Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point of IR?
For me its another angle for shooting stuff.
You get to shoot in the mid-day sun when light is crap for anything else and it looks pretty(subjective point i know, but i like the look). ;)

My filter arrived today - thanks for the tip Robb, hope it is sunny this weekend (y)

2 from my trip to Birmingham today

4754740357_da0683df31_z.jpg

4755382258_8a188389de_z.jpg

Impressive knob you have there!!!! :LOL:

Hi guys, been a while since I last visited TP and had a wonder through the GF1 thread :)

I'm still snapping away with the 20mm and think it's time to expand my bag... any suggestions, what are other people using?

I mainly shoot street stuff but want to get involved with other areas to challenge myself.

Open to all suggestions...

I'd say the next best lens seems to be the 14-45, closely followed by the 45-200

I've not seen many people with the 14-140 or the 7-14 but that may be due to the cost, they seem very expensive!

Funnily enough I'm in the exact same situation. I've been using my GF1 for some time and just love the images it takes.

However I want some more flexibility so I can be creative.

I've been looking at the dedicated lenses:

Panasonic 45-200mm to give me some more reach
Panasonic 45mm for portraits and macro work
Panasonic 7-14mm for landscapes

But this is a pricey lens list at almost £1800 so I'm also looking at what else is out there in terms of the adapters.

Not decided yet... decisions, decisions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough I'm in the exact same situation. I've been using my GF1 for some time and just love the images it takes.

However I want some more flexibility so I can be creative.

I've been looking at the dedicated lenses:

Panasonic 45-200mm to give me some more reach
Panasonic 45mm for portraits and macro work
Panasonic 7-14mm for landscapes

But this is a pricey lens list at almost £1800 so I'm also looking at what else is out there in terms of the adapters.

Not decided yet... decisions, decisions!

I find it a little frustrating that the M4/3 lenses are so expensive - I know it's a new system etc, but you could get a Canon DSLR and a couple of reasonable lenses for half that !!

And I'm keeping my GF1 and 550d.....

what are we talking about? :thinking:

:LOL:

Hey Alan, you could always sell your MX5!!!!

And I'm keeping my GF1 and 550d.....

what are we talking about? :thinking:

:LOL:

Hey Alan, you could always sell your MX5!!!!

It was regarding the price of the m4/3 lenses and how for less money you can have a dslr and several lenses in addition to the gf1

Which is what a couple of us are clearly doing (y)

Oh and when I say sell 'everything' that includes the mx5, games consoles and camera stuff :bonk:

Last edited:
For those wondering which lens to get next, I can tell you they are all pretty good but the best is the 7-14 (it should be at the price). Here's a selction taken with my lens line up:

7-14mm
P1040236.jpg

14-45mm
P1040095.jpg

20mm
P1030607.jpg

45-200mm
P1030791.jpg

Alan, If you do fancy selling the MX5 i'll give you £50 for it. I mean let's face it, who wants a drop top car in this weather eh???:LOL::LOL:

Over the last few days it has been far too hot and sunny to have the roof down anyway!!!

Best time to sell (y)

£50 it is then. Please deliver and i'll give you 25p for the bus home!

(y)

You softie!

My MX5 roof is down all the time these days. I drive it in the dark with the top down too and in slight rain as (as you know) you don't get wet if you're going 25mph+ unless you stop at a junction or traffic lights and even then it shouldn't be a problem as if you were walking you'd get wet too.

GET THE TOP DOWN!

You softie!

My MX5 roof is down all the time these days. I drive it in the dark with the top down too and in slight rain as (as you know) you don't get wet if you're going 25mph+ unless you stop at a junction or traffic lights and even then it shouldn't be a problem as if you were walking you'd get wet too.

GET THE TOP DOWN!

I hate full sun on my head- gives me headache, but thoroughly enjoy early mornings or later in the evening and you're right at night with the top down is superb

Those shots are great... specially the first one! Its the lens I really want (9-18mm) but what a price!! :O

What other options are there? I have a sigma 10-20mm for canon, I guess I could get an adapter? Would that be a reasonable option?

I bought a G1 with a 14-45 for £350 which was a great deal, not sure if it's still on.

45-200 is not ideal handling on gf-1, much better on G1 (we have both).

I have no problems handling the 45-200mm myself with the GF1, but then, I have nothing to compare it to :p

Here are two more shots taken at 200mm (the female Blackbird is the mother of at least the fledgeling I posted a bit back, she was gathering wild plums to feed to them):

And one with the 20mm (this snail was about a metre up in a plant, quite a climb for this little fellow.. though I fear it's too visible for birds - the song thrush of which I still haven't been able to take a picture seems to eat snails quite a bit judging by the empty shells after I've seen it about):

Last edited:
Very good and sharp! Roll on my 45-200mm! :clap:

oO crazy people.

And thanks - ofcourse I sharpened them with Lightrooom and did some luminance noise filtering after that, but I think that's 'allowed' with RAW files :D

Not more IR!!!

More of my 365 and my favourite church down in the village.
Up to at least 1 or 2 pics a month of the church. Should have a nice collection by the time the year is over.

Not more IR!!!

More of my 365 and my favourite church down in the village.
Up to at least 1 or 2 pics a month of the church. Should have a nice collection by the time the year is over.

Beautiful !

Well done (y)

Lost my mojo a bit recently.

Not got much decent stuff for a while. This is one recent effort I quite like.

4777791996_5cf298de26_b.jpg

Canon FD 50mm 1.4

Nice one Grum, wondered where you'd got to of late...:)

Selling my boxed viewfinder if anyone is interested and also a recently serviced Canon FD 50mm 1.4.

Thanks folks - more people pics

My mate's little kid - they were really chuffed with these pictures :D

So he should be too, they are brill and I'm not a B/W fan these days...

Liked to have the odd one at least in colour...ok tell me to ****off (y):LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back