OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Pothole!:LOL:... you make the pinhole sound so easy!

i've never done the body cap thingy so if it's as simple as i made out in reality i don't know tbh................ I have enough on working out exposure etc with the purpose holga pinhole camera that i have:p

Pothole!:LOL:... you make the pinhole sound so easy!

The Pinhole IS easy. I made one for my Canon EOS kit with a old cheap taiwanese copy body cap. Drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle, then used a peice of coke can 2cm square for the actual pinhole plate. Sanded it until it was very, very thin, and pushed the tip of a safety pin through the centre. Sanded it again very gently to remove the "burrs" from pushing the pin through, and taped the pinhole plate to the inside of the body cap. hang on I'll grap a picture of it...

EOS Pinhole Bodycap
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Last edited:
get a body cap for your slr, drill a tiny hole in the centre and hey presto you have your very own pinhole kit...... Steveo might find his pinhole becomes a pothole if the camera swells in size when it gets wet!!!!! :D

I know its heresy to mention in here but if you want to try pinhole quickly you can also do this with a DSLR (although there is aslight risk of getting crap on the sensor through the pinhole)

That's why I originally did mine on a EF body cap - it'd work with the old eos450d or the EOS3 or 30... and on the subject of heresy - it was much easier to get the exposure right on the dijikal :LOL:

Lol - I usually use my Dijickal as a meter when using the old film bodies that don't have TTL ( I do have a hand held meter - although ive currently lent that to T- but i'll be buggered if i know how to get an accurate reading from it)

i've never done the body cap thingy so if it's as simple as i made out in reality i don't know tbh................ I have enough on working out exposure etc with the purpose holga pinhole camera that i have:p

All these things look great to try and stuff to buy... i should probably wait and see if i need to learn how to use the bloody camera first!:p

The Pinhole IS easy. I made one for my Canon EOS kit with a old cheap taiwanese copy body cap. Drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle, then used a peice of coke can 2cm square for the actual pinhole plate. Sanded it until it was very, very thin, and pushed the tip of a safety pin through the centre. Sanded it again very gently to remove the "burrs" from pushing the pin through, and taped the pinhole plate to the inside of the body cap. hang on I'll grap a picture of it...

EOS Pinhole Bodycap
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Now that looks really cool to try!..it doesn't sound hard either, hmmmm:thinking: adding to my list of "want to try":D

I had a spell while I was shooting my 365 back in 2009 where I tried out all sorts of silly experiements with cameras - using welding glass as a 10stop filter, building my own panoramic head for the tripod, a DIY "light-tent" for macro stuff... even tried to improvise a Tilt/Shift lens out of a body cap, the lens from my Bronica and a car steering boot gaiter.

It's fair to say that some met with more success than others :LOL:

lol been there done that - theres a thread arround somewhere where i meade a super macro extension tube out of 50cm length of drain pipe and a body and lens cap - mag was huge, but i had real problems with wobble and softness.

I had a spell while I was shooting my 365 back in 2009 where I tried out all sorts of silly experiements with cameras - using welding glass as a 10stop filter, building my own panoramic head for the tripod, a DIY "light-tent" for macro stuff... even tried to improvise a Tilt/Shift lens out of a body cap, the lens from my Bronica and a car steering boot gaiter.

It's fair to say that some met with more success than others :LOL:

Haha yeah i can imagine, although half the fun has got to be in the trying i can imagine and the dance when it does:D

and you'll always be a wookie to me mark ;) :hug:

might find his pinhole becomes a pothole if the camera swells in size when it gets wet!!!!! :D

As if to test Asha's theory, shortly after opening the shutter I looked over to see a double rainbow, moments after that I was a scurrying for cover in the library as a massive hail shower blew over!

Thanks Toni, I was having another play with it the other day and actually I think the battery is ok. The OM1 was metering about a stop out from a OM20, though I can't tell which is actually correct!

haha T.

