Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear your news will drugs help you at all?

Anyway lovely pics especially the Daffs one...

Looking forward to seeing you on here more mate with your pics...

Sorry to hear your news will drugs help you at all?

wont cure it, but will help to manage the pain.

Anyway lovely pics especially the Daffs one...

Looking forward to seeing you on here more mate with your pics...

The daffs one has taken me about 2 years or more to get that shot.

Having seen it now ive processed it, given me a bit more incentive to carry on.

Have to say, I am back in love with the GF1. Went out for a stroll the other night and reminded myself that this really could be the ideal camera. I do harp on about the geometry, but look at the lines in shot 2.

4558233609_a3b79cdce8.jpg

4558231617_107bd7e059.jpg

4558857320_196909415e.jpg

4558223771_7342c51cee.jpg

4558850770_600c79f3e9.jpg

4558219073_b50f72ff3a.jpg

Last edited:
superb set of pictures. i especially like the chaos in the 3rd picture...

superb, cant wait for the weekend to get out with it. All I need now is some nice weather!

Another pic....

Wowsers !

Just a heads-up, I read over at dpreview that these wide-angle converters could cause damage to the lens due to the focusing mechanism, I've lost the link now but I'm sure it will show up on google.

I did wonder as the whole adapter is screwed into the moving part of the front of the lens and did seem a little wobbly!

Picked up a 14-45 on the For Sale section (Thanks Scraggs), just giving it a run around in the garden.

_1000381.jpg

Paddy our youngest Border Terrorist !

Cheers

Jas

Looks a great Dawg and a very nice pic of him, bit of a poser I think !

Bet your pleased with your new lens.

Well I've only gone and done it - bought a G1 as a second body.

£375 from Curry's with the 6MAY voucher, plus £50 cashback, plus hopefully 3% Quidco.

If I can sell the 14-45 for £150-£160 then I'll have a brand new G1 body for around £150 - cheaper than the EVF at most places.

So there will be a brand new 14-45 up for sale soon if anyone's interested.

Good thinking Batman !

Be interested in the results, although don't think I'll change my GF1

Yeah I'm definitely going to keep the GF1 cos I want to start doing some more video stuff - and it's just so damn small and sexy. :)

GF1 for general carrying around everywhere with me - G1 for dedicated photography trips with bigger lenses etc. That's the plan anyway.

edit: Might as well post a pic eh

p1110589.jpg

And a bit of macro with the 45-200mm and Raynox DCR 250.

p1110491q.jpg

Last edited:
My GF1 caught a dust bunny, visible at f4 in the clouds in a shot with lots of sky.

When testing and cleaning my DSLR I take an out of focus shot of a white door at minimum aperture at 150/sec with flash but with those settings on my GF1 I couldn't get a nice grey shot even with the flash turned down to -2. I managed though.

I was surprised as I've never had the lens off and I wouldn't expect anything to be visible at f4 unless it was the size of a small car.

A good squirt with a Rocket sorted it.

What you like Grum? ;) nice pics btw.

Ta - yours is nice too.

I think I have a bit of a problem. :wacky:

I came into some money - which means I could probably afford to buy a fancy full frame DSLR and some nice lenses. But I am being sensible and not doing that and buying a few cheaper bits instead - that's what I'm telling myself anyway. :LOL:

Anyone have any experience of a good external flash to use with the G1/GF1? :)

Here are two versions of a Pic i took while fishing at the weekend.

4574653855_b5c1aaa123.jpg
4574565859_5bac0fd2e0.jpg

Great little camera for slugging around :D

It may just reflect the fact that they G2 and G10 are coming out. I don't think there is going to be a GF2 all that soon.

I've read the blurb and I still don't really get what the G2 and G10 are - they both do video but one only does motion jpeg? Is one a successor to the GH1?

Im just wondering how long it takes for the 50 quid cheque to come from the cashback deal? I have recieved the warranty but nowt else....

I had a gap of about a week or maybe more between cheque and warranty. Although i got my cheque 1st but i think diff departments Process.

nice, which scarecrow festival is this? aldwinkle?

I got it today - it took around 4 weeks.

I got my 0.45x wide adapter yesterday so thanks bl0at3r.

My 0.42x is noticably wider, which surprised me, but this new one is a solid little thing and doesn't cut the corners off like my 0.42x so I'm very happy with it. One nice touch is that the macro lens of the 0.45x is detachable and can be used by itself.

On the GF1 I can depress the thumb wheel and this acts as a zoom which helps me get exact focus. I have tried looking for the same setting on the G1 but cant find out how to activate this. Is this feature on the G1 or is this something which is just on the GF1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back