The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA statement regarding Suarez / Evra

The Independent Regulatory Commission has confirmed there will be no decision this evening and will continue working through the weekend.

There will be no announcement on any decision before Tuesday 20 December 2011 at the earliest.

FA statement regarding Suarez / Evra

The Independent Regulatory Commission has confirmed there will be no decision this evening and will continue working through the weekend.

There will be no announcement on any decision before Tuesday 20 December 2011 at the earliest.

Translation :

"We're gonna drag this out on expenses. We know it's all a media hoyty foyty ballockabout, but we're gonna go along with it anyway" :p

Al, thanks for getting that table together. Looks like I'm on my own with the number 20 spot :p

They will drag this out for sure, but the footballers can afford it..

Back from QPR v Man Utd. I have to say we were very poor today but Man Utd looked class, Rooney was on a different level. Man Utd looked solid all over, arguably City looked better individually but I just never saw us getting back into this game. Be interesting to see how it pans out at the top.

As an aside, 12 o'clock KO are a great way to kill the atmosphere....

I watched it on telly, certainly caught Utd on a good day unfortunately. **** poor defending and an awful error from Barton cost us both goals and we looked toothless up front.

I was busy so didn't get to see much of it - could have been a lot more than 0:2 by all accounts ?

Well I'm pleased with City's game.
Some glaring errors made, but not as many as our Chelsea defeat the other day.
I think we were quite strong today. Infact I think both City and Arsenal were really strong upfront, but weaker at the back. Allowed for quite a back and forth game which I think City ended up leading.

Shame those nearmisses didn't go in though, could so easily have been at least 3 for us.
Still, as they say...a win is a win.

good day from my end, 2-0 win for liverpool most importantly!

but knocking man u back to 2nd just rounding it off nicely

I think City had the run of luck today. I've watched it over and over and again on MOTD and there's not a chance RVP was offside. It also had to be a penalty, as they just said on MOTD. Regardless of the result going against us there were lots of positives for arsenal. I just home our decimated back line gets resolved somehow and doesn't become our Achilles heel this season.

Gervino again was poor, how he plays week in week out I don't know!

didn't he get like every assist in your first 10 games of the season or something?

as far as forwards go he's in the top 20 of points scored from goals and assists

didn't he get like every assist in your first 10 games of the season or something?

as far as forwards go he's in the top 20 of points scored from goals and assists

Only in Fantasy football Joe, which I think you know lots about but fail to see the relevance in actual football.

joescrivens said:

Every time I see him he can't shoot, can't do simple stuff. He is keen and tries hard, but how he starts every game I don't know.

That said, he is not as crap as arshavin, I would rather see a raw 18yo on the bench than him.

Only in Fantasy football Joe, which I think you know lots about but fail to see the relevance in actual football.

I guess you didn't realise that the points allocated in fantasy football are based on actual events in the league then :wacky:

What's wrong? Is it because I'm above you in that league? :LOL:

Last edited:
I guess you didn't realise that the points allocated in fantasy football are based on actual events in the league then :wacky:

What's wrong? Is it because I'm above you in that league? :LOL:
What I am saying is that assists can consist of being the last player to touch the ball before the scorer does.....those sometimes are hardly assists but merely deflections or flick ons, blocked shots then rebounds to the scorer etc...just putting it into perspective.

Also the player make up of defender, midfield or attacker is a bit false as it does not take into account what position the actual position the player played in on the day. Take Phil Jones for instance....he is down as a defender but has played majority of the games from midfield.

I was busy so didn't get to see much of it - could have been a lot more than 0:2 by all accounts ?

Yep we could\should have lost by more. Barton was shocking today, his passing was awful. We really missed Ferdinand at the back, our squad is so shallow. Ultimately we were outclassed by a better team, just never looked like getting back in it unlike against City.

Our big matches really are coming up against Sunderland, Norwich etc, if we want to stay up those are the games to focus on. I think that's why Helguson came off ready for Wednesday's match.

8 game ban for Suarez.....I wonder how this will affect football.

It is laughable. Suspended until appeal, which will happen, because it's a rediculous decision. The FA admit LS is not racist, yet come up with this. Utter madness.

I don't get this racism thing. Seriously. Calling someone a black so and so is so bad, but call crouch a lanky so and so would b no ban?

Jimmy Hill tried that defence a few years back and said that calling someone 'nigger' was no different to calling him 'chinny' because he had a big chin. It didn't go down too well.

Didn't he get a 7 game ban when he somehow accidentally bit somebody when he only meant to spit at them ?

He's got his finger gesture at Fulham to be looked at too.

"LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations."

Looks like they're continuing with the whole 'race card' thing then.

Did they really say that? Serious question.

Yes - as did Evra

"It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said: 'I don't think that Luis Suárez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suárez was not racist.

Last edited:
John Terry has got to be a little nervous tonight, looks like he is probably be in for a long wait though.

Laudrup said:
Jimmy Hill tried that defence a few years back and said that calling someone 'nigger' was no different to calling him 'chinny' because he had a big chin. It didn't go down too well.

See, I dont get this. Pardon the pun but I see things in black an white. Hill can't help the chin, Evra can't help being black. So whats the difference?

I knew Evra did did, sounded strange that the F.A would. Seen your edit with quote - thanks. Not quite sure what to make of it.

I guess it's a case of Suarez made a racist remark but is not a racist, hence an 8 match ban rather than a harsher punishment.

Being racist and making a racist remark are two different things.

Probably the hardest case ever to judge in football.

Well the bar has been set by the FA now. I expect the captain of England will get at LEAST the same punishment.

It's a brilliant statement. It's nice to see the club has the balls to stand up to the idiots at the FA.

Do you think ?

I'm amazed anybody at the club let that go to print. It just sounds like it's been written by some annoyed fan. Attacking the FA is odd esp if they are going to appeal and Evra could probably be visiting his solicitor as we speak. Suarez has done enough damage to LFC's reputation without the club mking it worse.

Here's some light banter....

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...verpool-8217-s-statement-on-Lu?urn=sow-wp7629

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/12/20/2650429/luis-suarez-FA-ban-racism-liverpool-fc-statement

As for Terry - who knows what will happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back