Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case I may have miss read about the bracketing.... that does sound like it's sufficient. :)

I would be interested to read that. I think it might mean changing all existing flashes I have to Panny or Oly flashes for the high speed FP sync mode though? I just want a reasonable sync speed for manual flash ala strobist :D

Thread on GF1 flash with some details about external flashes that will do high speed sync:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=35004553

@phinix - no idea but that doesn't sound good. Was the card working ok in other cameras?

Guys, quick one: why my camera asks me to insert the card again, when I didnt even touch it? It happens every 4-5th time I turn the camera on...

Have you tried a different card?

Or go onto Panasonic site and they have have a support number you can ring.

This is the number I think , anyway they will give you number if it is not.

Monday to Thursday 9:00 - 17:30 and Friday 9:30 - 17:30 0844 844 3852

Last edited:
Has anyone here got a 3rd party battery for the GF1? Seems you can get unofficial batteries for 1/5th of the price of an official one.

There are quite a few different bags people have discovered fit the GF1 - depends on your lens choice(s)

I have found the Lowepro LC 1N - which is actually a lens case - fits the GF1 + 20mm perfectly

Skip back a few pages in this thread and you'll see the other options

Cheers, I didn't think to use a lens bag! I have an old Sigma 12-24mm lens bag which the GF1 + pancake fits in very snugly.

Has anyone here got a 3rd party battery for the GF1? Seems you can get unofficial batteries for 1/5th of the price of an official one.

Cheers, I didn't think to use a lens bag! I have an old Sigma 12-24mm lens bag which the GF1 + pancake fits in very snugly.

I bought a Jupio Battery through Amazon and works well.

I got mine yesterday took a couple of weeks, Has anyone had the warranty as i've only had the cheque i assume the rest comes sepratley

Just ordered one from Amazon £15 + carriage..looks good to me .
Did you get your Jimmy Bo 200 and would it have enough room for a GF1 and 14-45? Or would I need the 300?
Allan

Just as taken......yes needs cropping at the bottom

What a lovely lens this is ..

Have you tried a different card?

Or go onto Panasonic site and they have have a support number you can ring.

This is the number I think , anyway they will give you number if it is not.

Monday to Thursday 9:00 - 17:30 and Friday 9:30 - 17:30 0844 844 3852

Cheers oldboy, I just bought new Panasonic card, the one I used was old, so maybe new one will be fine. Tomorrow will go out to make some photos so will post some later.
For now I can say I see jpgs are not that great from just point and shoot. That iA options doesnt give nice jpgs in low light condition, but overall it is a great camera, it is so amazing how small it is. I cannot get used to it how small:)
Looks like RAW is perfect, then I just need to work a bit on it in lightroom.

Cheers oldboy, I just bought new Panasonic card, the one I used was old, so maybe new one will be fine. Tomorrow will go out to make some photos so will post some later.
For now I can say I see jpgs are not that great from just point and shoot. That iA options doesnt give nice jpgs in low light condition, but overall it is a great camera, it is so amazing how small it is. I cannot get used to it how small:)
Looks like RAW is perfect, then I just need to work a bit on it in lightroom.

The 20mm Pancake Lens is the one in low light , it is unbelievable

went to the tropical bird gardens in Desford Leicestershire today & got a good few shots...here's a couple taken mostly with the 45-200mm & processed in CS4...no cropping at all in any of these shots ...great little camera
4507936453_f86039ae6d_o.jpg

4508576020_5a2cfc8b22_o.jpg

4508576502_2ee938b62d_o.jpg

4507936903_516bb755ef_o.jpg

4508576920_499f245e12_o.jpg

4508577160_2bb0d98e64_o.jpg

Last edited:
WOW.....They are great pictures, Yes this GF1 is in deed a super camera, I just love it and hoping to get about more and get some more pics.

Any more of the Birds for us to look at.(y)

thanks oldboy i will post a few more tomorrow

Loving the bird pics britco (y)

here's a few more from today...nice to see the sun for a change
4509223430_008ee1b937_o.jpg

4509223686_fe20b078c3_o.jpg

4508584331_c8f0f778ef_o.jpg

4509224056_58aaee6dc3_o.jpg

4508584751_3a4bc50307_o.jpg

This is brilliant camera guys, I mean it! I spent entire day in Drummond Safari Park today and had about 300 photos taken, plus about 20 minutes of movies:)
This 14-45 lens is really sharp in good light condition. It was bright sunny day and all photos are great. I used cir-polariser filter for all photos and they all look amazing. Battery is charging so I cannot upload photos and show you, but tomorrow morning we are going to seaside, so will make more photos and upload them and show here some.

This camera literaly pushes me to use different options, configurations, somehting that I never done with previous dslr, just always used auto mode. Now, I played with it today and have to say it is so much better to use manula settings in some moments. For example, photos of running child - for some reason camera cannot handle those in auto mode, all photos were blurry, with auto iso shutter was always set to pretty long time, 1/30 or 1/50. Apertury was 3.5, full wide, iso 100, very sunny day and camera was still setting shutter to 1/50. So shutter priority setting came with help and changed results entirely:) 1/1000 and I could shoot jet flying next to me:) I'm just an amateur, so please be understanding:)
I found one odd issue - movie mode. For some reason from 20 movies I recorded, 3 cannot be played. They just start and stop, no picture, no sound, nothing. 300-400MB files, so there was something recorded, right? Did you guys find similar problem with this camera? What could be the reason? I dont want to loose movies in the future...:(

Those bird shots are really very nice indeed. Going to have to get the 45-200 at some point.

Must get mine out of the bag and use it !

14 - 45 mm seems to be the flavour of the month at the moment.....well I suppose its the latest purchase.

Thanks - weather is lovely at the moment so got to make the most of it. I'm going to wear out the shutter on this thing soon!

Got up early this morning...

P1100078Panorama.jpg

P1100042Panorama.jpg

P1100053_5_7.jpg

P1100048_50_52.jpg

Last edited:
fantastic set of pictures, the last one really stands out for me. the exposure seems to be spot on, is there much processing involved in the final image?

Thanks - the last one is a HDR image. Done from three RAW files I think at -1 1/3 to +1 1/3 - done in photomatix.

First two are stitched panos.

thanks. i really like it, its nice to see hdr which isn't totally o.t.t.

Well was in the camera shop today and picked one up to see what all the fuss was about. Fifteen minutes later I'd bought one! From what I've used of it so far it looks bloody great!

Well was in the camera shop today and picked one up to see what all the fuss was about. Fifteen minutes later I'd bought one! From what I've used of it so far it looks bloody great!

Welcome to the Clan (y)

Another wonderful set from you again graham!

I may actually be selling my GF1 stuff and going back to a conventional DSLR for various reasons so it may be up for sale soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back