The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@macvisual Peter. I found the face/eye detect far better on the latest models. X-H2/s and X-T5. As you know I’ve had most of the previous generations.
But mate. You seem to be doing ok with the earlier stuff.

Not posted anything for a while (I need to get out more and actually shoot) so here's a couple from the last few months

Chester Zoo by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Chester Zoo by Chris Walker, on Flickr

July '24 by Chris Walker, on Flickr

July '24 by Chris Walker, on Flickr

I've recently acquired a Pentax MX and I love the optical viewfinder. Really giving me the desire to look at an X-Pro 3 to replace my X-T20. Probably not worth it...

Also got a PK-FX adapter coming so will be posting some pics with Pentax lenses on the X-T20 :D

If anyone's looking to sell their Fuji XF56 -- please let me know.

Cheers
pete
These is one on pink fish media, not sure if it's OK to post a link, so apologies if it's not..

@macvisual Peter. I found the face/eye detect far better on the latest models. X-H2/s and X-T5. As you know I’ve had most of the previous generations.
But mate. You seem to be doing ok with the earlier stuff.
I have suffered with this problem. The expectation is that the new model will be equal to the AF speed in a Nikon or Canon, unfortunately the reality is that the Canon and Nikon AF has also improved so the Fuji stuff is always a little behind.
That said I think that the current XT5, XH2, XH2S whilst still slower/less accurate than the Canon or Nikon AF is so near that it is negligible.
I regard my Nikon ZF and Fuji XT5 as similar but different cameras. As I have said before if the Zf was 45MP it would be perfect for me but I do see some advantage in the Zf and if I want 45MP I have my Z7 or Z9.
At 26MP it is difficult to see any IQ difference between XH2, XT4 and Zf. You really need to look hard!

Had a bit of fun comparing lenses today:
Lens Test! by Chris Walker, on Flickr

As far as aperture is concerned, obviously its just not a fair contest between the Pentax's f1.7 vs the f4.0 that Fuji's 18-55mm is fixed to at 50mm
Pentax 50mm (f1.7) by Chris Walker, on Flickr
Fuji 18-55mm by Chris Walker, on Flickr

In the other tests for some reason I didn't put the Pentax at f4; I put it at f2.8. So not really fair, but for me the Pentax edges it.

I was pretty surprised how close the TTArtisan and Pentax 28mm lenses are. Credit to TTA; its a cracking value. I was expecting the Pentax to be much better; but its mariginal. Both at f2.8 here
Pentax 28mm (f2.8) by Chris Walker, on Flickr
TTArtisan 28mm by Chris Walker, on Flickr

These are all SooC; classic chrome. Not very interesting; but wanted to share anyway! :D

Last edited:
I have the TTArtisan 27mm F/2.8 and it's a great little lens, although it vignettes pretty heavily at anything below F/8. Very sharp though, and really small.

EDIT: just seen your picture on Flickr of the lenses, and that's the same one you have :)

Apologies that I forgot to thank everyone for the help with my purple photos! I'd set the white balance in terms of temperature but I didn't know that there were also the colour shift options hiding there. All sorted now thanks to your collective wisdom

Last edited:

Fantastic set of shots! I was at Brands Hatch last week for CameraWorld Live; I’ve posted a separate thread but these are a couple of my favourites from the day. X-T4 & XF 100-400mm (which was a bit too tight occasionally… I think I might have a to pick up a 55-200 at some point).

DSCF0808.jpeg

DSCF1675.jpeg

DSCF1452.jpeg

Any recommendations on a travel tripod which supports the X-T5?

I’ve got a Velbon UT-3AR which is pretty good. It’s rated to 3kg and it’s really small and light.

I don’t actually use mine any more, drop me a PM if you’re interested in buying it :)

Any recommendations on a travel tripod which supports the X-T5?
Peak Design (I have the aluminium version) folds up the smallest and works well with both my X-T2 and my X-H2S. I briefly had the 3LT Travis before and that was fine with the X-T2, but is bulkier.

Back