Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
richie I don't think it does it on the G1 - might be wrong though.

I think you are probably right, I have made the same post on several forums and will let you know if any different. I think I will use my G1 for native lenses and the GF1 for video and mf. What plans have you got for yours?

Pretty much the same - the GF1 will be used for my 'take everywhere camera' and for video - def going to use it for mountain biking/snowboarding etc

Also for most gig/party photography for which I use quite a few MF primes etc

G1 feels much better suited to the 45-200mm and when I go out on specific photography outings with more kit.

Still keeping it real with the GF1 for now :)

P1110800.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks yeah, knew about that one. Also if you switch on AF and MF in the menu - if you half press the shutter to AF, then hold it while adjusting the MF dial on the lens, it will do the MF zoom.

Just got a Canon FD 1.4

Mmmm... creamy bokeh :)

P1110835.jpg

ISO 500

P1110848.jpg

ISO 1250 in a very dark room

Last edited:
Nice one oldboy - first one's great - maybe better if those people weren't in the way. :)

Did you just email me btw? Bit confused!

Was me that mailed you....

Yes agreed about the people, I tried and as fast they moved somebody else turned up, and I was was freezing in the cold wind so took the pic an moved on.

anyone know why that forum closed?
maybe they will create a new one to cover future gf series cameras?
if not... i might. :)

Unfortunately, it was alot more work than I envisaged, not to mention cost - the more visitors the higher the bandwidth the site uses. Nearly every day there was between 5 & 10 new users signing up and most of those were purely to post spam on the site. :bang:

There are plenty of other forums which cater for the GF1, G1 & M4/3 cameras if you do a Google.

Thanks for all the support in the short while it was running - I will leave it there for reference as there is a lot of useful information.

Just got my cashback cheque within 2 weeks of posting it! No sign of the warranty yet though.

Just did it, can't say I notice any difference. It still works with my 3rd party battery from 7dayshop too.

Just did it, can't say I notice any difference. It still works with my 3rd party battery from 7dayshop too.

Done nothing with Firmware update, and my new G1 ran ok on a copy battery while I was charging the new one.

Very nice flower shot Robb - never thought of using HDR for stuff like that.

Portrait with the 50mm 1.4

P1110937.jpg

No offence, but to me he does resemble Victor Meldrew :LOL:

I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back