynamic

Instructions state it will not kick in in certain conditions, which is frustrating, I can't fathom what those conditions are. The Olympus equivalent remains on in all situations

Phoned them this morning I am around 200th on the list and should be despatched later this week by recorded delivery and should arrive by early next week. Extended warranty will follow in seperate post or even by email

You think it would have been fairly simple to process the warranties via email in under 2 months ?

Julian

You think it would have been fairly simple to process the warranties via email in under 2 months ?

Julian

Yes Julian I would have thought so too, they feed your details onto their system when you send it in surely an automatic Extended Warranty could be sent at once, we would at least know they had received our claim.

Never mind, not long now and I'm loving the camera.

David,

I see that you have a GF1 and a G3. Any chance of a picture of them together to gauge the sizes and a few thoughts on the merits of each?

I have a GF1 and a G1 and although I've taken the GF1 abroad twice this year since I bought the G1 I haven't really used the GF1 much at all and when I have I've not liked the arms reach shooting liking much more the EVF of the G1 so I'm wondering if I sould sell it and the G1 and make do with a G3, assuming it's part way between the two, size wise.

David,

I see that you have a GF1 and a G3. Any chance of a picture of them together to gauge the sizes and a few thoughts on the merits of each?

I have a GF1 and a G1 and although I've taken the GF1 abroad twice this year since I bought the G1 I haven't really used the GF1 much at all and when I have I've not liked the arms reach shooting liking much more the EVF of the G1 so I'm wondering if I sould sell it and the G1 and make do with a G3, assuming it's part way between the two, size wise.

Sorry Alan can't help you with that picture, only got the two cameras and no mobile phone camera ! Just imagine it's less in width than the GF1,I find it very comfortable to hold, why not pop into camera shop and feel it
I was in love with the GF1 and have a EVF for it but rarely use it, bought the G3 when I sold my G1 found it a bit bulky for my old hands and then bought the G3 this I find is super for me, and have the best of both worlds EVF or Screen. Now I love them both but must admit to using the G3 more these days.
So I think at the moment I'll stick with both. Quality of pics is about the same for both cameras.

Thanks for that.

It's interesting that you found the G1 too bulky so I imaging that there is quite a difference going to the G3. I'll see if I can catch a G3 in store but one of the problems of living away from the cities is the lack of opportunity to see and handle stuff, I had to buy the GF1 off the net unseen.

David,

I see that you have a GF1 and a G3. Any chance of a picture of them together

pandada_1_Panasonic-DMC-G3_a3ae3ff08bdec6e89eecd9755febbe4f.jpg

Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G3-vs-GH2-vs-GF1.jpg

HTH.

LR3 from Panasonic received today ( 9 weeks ) , no sign of warranty yet .

Julian

Thanks for the pictures Danny.

I've been comparing my G1 and GF1 and I suppose I'll have to try and find a G3 in the shops and then make my decision.

Just an update, I've been on the phone to Panasonic and they say the extended warranty and gift pack should be sent out in the next few days.

Lovely piccies Grum.

I've been thinking about getting a VF for my (now little used since I got the G1) GF1 as I now find arms length photography a PITA but looking at pictures it looks massive on the camera.

Does anyone have one and if so do you find that it gets snagged / makes getting the camera in and out of bags and pockets awkward?

Lovely pics no not lovely...Gorgeous pics Graham, makes me envious. Wished I could walk about more, but where my car stops is where more or less I have to take the picture. Stopped in a small lay by and passing place on a single track road and this is the pic I found.

Thanks woof woof and oldboy :)

Nice country scene and looks very sharp David. (y) It's a shame you can't get around as much as you used to - there are still some lovely spots you can see from a car though luckily. Much better where you are now in Scotland (I think?).

Last edited:
Thanks woof woof and oldboy :)

Nice country scene and looks very sharp David. (y) It's a shame you can't get around as much as you used to - there are still some lovely spots you can see from a car though luckily. Much better where you are now in Scotland (I think?).

Sure is Graham will get over to the west coast next spring, that should be good.

