OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

~Hee hee :D

View attachment 2640

That's the 28-70mm on there, I may just settle for the Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8 on this though and keep the zoom on the Fuji - but atm I only have the LTM>MD adapter here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jao
H'mm I thought Hexanon AR lenses were only easily adapted to digital cameras :shrug:

Hmm - not had problems myself, but I'd best be careful then :eek:

Just in time for Christmas :D

Bessa R3A
by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Attached to the very nice 35mm f1.4 Nokton, it's a little wide for this camera but it's the longest M-mount lens I have.

Grrr....why you... sacken fracken.....Dick Dastardly

Santa, is clearly delivering a lot of Voigtlanders this crimbo!

Grrr....why you... sacken fracken.....schwingschwong Dastardly

Apparently the shortened form of the name Richard is actually 'schwingschwong'.....:D:rolleyes:

I also notice you have Arthur's R2 as a counterpoint on your screen. Either very clever or very serendipitous.

I also notice you have Arthur's R2 as a counterpoint on your screen. Either very clever or very serendipitous.
I have no idea what serendipitous means so I must be very clever ;)

Thats lucky ^^^

Nice Nick, only thing kept me from one is the horrible shoulder steps, much prefer the lesser sharpness of the earlier ones. Good to see you still have ~Bessa madness though :D

Nice Nick, only thing kept me from one is the horrible shoulder steps, much prefer the lesser sharpness of the earlier ones. Good to see you still have ~Bessa madness though :D
They're cracking cameras, I only bought this one to stop Andy pestering Mrs Snap over the Christmas period.

I'll have to pester her for something else now....:naughty:

It is Christmas after all :D

11492455454_fd243d00e0.jpg

Early Christmas present to self, courtesy of Ag

These Bessa R things: obviously what the Wise Men are carrying and as pretty as gold and all that but no! Get thee away from me!:olympus:

I don't understand, how do you focus?

Old fashioned zone focus. The focus dial on the lens itself remains valid, I tend to add a stop or so for the sake of depth of field just to take the edge off but that's it.

Easily misplaced:rolleyes:

Looks to be the Mamiya 645 500mm F5.6 I was going to check against mined but I currently have no clue where I have put the dam thing.

Spot on. All the way from Japan. Complete with 105mm Mamiya filter. Bit of a monster and we'll see how much use it gets. I hate tripods I need to dust off my monopod.

Just in case anyone's interested (I know I was surprised how big the x-pro1 was compared to the Bessa R2) here's the R-D1, the R2 and the Fuji side by side. Fuji has now left in a trade for the R-D1 so I now will be keeping other two, the Taron Chic and possibly a mju V. With the R2 being LM as the Epson is I finally can have a proper clearout of all those other cameras/lenses/accessories I amassed over the years and stick to just the one lens system. Well, two then, LM and LTM :D

Have borrowed an Industar 50 for now while the one I purchased (alongside an Industar 69) get delivered. Then I have promised myself some decent glass, at least a 28mm Skopar and possibly the 40mm f/1.4 Nokton if I can.

I realise two of these below are not strictly belonging in this section but... given the Epson pedigree it really is it's hereditary home :D

View attachment 3216

Reactions: Jao
This should be on its way to me soon...

1522289_10151850439192011_1251312170_n.jpg

A Bronica S2 with Nikkor 75mm lens. 6x6 format on 120 film.

After getting rid of my RB67 when I needed some money a few years ago and selling my ETRS because I didn't like using it with a prism finder, I started looking for an SLR with a waist level finder and 6x6 frame size. I initially looked at the Bronica SQ... Then I saw this and couldn't resist!

Steve.

Last edited:

After getting rid of my RB67 when I needed some money a few years ago and selling my ETRS because I didn't like using it with a prism finder, I started looking for an SLR with a waist level finder and 6x6 frame size. I initially looked at the Bronica SQ... Then I saw this and couldn't resist!

Steve.

Lovely camera.....and it's interesting that what you reject I prefer.

Steve.

I am not surprised you could not resist, the S2 is a beautiful camera a bit like a 1950's Cadillac and your one looks very good indeed, congrats.

Last edited:

Steve.
That is lovely Steve, Richard @medwaygreen, nailed it, Bronica S2, 'Cadillac of medium format!'

That is lovely Steve, Richard @medwaygreen, nailed it, Bronica S2, 'Cadillac of medium format!'

So, lotsa chrome, overhanging fenders, drinks for America and won't go round corners? :)

Canon EOS30 with 7 point Eye Control :0) Annoyingly, my Tamron 19-35 didn't arrive today so it will be next week before I actually get to use it in anger. Might have to borrow a 16-35 of a friend of mine over the weekend to test it instead.

View attachment 3226View attachment 3227

Cheers
Steve

I've fitted a Sigma 50mm 1.4 to this today and have to say that it's awesome :0) I didn't realise I missed a 'full size' slr having sold off my Canon digital kit (40D) last year to just use my Nex and OM film bodies. However, using the Eos30 and the surprisingly effective eye controlled focussing has been better than I expected. I've got the Tamron 19-35 arriving tomorrow so it will be interesting to see the ultra wide view as well.

I've also got an Olympus XA arriving tomorrow from a work colleague who's asked me to take a look at it as he's never used it. I've never had an XA so I'm looking forward to that :0)

Cheers
Steve

My Tamron 19-35 arrived today and looks like it should be a nice lens and I've also been looking at this Olympus XA :0)

View attachment 3454

I'm amazed how small it is but once I figured out the ergonomics it's surprisingly comfortable to use. I've got a roll of C200 in it at the moment to test out the seals etc so I'll post some shots once I've got them.

Cheers
Steve

Well, *that* Leica IIIa arrived with the Summar 50mm f/2 as well as the 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor :D

Both lenses are a little worse for wear, which I knew about, and even so I'm pleased - the Summar takes a wicked sort of lazy image, a bit soft but I am really liking it :naughty:

My Tamron 19-35 arrived today and looks like it should be a nice lens and I've also been looking at this Olympus XA :0)

View attachment 3454

I'm amazed how small it is but once I figured out the ergonomics it's surprisingly comfortable to use. I've got a roll of C200 in it at the moment to test out the seals etc so I'll post some shots once I've got them.

Cheers
Steve

I had and XA2 for years and it was great/

I had and XA2 for years and it was great/

I can see the appeal of them, they're tiny yet still comfortable to use. Looking at Flickr etc they also deliver results that look great. I've actually listed my friends' XA in the classifieds today for him. If I didn't already have enough kit I'd have it myself :0)

On another note;

View attachment 3567

:0). I've been out today with my new (to me) EOS30 and Tamron 19-35 and I'm really impressed with the handling of them. Obviously I need to wait to see the results but I've got a good feeling. Just need a 77mm Cokin P adaptor ring to fit my filter holder and save me hand holding the grad against the end of the lens!

Cheers
Steve

Back