Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was taken around 16:00 one evening and I was surprised how much light it picked up as our kitchen is dark in the evening.

4894400039_d939c30fce_z.jpg

Yes mate, Mathers.

Yes mate, Mathers.

Cheers think going door a gf1 as this thread praise it and seen a lot good reviews... But trying find some good portraits indoor without flash

That image all be it not a portrait had no flash. I was just showing how much light the 20mm picked up.

Have a look on the official GF1 picture thread which is linked on this thread, probably around 3-4 pages back.

That image is very good was it wide open at 1.7?

Can't help but notice your high chair for the baby which is it as it the sort of chair am looking for

Not a good portrait, but it'll have to do. Took this a couple of minutes ago, handheld with the light from monitor and a half dimmed 60 watt main light (it's pretty dark in here). -2/3 exp compensation in camera. No changes in lightroom, just raw to jpg conversion.

test.jpg

Not a good portrait, but it'll have to do. Took this a couple of minutes ago, handheld with the light from monitor and a half dimmed 60 watt main light (it's pretty dark in here). -2/3 exp compensation in camera. No changes in lightroom, just raw to jpg conversion.

test.jpg

That pretty good and sharp was it the 20mm lens what aperture? As I use a 50mm at 1.4 or 1.8 quite a lot on my 40d if this gf1 does as good as a job i be getting one and flogging off all the big gear

That pretty good and sharp was it the 20mm lens what aperture? As I use a 50mm at 1.4 or 1.8 quite a lot on my 40d if this gf1 does as good as a job i be getting one and flogging off all the big gear

Camera Maker: Panasonic
Camera Model: DMC-GF1
Lens: LUMIX G 20/F1.7
Image Date: 2010-08-15 20:19:19 +0100
Focal Length: 20.0mm
Aperture: f/1.8
Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: -0.66 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
Flash Fired: No (Manual)

Just wanted to post a quick pic taken from a Ford show I went to the other week at Silverstone.

4895116242_2d3a057184_z.jpg

Quite impressed with the colour. No editing apart from distorting the numberplate.

Just wanted to post a quick pic taken from a Ford show I went to the other week at Silverstone.

Quite impressed with the colour. No editing apart from distorting the numberplate.

My guess u got a RS too :D

Can't help but notice your high chair for the baby which is it as it the sort of chair am looking for

LOL.... :LOL:

Actually that chair has been one of the best things we have purchased for the little one. My girlfriend searched for it for ages. It's called Baby Bjorn babysitter bouncer. She bought it through kiddicare website.

test.jpg

You could of at least smiled mate.. :D

LOL.... :LOL:

Actually that chair has been one of the best things we have purchased for the little one. My girlfriend searched for it for ages. It's called Baby Bjorn babysitter bouncer. She bought it through kiddicare website.

Sorry was referring to high chair in dining room

Oh the dining table and chairs...?

We were just walking past a shop one day and saw the set in a shop. Only 1 he had so we bought the set as it was what we were looking for (well I bought it).

I think he means the big white baby high chair rather than the bouncer or dining table :)

I think he means the big white baby high chair rather than the bouncer or dining table :)

As he says the baby high chair the white one ;)

Right,
I'd like to know what peoples kit is with the GF1.

I want to do portrait with my little boy and I would also like to get into some landscape work including the type of shot Grum posted of the water (motion blur).

Filters, grads inc holder and anything else etc.

Much appreciated..!

Hooooooowwwww much ** loaded then. Ah well a gf1 first

Bought it of ebay mate and it was as new.

Were thinking of selling it as the little one is growing quicker than we thought. He is around 2 months ahead in height :thinking:

Camera and 20mm is all I have or want for now. Oh and a wrist strap on the way :)

Right,
I'd like to know what peoples kit is with the GF1.

I want to do portrait with my little boy and I would also like to get into some landscape work including the type of shot Grum posted of the water (motion blur).

Filters, grads inc holder and anything else etc.

Much appreciated..!

GF1 Body
G1 Body
20mm f1.7
14-45mm
46mm IR Filter
46mm Circular Polariser
Optech wrist strap for the GF1
Joby SLR gorilla pod
Cokin P filter holder
Cokin P ND Grads

GF1 Body
G1 Body
20mm f1.7
14-45mm
46mm IR Filter
46mm Circular Polariser
Optech wrist strap for the GF1
Joby SLR gorilla pod
Cokin P filter holder
Cokin P ND Grads

Cheers mate.
What images do you have that demonstrate the use of the polariser or the grads?

Missed the 4/3 only bit :bonk:

Oh crap now you're asking. :eek:

GF1
G1
20mm
14-45 (somewhere..... I hope....)
45-200mm
Hoya CPL (52mm)
IR Filter
B+W 10 stop (52mm)
Raynox DCR 250 Macro adapter
Canon FD 50mm 3.5 Macro + some extension tubes
Canon FD 50mm 1.4
Konica Hexanon 40mm 1.8 + 50mm 1.7
Lots of other cheapo old MF lenses
Redsnapper Tripod and Ball Head
Gorillapod SLR Zoom and small ball head
Metz 36AF flash and extension cord

And probably more stuff that I can't remember

Eek!

