Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are mine:

doublefacepalm.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

well after having the gf1 for a few months I have finally got round to ordering a 20mm!

Thanks Andy. something to think about. those old lenses look great dont they.

Hi,

Has anyone used an LCD hood/shade on the GF1?, looking on ebay there seems to be two types, ones that attach to the hot shoe, and ones that stick on.

I'm not sure which to get, also I have a GGS screen protector on, I don't know if that will be an issue or not.

I want to have a go at using my GF1 with my nikon lenses and think a hood might be handy for aiding manual focus in sunlight.

Any thoughts appreciated

Out for a walk last night as it was such a nice evening.

iPhone has jumped in usefullness, IOS4 installed and iBooks along with it.
You can read pdf files and the GF1 instruction manual is in pdf format, so i now have a copy of the manual with me at all times.

and another from the Konica 40mm

I'm really keen to pick up a G series, I look at the pictures posted on here, look at the size of the G1 and GF1 and all of a sudden photography seems alive and fun again! Carrying my D90 kit is really starting to feel like a burden!

After a short holiday to Dorset to visit family Ginger the flying piggy returned for another photo session!:LOL::nuts:

Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8 again...

I tell ya something........Now I have the Gf1 back I really do see what a superb camera this is. It may not be the best for image quality (certainly better than most!) and it may feel like a small brick to hold but it is such a joy to use! I have fallen in love all over again :love: It is a modern day rangefinder with heaps of character and very suitable for my kind of photography.

Joy Oh Joy :D

Good to hear Andrew. Well.. if we could afford the best we'd all be millionaires ;)

I just got my 'Ever Ready' leather case in, fits well, even with a clear glass protective filter on my 20mm. Two 'covers' are included - one encases the entire back and front so that the case is closed, the other is just to cover the entire back. There's a screw fitting to fasten the bottom/side cover to the camera's tripod 'socket' and the screw fitting itself can be attached to a tripod.

That piggy's arms look like.......!!!!! :nono: :D

You kids - I don't know.... :D

Got my Canon FD 50mm 3.5 macro finally. I reckon it's the best macro option I've tried and really good for the £40 or so it cost me.

Just a couple of quick snaps with the built in flash:

4729574671_374ebe9070_b.jpg

4729575281_63661c9948_b.jpg

4730222546_7f056e722a_b.jpg

4730257426_9b79d2b726_z.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers neenee - I have to say I'm really impressed with it. Have also used a Raynox DCR 250 and extension tubes with a Konica Hexanon - this seems nicer and I think I have more DOF to play with.

One more quickie...

4729859465_be311412de_b.jpg

Very good detail on that one. I have a +4, a +2 and a +1 filter but have not been able to do that much with it yet :)

Grum

Are any of your shots hand held? They always look spot on without a hint of shake or camera blur!

All those macros are hand held - I think it must just be because I'm amazing ;)

There's usually a fair few I have to ditch for being OOF though. I also use flash on macro shots which helps I think.

Just had a go at another bird - a blackbird fledgling - difficult, as it preferred to hide:

Last edited:
WOW! Thats pretty crisp! Nice colours too. Which lens did you use?

Hm.. Tempting, but I do not understand exactly what it would offer over the 20mm I have, so I will stick with that.

but if we have a 20 1.7 then we already have a 40mm equiv. so isnt a 50mm a bit of overkill,?

but if we have a 20 1.7 then we already have a 40mm equiv. so isnt a 50mm a bit of overkill,?

Depends on what you're shooting. Why do people but 30mm, 500mm lenses. If you have a need for 100mm equiv then a 50mm is ideal on the gf1 and you also get the benefit of large apertures. I think the largest aperture i have seen on a 100mm lens is f2.8 and toy can get a 50mm f1.1 or 1.2 plus the Konica lens os £25 compared to £350+ for a 100m AF lens.

I am stupid, Andy!!! I was forgetting that the crop factor is in camera.. so its a 100mm lens equiv!!

Of course there is a point. nice to have a 100mm 1.7 :)

i know you have to manual focus but does the aperture control work with an adapter.. ie, can you use all the apertures the lenses are capable of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back