The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Zf. Yep me and a few others. @imattersuk @wibbly @Stephen L @addicknchips and more. Most of us have been Fuji shooters. Personally it’s a camera that presses my buttons. The Smallrig grip or similar definitely improves the handling. One of the best cameras for manual focus lenses. Fab image quality. I’ve had most Fuji bodies. Love my Zf
Like what @trevorbray said. Although I also have the Zfc, which is crop sensor and almost as good, though not weather resistant. You can mitigate the lack of an aperture ring (although some 3rd party lenses do have them) by assigning the control ring on the lens to do this function, albeit clickless and with no external indicator.

I agree. No big deal, but one of those things that makes Fuji, Fuji. I know there's a few without. But I won't even consider them (but silly I know). Same with the third party ones... Great glass, no AR begs the question, why?
Because to fit an aperture ring would confuse those poor souls who never grew up with one…:exit:

Have Fuji stopped making the 33 f1.4? It's not appearing on their web shop any more, but the 30mm f2.8, and the two 35's are.

Have Fuji stopped making the 33 f1.4? It's not appearing on their web shop any more, but the 30mm f2.8, and the two 35's are.
Strange one, being it`s only a couple of years old. Maybe an error on their part, as all the shops still seem to have it in stock :thinking:

Last edited:
Anyone flirted with a Nikon Zf? In other words, convince me that APS-C is fine and crop sensors are fine and stop wanting new things.

Also still after a fisheye adapter recommendation if anyone has any experience. Theres a Jessops one on ebay for £15...?

If adapted glass is your thing, or modern manual focus lenes (ie Voigtlander), then the ZF fits the bill very nicely. Yes it is heavy (and bigger) than the Fuji's but it is also built like a tank. It is more expensive than an X-T5 but grey import prices do even that out. The ZF is a very nice bit of kit.

Its horses for courses though, as the Fuji is smaller, lighter, and has an excellent range of native glass, and is now well supported by third party glass manufacturers.

We always want new things, some of us have more magpie tendencies than others :ROFLMAO:

If adapted glass is your thing, or modern manual focus lenes (ie Voigtlander), then the ZF fits the bill very nicely. Yes it is heavy (and bigger) than the Fuji's but it is also built like a tank. It is more expensive than an X-T5 but grey import prices do even that out. The ZF is a very nice bit of kit.

Its horses for courses though, as the Fuji is smaller, lighter, and has an excellent range of native glass, and is now well supported by third party glass manufacturers.

We always want new things, some of us have more magpie tendencies than others :ROFLMAO:
I think the cost and the weight plus the lack of aperture rings on native glass will put me off. Theres really nothing wrong with my X-T20; I just get the itch, Its good to explore these things occaisionally to then realise theres nowt wrong with what you already have. As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you!

@Paulie-W @skullfunkerry OK I'm much happier today!!

@Jelster 's X-T3 arrived, spent some time setting up how I wanted it (cleaned the sensor ;) - one small dust bunny)

XF100-400mm target approx 80-100m away

400mm F5.6 Test by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Crop from middle

400mm F5.6 Test Crop by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Looks ok to me.
I think you nailed it, trying to compare with a gfx and Leica ;)
Drive a Ferrari for a while, and anything else is gonna seem slow, even if it's not.

I think you nailed it, trying to compare with a gfx and Leica ;)
Drive a Ferrari for a while, and anything else is gonna seem slow, even if it's not.

I think I've just got used to a certain level of sharpness - putting same image through DXO PureRAW (so much faster with lower resolution sensors :ROFLMAO: ) improves it a bit more - definitely happy now - roll on Oulton Park on Saturday!

400mm F5.6 Test Crop PureRAW by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry about the dustbunny!! It's been sitting in a cupboard with a lens on it for a couple of months, in fact I don't think I've used it since I got the T5.

Sorry about the dustbunny!! It's been sitting in a cupboard with a lens on it for a couple of months, in fact I don't think I've used it since I got the T5.

Steve, its no biggie, I've cleaned hundreds of sensors, so not a problem - very happy with the camera, feels very lightweight after the Leica and the GFX, but the 100-400 more than makes up for that :ROFLMAO:

Mine are still growing in the garden, I have another half dozen or so that haven't opened yet....
Most of our ones in the garden, have gone now.

Last edited:
Back