Steven, that thought is pretty much why I haven't done it so far - it's a camera I not only love using and the results it gives but it holds a lot of sentimental value. I keep meaning to get myself a nice hand held meter but something else always pops up and takes away the budget (the Canon FTb was bought with meter budget :exit:)

Eek i'd be too scared to go anywhere near a camera with a soldering iron!:eek:

Oh we use soldering irons, hammers, pneumatic drills, ferrets (?) and all manner of interesting torture devises. They built those old cameras out of solid stuff.

On the right, a Voigtlander Vito CLR, £12.50 from eBay. Not put a film through it yet, but I think there's some fungus in the lens. Not too bothered about it for £12, though. The rangefinder is dim, hence the black tape on the rangefinder patch a la http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-165.html which worked a treat.

On the left is a Fujifilm Instax 200 - £10 from the British Red Cross shop in town. I ordered 20 shots worth of film from Amazon on Tuesday, it arrived today, and I just took a test shot to prove it all works (It does. I'm impressed). Now I have to think of 19 subjects worthy of my remaining stock.

P1070365
by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Oh we use soldering irons, hammers, pneumatic drills, ferrets (?) and all manner of interesting torture devises. They built those old cameras out of solid stuff.

Nope double eek that just gives me the heebey geebeez lol! I'm dreading even having to clean anything let alone it or any others i get go wrong:D

On the right, a Voigtlander Vito CLR, £12.50 from eBay. Not put a film through it yet, but I think there's some fungus in the lens. Not too bothered about it for £12, though. The rangefinder is dim, hence the black tape on the rangefinder patch a la http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-165.html which worked a treat.

On the left is a Fujifilm Instax 200 - £10 from the British Red Cross shop in town. I ordered 20 shots worth of film from Amazon on Tuesday, it arrived today, and I just took a test shot to prove it all works (It does. I'm impressed). Now I have to think of 19 subjects worthy of my remaining stock.

P1070365
by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Nice!! A Voigtlander is on my list!

they are a yes, yes and possibly another yes. Its the only camera I regret selling. Things of beauty 90% of a Leica for 33% of the cost.

they are a yes, yes and possibly another yes. Its the only camera I regret selling. Things of beauty 90% of a Leica for 33% of the cost.

You sold it are you :mad:?
I blame mark for it really, he posted his one in the "show us yer compact" thread i think it was and it was :love: but in all honesty i wouldn't know which to go for

Trouble was I got bitten by the medium format bug and now 35mm is just for snaps :shrug: Stuff had to be sold to buy newer, bigger, better....and so on and so on.:LOL:

[quote="big soft moose, post: 5933537, member: 39650" but i had real problems with wobble and softness.[/quote]

i still do , and its seems to be getting worse as i get older,,, nothing to do with photography though :(

i've never had a compact before ,so when i saw this in one of the local charity shops for a tenner , i went for it ,,it feels quite heavy and solid ,and the lens is a 5 in 4 and meant to be quite decent ,i'll find out what its really like a bit later when i see the results

[

I have the L35AF and it is a great little camera,albeit automatic,it does take a very clear and well focussed shot as you would expect of Nikon.

I also have a set of telephoto and wide angle lenses for this specific camera and if you want to have a play with them let me know and I will get them to you on loan.

Richard.

PS, good price You paid for the Nikon.

Last edited:
i'll post a pic or two soon ,,,,are they 46mm screw in front of the normal lens bits of glass ?

Don't have it yet, but just bought a Rolleiflex 3.5E. Price was too good to pass it up - I don't get a chance to shoot much, so when I do, it's nice to have something like a Rollei around.

I hope it wasn't the one in ffordes.....that ones mine, maybe...:boxer:

i'll post a pic or two soon ,,,,are they 46mm screw in front of the normal lens bits of glass ?

They certainly are. :) together with additional view finder for wide angle.

Don't have it yet, but just bought a Rolleiflex 3.5E. Price was too good to pass it up - I don't get a chance to shoot much, so when I do, it's nice to have something like a Rollei around.

We the afflicted need to see pictures!

Back