The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@G.K.Jnr. My son is big into video, he has just bought a Zhiyun Weebill-S to use with an EOS-R with 24-105 lens (older EF lens), he is very impressed and also says that it is very easy to setup the balance. Happy to ask him any questions you may have.

David, that's very much appreciated, and that particular gimbal is one that I'm seriously considering.

If and when you have the time could you perhaps ask your son for me what he does about using an external microphone if any with that unit. ie does he mount the mic on top of the camera or on an additional bracket on the gimbal and run a cable from the mic to the camera from there. And if so is he still able to balance the camera properly. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.,

George.

Hi George

I tried the Feiyutech A2000 with the XT-3 and I just found the whole experience to be wholly unenjoyable as like most units it doesn't support Fujifilm. I believe the new DJi Ronin SC Pro Combo might be better but not with the XH-1, too large and the eye cup prevents normal operation, should be fine with the XT-3. The other consideration is battery life, as we know you really need a grip with 3 batteries when shooting video and that narrows down compatibility even more. I don't see the point in a gimbal unless it allows full control over the camera and most seem geared to Sony.

Sorry I can't help more but i'm still researching this area myself and will let you know if I find something suitable, personally i'm leaning towards a GoPro8 for my needs.

Pete, that's very much appreciated. I didn't realise that most of the gimbals were very much Sony orientated. I naturally would prefer one for my X-H1s, but if the worst comes to the worst I could use my "Sony RX10M4" which can produce superb quality vid's in the right hands and also has a 24-600mm equivalent zoom. I would however still much prefer to use the X-H1 cameras.

Many thanks.,

George.

I thought instead of looking at my cameras, try and use one as sadly I need to pick them back up to use. Xpro2 + XF23mm f1.4 just now.

The Sunbather by Dave, on Flickr

That's a lovely Fujigraph Dave, and works very well against the black background.

George.

Pete, that's very much appreciated. I didn't realise that most of the gimbals were very much Sony orientated. I naturally would prefer one for my X-H1s, but if the worst comes to the worst I could use my "Sony RX10M4" which can produce superb quality vid's in the right hands and also has a 24-600mm equivalent zoom. I would however still much prefer to use the X-H1 cameras.

Many thanks.,

George.
I think the size and weight of the RX10M4 might be an issue too, not sure. The Ronin S is by all accounts a superb piece of kit that takes the larger bodies but a friend has one and he says it's heavy and uncomfortable to use for anything over 10 minutes.

I think the size and weight of the RX10M4 might be an issue too, not sure. The Ronin S is by all accounts a superb piece of kit that takes the larger bodies but a friend has one and he says it's heavy and uncomfortable to use for anything over 10 minutes.

That's very interesting Pete, many thanks.,

George.

I tried the H1 on a number of occasions but just couldn’t get comfortable with it in the hand vs the XT-2. As evidenced by the comments from H1 owners, I am clearly in the minority. Not wanting to be a contrarian but it perhaps demonstrates the importance of handling a camera before purchase. Difficult I know in the current climate. Just my tuppence worth.

I'm in the same minority :) I have used a friend's X-H1 but I much prefer the X-T bodies, possibly because I have small hands :thinking: I do sometimes add the battery grip to the X-T3 and have no issues with the extra size and weight when necessary but I changed from a FF Nikon to Fuji for the smaller size and weight as well as the great ergonomics, so the larger H1 just felt like a step in the 'wrong' direction for me. As you say, it's well worth handling the bodies before making a decision.

Me too. I swapped to fuji X-T3 from Nikon because of the size and weight advantages. I had the H1 for a very short while, the pure size and weight of the thing meant I might as well just keep the Nikon.
I'm in the same minority :) I have used a friend's X-H1 but I much prefer the X-T bodies, possibly because I have small hands :thinking: I do sometimes add the battery grip to the X-T3 and have no issues with the extra size and weight when necessary but I changed from a FF Nikon to Fuji for the smaller size and weight as well as the great ergonomics, so the larger H1 just felt like a step in the 'wrong' direction for me. As you say, it's well worth handling the bodies before making a decision.

Just a simple close up style Fujigraph taken in my home studio of a stem from a Bleeding Heart plant taken from my garden. Shot taken using a 105mm Macro Lens with lighting provided by three Studio Flash Heads each with a largish Soft box fitted and against a Black Paper background.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
My Bleeding Heart-03409 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Thant`s a beautifully taken image George, the black BG really makes it all pop.

Thant`s a beautifully taken image George, the black BG really makes it all pop.

Thank you kindly Dave, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

This (6'x6')Greenhouse was kindly given to us from a neighbour, it took us a few days to organize a chunky base and it required about ten new pains of glass to complete etc....
I set T2 on tripod with XF27 and set the timer for this self capture.

Greenhouse opening celebration by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

p.s.
sorry about the loud shirt

Last edited:
Just a simple close up style Fujigraph taken in my home studio of a stem from a Bleeding Heart plant taken from my garden. Shot taken using a 105mm Macro Lens with lighting provided by three Studio Flash Heads each with a largish Soft box fitted and against a Black Paper background.

George.
George, that's an amazing capture - great photographic talent/skills Sir, beautiful looking plant and awesome colours....!!

mac

Nice to see you getting there David.

Thanks Graham, I’m alright on the flat (and uphill), it’s the coming down that I’m struggling with. Physio said it’s going to be a few months before I get full mobility back, but plenty of exercise in the meantime - my annual Dinorwic visit on 27th Dec is still on the cards!!!

George.

Cracking job. Nice shapes and colours.

From a little while back when a lot of Shropshire was flooded. Most of my local haunt, Attingham Park, was underwater. Made for an interesting walk in the morning though. :p
Here's one from back then..

Flooded Field
by Jason, on Flickr
Not sure how this passed me by! Stunning

Thanks Graham, I’m alright on the flat (and uphill), it’s the coming down that I’m struggling with. Physio said it’s going to be a few months before I get full mobility back, but plenty of exercise in the meantime - my annual Dinorwic visit on 27th Dec is still on the cards!!!
Let's hope it has a better outcome this time

George, that's an amazing capture - great photographic talent/skills Sir, beautiful looking plant and awesome colours....!!

mac

Thank you kindly Peter, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

I hope this is OK...
Garry Edwards has set up a zoom webinar thing about lighting for tonight and like many I tend to frequent only a small part of this forum, so in case some of you have missed it or forgotten, here is the thread -

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/interwebby-webinar-session-thingy.710396/#post-8698334

Phil V is helping out, and I think both deserve as big an audience as possible, and as many thanks as possible for giving their time and sharing their wisdom.
Mods, I don't imagine this is against any rules, apologies if it is out of order..

Back