Edit: Oh and a Cokin holder and ND Grad

Last edited:
Oh crap now you're asking. :eek:

GF1
G1
20mm
14-45 (somewhere..... I hope....)
45-200mm
Hoya CPL (52mm)
IR Filter
B+W 10 stop (52mm)
Raynox DCR 250 Macro adapter
Canon FD 50mm 3.5 Macro + some extension tubes
Canon FD 50mm 1.4
Konica Hexanon 40mm 1.8 + 50mm 1.7
Lots of other cheapo old MF lenses
Redsnapper Tripod and Ball Head
Gorillapod SLR Zoom and small ball head
Metz 36AF flash and extension cord

And probably more stuff that I can't remember

Eek!

Edit: Oh and a Cokin holder and ND Grad

Cheers.
I'd like to take you up on the offer of a meet mate. Want to pick your brains on what you have done with the GF1.

Slowly getting back in to this photography lark. Weapons grade fatigue doesnt help. Just about recovered from the drive home over a week and a half ago.

Breeze Cafe, Morecambe.

That was the jpg as well, slight tweak and a lovely shot.

RSMarco - just PMed you.

Robb that is superb mate. Sorry to hear the fatigue is getting to you. Is mountain biking off the cards at the moment?

Cheers.
Easyish moutainbiking should be ok, im cycling to get up to speed to for the 50mile in september.
Mini GF1 meet could be fun.

The Clearviewer is still a really neat little cheap solution to the reflective screen/no viewfinder issue though.

Hi, first post here.
I have had my Olympus E-P1 for just under 1 year and I am very pleased with it, to be honest haven't shot that many pics with it due to work constraints etc but hope to remedy that soon.
I love its build quality and the jpegs it produces but my 61yr old eyes find it difficult to focus manual lenses on the LCD screen...a common complaint on various photography forums...I was considering selling it and getting a GF1 until I came across a post on this forum mentioning the "Clearviewer" accessory.
Just wondered how you've found it and if you use it a lot?
If it makes a difference I wear glasses and would rather not have to remove them to use the Clearviewer...with shipping the premium model (which they recommend for the larger LCD screens) comes to around £44 so I want to be sure it's worth the money.
Appreciate comments from any Clearviewer users.
Thanks,
John.

Hi, first post here.
I have had my Olympus E-P1 for just under 1 year and I am very pleased with it, to be honest haven't shot that many pics with it due to work constraints etc but hope to remedy that soon.
I love its build quality and the jpegs it produces but my 61yr old eyes find it difficult to focus manual lenses on the LCD screen...a common complaint on various photography forums...I was considering selling it and getting a GF1 until I came across a post on this forum mentioning the "Clearviewer" accessory.
Just wondered how you've found it and if you use it a lot?
If it makes a difference I wear glasses and would rather not have to remove them to use the Clearviewer...with shipping the premium model (which they recommend for the larger LCD screens) comes to around £44 so I want to be sure it's worth the money.
Appreciate comments from any Clearviewer users.
Thanks,
John.

Hi John,
My very limited experience with the EVF is that it is small but useable. You can tilt it to suit your position, switch between EVF and screen plus you can adjust the visual clarity to suit your own eyes. The guy who showed it me set it up for him but for me it was blurry then a small tweak of the knob it was clear for me. It's not a clear image like on a DSLR but an electronic image.

Have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROi1XO_WpT0

Mark

RSMarco - just PMed you.

Robb that is superb mate. Sorry to hear the fatigue is getting to you. Is mountain biking off the cards at the moment?

Yup, will be in touch.
Can you let me know when you have posted the pod mate ?

Cheers.
Easyish moutainbiking should be ok, im cycling to get up to speed to for the 50mile in september.
Mini GF1 meet could be fun.

Where are you mate, how about an easy MTB ride in the lakes and an afternoon session mini GF1 meet, maybe in the next few weeks (me, you and Grum)?

Mark

Where are you mate, how about an easy MTB ride in the lakes and an afternoon session mini GF1 meet, maybe in the next few weeks (me, you and Grum)?

Mark

Im in Heysham, hence lots of my pics show Heysham, Morecambe and the surrounding area.
Tis the best part of the country to be in.
Just checking weather and it aint looking too good at end of the week, typical.
But need to get some thing sorted.

I have been talking to Grum about meeting him either sometime next week or the week after as I am off work for 2 weeks next week.

I'm after learning of you GF1 guy's.

Would be good.

Mark

I have been talking to Grum about meeting him either sometime next week or the week after as I am off work for 2 weeks next week.

I'm after learning of you GF1 guy's.

Would be good.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back