The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Tonight's sunset on our local beach was one of those that got better the longer you stayed. This was my final shot, long after the sun had disappeared as the red glow deepened.

One of Those Sunsets
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

“Excellent” landscape/seascape Fujigraph, nothing more to be said.

George.

Tonight's sunset on our local beach was one of those that got better the longer you stayed. This was my final shot, long after the sun had disappeared as the red glow deepened.

One of Those Sunsets
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Just wow.... Wonderful image, only improvement would be a dolphin breaking the water.

That's a lovely spot, with the pier to the left and the tower on the cliff.

At the moment the XT-3 is a good all rounder at a discounted price, if you don't mind something larger / heavier then the XH-1 is even better value for money with very similar IQ but professional level build quality. XH-1 also has IBIS.

If you want full frame I think the Z6 is a very nice camera since the latest firmware update, but you're looking at £2100 with 24-70 kit lens (albeit a very good kit lens).
Ok thank you for your comments. I’ll have look at the xh1

It depends how steady your hands are. Pete's (@imattersuk) suggestion of a GoPro8 is a good one, as this has warp stalisation (digital IBIS) on board and works very effectively.

If you don't think you would need interchangeable lenses then an X100 family camera and a GoPro could be a good combination. Stretch to the X100V if you can as its weather sealed (with optional filter) or the X100F otherwise. These cameras are very discrete and ideal for street work. Need your brave pills to get in close though

HIPfest2018 - AmiStrachanPhotowalk1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Ok thank you I’ll have a look at the x100 series

From a little while back when a lot of Shropshire was flooded. Most of my local haunt, Attingham Park, was underwater. Made for an interesting walk in the morning though. :p
Here's one from back then..

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr

That deserves to be on the wall, mate. Lovely (y)

From a little while back when a lot of Shropshire was flooded. Most of my local haunt, Attingham Park, was underwater. Made for an interesting walk in the morning though. :p

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr
Jason, that's an excellent capture, idyllic landscape photography, really beautiful scene. Very calming....love this!

Which X body and lens were used for this shot can I ask? Have it professionally printed - WOW

Regards;
Peter

Just thought i'd give an update on my new Fuji X-T4.

Well i've had it for about a week now and have to say i'm really impressed with it. It's a huge upgrade from my X-T2. The AF is way better and the continuous focussing capabilities are truly impressive. I shot a burst of 35 images of my wife waling towards me in dificult lighting conditions and only 3 were ever so slightly out of focus, the rest were pin sharp. Also tracking in video has been impressive too in my limited testing. Managed a video of my daughter riding towards me on her bike and it never missed focus and tracked her all the way.

Obviously I need to do more testing but early signs are very good. Had a play with the slow mo footage too and it looks gorgeous :)

Not sure about the HDR function on the camera. Still undecided whether it's best to use this or stick to normal HDR bracketing :)
Which lens did you use for your test please?;

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr
This is absolutely stunning, great atmosphere, tones and composition.

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr

This is really beautiful, Jason - so atmospheric!

I really like this, excellent!
Simply wow - superb capture Andrea, you should have that professionally printed!! That sky colour is sublime.
Great photography/talent.

Was this taken hand held or tripod I wonder?

Regards;
Peter
A lovely capture Angela. Those Fuji colours!
“Excellent” landscape/seascape Fujigraph, nothing more to be said.

George.
Just wow.... Wonderful image, only improvement would be a dolphin breaking the water.

That's a lovely spot, with the pier to the left and the tower on the cliff.
Ace. Great sky patterns and colours. I like the foreground as well. :)

Wow, thank you everyone for all of your comments and likes! We are lucky to live just five minutes' walk away from the beach and reactions like this are a reminder not to take it for granted.

Peter @macvisual it was handheld with the X-T3 and 18-55 lens, which is my usual dog-walking kit, and the OIS helped a lot.

Steve @Jelster We do have seals and basking sharks in the bay quite often but the dolphins stay a bit further out :) Yes it is a very photogenic spot.

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr

"Cracking" Fujigraph, nuff said.

George.

That's a belter Jason, enter it into landscape photographer of the year.
From a little while back when a lot of Shropshire was flooded. Most of my local haunt, Attingham Park, was underwater. Made for an interesting walk in the morning though. [emoji14]

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr

I've heard via "The Angry Photographer" on YouTube recently that Fuji are releasing both these new lenses at some point soon, not sure exactly when, but apparently these two new lenses were due release to coincide with the launch of the new X-T4

XF300mm f/4

XF500mm f/5.6

Looking forward to the glass being available for sure...!

Peter

Hello All, wishing you a safe lock down.
We are still very much in the learning curve with our X-T20, and a very steep curve it is. We only have the XF 18- 55 lens as yet, a long term hobby of mine has been collecting old coins, I would like to photograph some of these but ofcourse this lens would not be of use for that? Would anyone suggest a lens from the XF or XC range that we should look at next. At the moment I am only using the camera in auto mode, am rather scared of delving too far in manual for the fear of not getting back to original setting.
Thanks for help given.
Paul

We are still very much in the learning curve with our X-T20, and a very steep curve it is. We only have the XF 18- 55 lens as yet, a long term hobby of mine has been collecting old coins, I would like to photograph some of these but ofcourse this lens would not be of use for that? Would anyone suggest a lens from the XF or XC range that we should look at next. At the moment I am only using the camera in auto mode, am rather scared of delving too far in manual for the fear of not getting back to original setting.
Thanks for help given.
Paul

Welcome to the house of fun :)
You could use extention tubes. If you skip back a few pages you`ll find some examples (y) @stupar has just moved some on. I`m sure h`ll be able to tell you what he thinks of them.

Thanks for help given.
Paul

Hello Paul welcome to the world of Fuji, as Paulie says above you could try extension tubes or even a Raynox150 that just clips onto the end of the lens.

Put my xt-20 on continues focus today and was surprised to see it focuses as you move around the area you want to focus on without having to touch shutter release button, unlike my Canon DSLR requires me to keep shutter button depressed continually.
Must be quite heavy on battery usage.

Thanks for help given.
Paul
I have xc35 and 50-230 both are excellent optically but aren't built to professional levels in terms of structure, optically they are brilliant. I understand the focus motors are a little slower too, but seem ok if not lightning fast, depends on what you intend to use the camera for.

I have xc35 and 50-230 both are excellent optically but aren't built to professional levels in terms of structure, optically they are brilliant. I understand the focus motors are a little slower too, but seem ok if not lightning fast, depends on what you intend to use the camera for.

Hello Paul welcome to the world of Fuji, as Paulie says above you could try extension tubes or even a Raynox150 that just clips onto the end of the lens.

Sorry there, messed up me thinks.

Thanks for replies. If taking shots of coins then a focal distance of 12 - 18" should be fine, in this case which lens would you recommend.

Thanks for replies. If taking shots of coins then a focal distance of 12 - 18" should be fine, in this case which lens would you recommend.

Last year I used the XF18-55mm to photograph some very old slides, using the Raynox 150 and was chuffed it worked a treat.

Here you go Paul, X-T20 + XF18-55mm had the Raynox 150 clipped on. It was an old slide from about 1961.

Family by Dave, on Flickr

Here you go Paul, X-T20 + XF18-55mm had the Raynox 150 clipped on. It was an old slide from about 1961.

Family by Dave, on Flickr

Thanks Dave, shall look into both that and the extension tubes, otherwise is there another lens with a close focal distance that would be a useful addition to our 18-55.

Back