OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Very nice addition Chris.

I'd love to try an old Polaroid but the film costs scare me.

Very nice addition Chris.

I'd love to try an old Polaroid but the film costs scare me.

If you take one shot every 6 weeks it works out at about 30p a week, ntb really.

Noyhing in Film and Conventional is cheap but think how much per shot the muppet with the new full frame ~Dickon and whopper 2.8 ...Whooooooaaaa lens~ is realy paying per shot?

Noyhing in Film and Conventional is cheap but think how much per shot the muppet with the new full frame ~Dickon and whopper 2.8 ...Whooooooaaaa lens~ is realy paying per shot?

Seriously considering selling my digital gear and getting something like a Mamiya7.

Oh apart from my Fuji x100s. I'm totally in love with that, but the DSLR just isn't floating my boat any more.

Seriously considering selling my digital gear and getting something like a Mamiya7.

Oh apart from my Fuji x100s. I'm totally in love with that, but the DSLR just isn't floating my boat any more.

I'm using my son's 400D testing my M42 lenses...and it's back and forth from the garden to the computer to download to check if the shots were perfectly in focus.....so boring and I could have taken the same shots much easier on a film camera, got the film dev and CD back in less time.
Why am I using a digicam? Unfortunately Asda's low scans are not much good for very large blowups to see clear differences between lenses.

That's the same as mine and about what I paid after winning an awkward hours auction. Good price for a good meter. Don't judge it by my results...

My silver Yashica Electro 35 MC arrived today so I've now got a matching pair of pocket-friendly 35mm cameras :)

My matching pair of Yashica Electro 35MC's by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I've fitted my DIY 4LR44 battery/spacer and the camera appears to metering correctly so is mint like my black model. Seals also look good so I'll run a roll of film through it and see how the results compare to the black one before I list one of them. I'm struggling to decide whether I like the more subtle black or the classic silver :D

Cheers
Steve

Looking in the window if a local charity shop (which has a habit of overpricing the occasional TLR it has in) and there were a couple of mystery lenses upside down. So I had to ask to have a look, didn't I? It would have been rude not to…

Ahem by -cybertect-

Reckon they'll go nicely on the front of my FX-3 Super 2000 :)

Last edited:
Looking in the window if a local charity shop (which has a habit of overpricing the occasional TLR it has in) and there were a couple of mystery lenses upside down. So I had to ask to have a look, didn't I? It would have been rude not to…

Ahem by -cybertect-

Reckon they'll go nicely on the front of my FX-3 Super 2000 :)

WOW nice find.

You jammy beggar.

You buy a small, light rangefinder and then you add a grip and other stuff to make it bigger and heavier?

What's the point? You might as well have started out with an SLR.

[n.b. not serious! I've been spending too much time hanging out on mirrorless dijikal forums :) Yum!]

You buy a small, light rangefinder and then you add a grip and other stuff to make it bigger and heavier?

What's the point? You might as well have started out with an SLR.

[n.b. not serious! I've been spending too much time hanging out on mirrorless dijikal forums :) Yum!]

The M4 is not particularly light to start with, the MR-4 meter adds a bit to the weight, the grip I will probably only use as a tripod mount (centred rather than at the end of the baseplate).

I have lots of SLRs (well five) with assorted lenses to fit, but I wanted to try a really good rangefinder and old top quality lenses out, nothing to do with weight or size ;)

Indeed ;)

Owning an M series Leica is on my bucket list. Other things just keep getting in the way, though.

Now there's this. The listing said "Has never had a film through it. MINT US Navy OM4 SLR camera body. When I received this cmera it still had a paper tag over the shutter indicating it had never been fired. I had dry fired it a few times."

Question is: to use it or to put it on a shelf and just look at it?
IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1235.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

Now there's this. The listing said "Has never had a film through it. MINT US Navy OM4 SLR camera body. When I received this cmera it still had a paper tag over the shutter indicating it had never been fired. I had dry fired it a few times."

Question is: to use it or to put it on a shelf and just look at it?
IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1235.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

Good question...me? I'd have to use it. Can't see the point of making them into ornaments.

Use it or it will eventually just die unused and that would be a crime against photography.

In all fairness, you are asking on a photography forum that is primarily users rather than collectors.

I'm with Steve - I'd never have bought it in the first place, to avoid that decision.

Use it, use it,use it! The first person who's used a brand new, unused OM-4 for many many years... who could resist!

Is it rare and valuable in that state with the US Navy stamp?

The Japanese probably filled it with dastardly spyware!

I was running a bit low on film cameras last week, but luckily, a friend gave me this rather nice Kodak Brownie Flash IV.

10597127316_2513d8b539_c.jpg

This is the deluxe model with a yellow filter and a close up lens. Each selected by pulling out one of the metal tabs on the side.

Steve.

Last edited:
Nice Steve....get a roll of 120 respooled and some shooting done with it matey. I have the same camera ( no box or instructions though, sadly) and although rarely used, it did give some decent results iirc

Back