The great TP election thread

Who are 'they'? The Ministry of Impersonal Pronouns?

I think social media has a lot to do with that. People are now much better informed than they used to be and I think we are seeing a lot less of people voting for the party they always vote for or the one their parents voted for. People are actually aware of the choices now and can find out about them much more easily.

Steve.

It does, and depending on how viciferous a group is can make you think its doing better than it is. UKIP and SNP have a massive facebook presence, and UKIP has a great following on there and uses the channels well, but how many have been swayed. 12hours we will know.

SNP 58/59 seats. I assume the other one is the super safe LD seat in the Orkneys.

Only 2 for UKIP - presumably their current 2, so Farage has lost in Thanet. See ya, Nige!

Hmm, survey sample is 22,000. Unless they've only focused on marginals, that's only 34 per seat : pointless.

Yougov have done there own exit poll apparently with different results. I can't open there site though.

If the exit polls are right then thats a very slim majority for that coalition (the Con:LD one). Probably too slim to be workable over 5 years
Indeed. The DUP will probably be getting a call.

YouGov:
Conservative 284
Labour 263
Liberal Democrat 31
SNP 48
Plaid Cymru 3
UKIP 2
Green 1
Still not enough to get Lab+SNP over the line...
Your list is missing DUP - but I'd guess Con-Lib-DUP will be enough.

Still 48 SNP (wow) and only 2 UKIP (bye Nige)

Because they would be the one party that got the most seats. A voter may want only the one party in control and then find their party has to share the leadership with a party they would never vote for. That is misrepresentation of the population and what I would say is fraudulent use of someone's vote.

Which is why I said earlier - when every man and his dog knows no single party is going to win a majority - it would be nice to be able to vote on coalitions or at least be party to what their compromised policies may be.

Last edited:
First result in safe Labour seat;
UKIP>Con
Green>LibDem
Both make me a bit sad. :(

Which is why I said earlier - when every man and his dog knows no single party is going to win a majority - it would be nice to be able to vote on coiltitions or at least know what their compromised policies are.
I'm gonna keep banging the drum... only party to state their redlines... LibDems :)

Hmm, survey sample is 22,000. Unless they've only focused on marginals, that's only 34 per seat : pointless.

It's based on statistical analysis over c.140 polling stations so doesn't show individual seats but a probable outcome.

Still a p*** poor sample for over 20m voters.

Don't disagree. All exit polls and surveys are :)

The only poll that counts is the actual vote. Let's see what the political landscape looks like in the morning and the coming days.

True, but cracking open a beer might be frowned upon at work. ;)

No need. He's still an 'M'EP which is very well paid, as he famously boasted,
Who cares?
If he loses Thanet south, no matter how well the rest if his boys do, he's nothing but a gob with legs.

He only said he'd stand down as leader, not as MEP. Less hassle, same cash. He probably wants to lose!

Going in to vote I let out a deflated chuckle as I seen two signs right beside each other, "Auldhouse food bank now open" right beside "Vote Conservative". I'm hoping it was repositioned there as a joke.

What do ex-MPs do?

BBC state Danny Alexander will lose his seat - always been impressed by him - so what does he do next week? Get a normal job?

What do ex-MPs do?

BBC state Danny Alexander will lose his seat - always been impressed by him - so what does he do next week? Get a normal job?
I dunno, but if you believe the BBC there will be a lot of ex-LD MP's doing the same. Shame if it does turn out that way.

I dunno, but if you believe the BBC there will be a lot of ex-LD MP's doing the same. Shame if it does turn out that way.
Perils of politics. And people wonder why few normal people want to stand for parliament!

Back