Lots still to see and photograph though around where I live on the east (A9) north of Inverness.

When you head west try and make sure you drive across Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe, it's absolutely incredible scenery. I reckon lots of good shots are possible from laybys etc as well.

Cashback......
i bought a G3 with 2 lenses + an additional lens last week.

i have applied online for for my cashback and have received a confirmation email that i am eligible for €105.

EURO's.......i have requested a cheque, surely they wont pay in €'s will they.

D in W

When you head west try and make sure you drive across Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe, it's absolutely incredible scenery. I reckon lots of good shots are possible from laybys etc as well.

Sure will do that, have been to Glencoe many years ago, found that a very spooky and creepy place !

oldboy2000 - I'm sure recognise that layby! Between Dornoch and Golspie on the A9?

You'll get lots of great photo opportunities near the car on the West Coast. Wester Ross, Caithness and Sutherland are just fantastic for motoring trips.

Great circular trip from Tain would be Bonar Bridge - Ledmore Junction - Ullapool and back via Dingwall. You'd get to see the fantastic hills in Assynt.

Cheers Des, will do that trip sometime sounds good.

While I was in that lay by the Police Camera Van came and stopped in front of me and opened the rear window and started work checking speeds, and it was still there on my return trip, but he didn't get my pic !!

Has anyone tested the new Panasonic x series 14-45 lens yet on a G3? I've noticed today warehouse express are now selling them, and there's £60 cash back too :)

I had a very brief visit to Croft Circuit this morning to give the GH2 a try at capturing cars on track. While it can do it, it is hard work to get the type of photograph I wanted using the GH2 compared to the Canon equipment I have been using until changing over.

GH2 Does Motorsport by srhphoto, on Flickr

The picture was taken at 1/200s using the GH2 + 100-300 (at 300mm) handheld. I'm quite pleased with it given it was essentially handheld at an equivalent 35mm focal length of 600mm!

Cheers,

Simon.

Has anyone tested the new Panasonic x series 14-45 lens yet on a G3? I've noticed today warehouse express are now selling them, and there's £60 cash back too :)

These were taken today with 14-45 on G3.

And quite a dull day, shot on Auto.....I am very pleased with it , feels just like the old SLR days !

LR3 from Panasonic received today ( 9 weeks ) , no sign of warranty yet .

Julian

Cant understand why Panasonic take so long with LR3. I bought a camera recently ( X1) with free LR3. As soon as I registered the camera with Leica they sent me the licence code and a link to download the programme.
I had LR3 running on my Mac in less than an hour from opening the camera box.

The extended warranty came within a week too.

It can be done....

Allan

Cant understand why Panasonic take so long with LR3. I bought a camera recently ( X1) with free LR3. As soon as I registered the camera with Leica they sent me the licence code and a link to download the programme.
I had LR3 running on my Mac in less than an hour from opening the camera box.

The extended warranty came within a week too.

It can be done....

Allan

I think it's down to quantity - I imagine a lot more Pannies have been sold over the summer than X1s:)

Just waiting for the glut of LR3s to come on the market..........;)

Shot through a telescope? How does that work then?? Great shot by the way!

With this shot I was simply handholding the camera upto the eyepeice of the telescope. I do have an adapter to hold the camera in place (making it much more stable) but it doesn't work with the Oly kits lens so I might have to get a Panasonic kit lens instead.

5 yr warranty came by email today , took 10 weeks .

Julian
I have purchased my GF3 on 30/8 and posted my claim 5 days later. As of today I'm still waiting for my LR3 and 5 year warranty :shake:

After sending numerous e-mails, I have finally received an answer from Panasonic UK on 31/10, stating I would receive my LR3 and 5 year warranty within 7-14 days.

So if you've just received yours, hopefully I'll get mine shortly!

But come on seriously, more than 70 days to send a 5 year warranty by e-mail? :wacky:

Heads up for anyone still waiting for LR3 from Panasonic; the first installments of 'How to take stunning pictures' DVD that comes with it, is being shown on Channel Five tonight at 7:30

Back