OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Tele Ennalyt 135 arrived a week ago but stupidly I never checked what I was buying that closely. Turns out that these are M39 and not L39... Anyway, permanent adapter section fitted and tested today and all's now looking good :D Currently not RF linked but will be by the end of the week - I hope.

I also dug out my 3x Lumax tele converter... :eek:

View attachment 4816

Last edited:
Looks good Arthur, the M39/L39 sounds like a conundrum although I have no doubt your engineering skill will sort pretty quickly. Look forward to seeing some shots with that lens.

It's just a 16.66mm gap is all Adrian, sorted now but I really would like it linked to the rangefinder. M39 is pretty much small M42, at least in this case it was.

Here are my two film cameras that I'm currently running film through to see how they get on. The AZ-1 was a freebie from Freecycle (a site in the UK where people locally give away items they no longer want instead of just chucking them away). It came with a 43-75 lens and camera and lens are in very good condition with instruction manual etc. The Zeiss lens currently on it was £20 from Ebay. The ST we found in the shed when we moved into our new house recently. Had the 55mm lens on it but didn't look in great condition initially. The mirror foam is disintegrating but otherwise it's not too bad.
Batteries in both were dead but no signs of corrosion, having replaced them the meters now work well.

View attachment 4842

Last edited:
Light meter oneupmanship, I like it :LOL:

Call that ^^^^ light meter oneupmanship:rolleyes: ......Bright blue skies most days of the year:banana:. Sunny F/16 rule metering.........free, accurate (ish) and warm (ish):D

Perhaps best to scarper before i get lynched :exit::D:D

Call that ^^^^ light meter oneupmanship:rolleyes: ......Bright blue skies most days of the year:banana:. Sunny F/16 rule metering.........free, accurate (ish) and warm (ish):D

Have you bough a new 5x4 camera yet?

Actually I use dark blue skies a lot for metering in Ibiza (and other places) as it's close to Koday grey. (y)

Ooh, very nice. I've had a few Yash over the past couple of years and they have all been excellent. Lovely sharp lens and a joy to use.

its not 120mm film :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sorry! I know it's only 60mm but it's force of habit typing mm after pretty much any number :)

Calm down, it's not like he's said digital is better :LOL:

Calm down, it's not like he's said digital is better :LOL:

Simon ,,,didnt mean any offence ,i should have put a :D at the end ,,,

and Nick ,,if anyone starts a digital is better thread , i'm going over there to start a fil ,,,,,oh wait a minute ,,,,,:)

Always liked the look of those Contax 35mm cameras, jet black like a Disaster Area stuntship your eyes almost slide of them they're that black.

Love those Contaxes!

I had a 139 and an RTS with a 28mm, 35mm and 50mm 1.7. Great kit, the lenses are sharp and contrasty.

Lovely Contaxes indeed. Nice writeup on Steve Huff by a user...

It's here... and the 200mm Nikor lens I just had to buy for it (it was in a sale!). Seen here on my father's old Linhof tripod which is of a similar vintage (1960s).

11860090876_229dae6b5d_c.jpg

Steve.

Hi @stevesmith, how are you finding the S2? Everything I read suggests it's loud and a little bit delicate internally due to its' age? Then again, I've shot with a Kiev 88 so anything else should feel bulletproof!

Cheers
Steve

Those S2's look the biz but I have heard a lot of reports about their tendency to fall to bits.

Those S2's look the biz but I have heard a lot of reports about their tendency to fall to bits.
Is that like the covering of Contax and Yashicas? They're renowned for falling to bits.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking unfortunately! I've always liked the look of them and there's one on offer for a good price that looks a bit tired but shoots fine apparently. I need to sell my EOS30 before I can do anything though.

Hi @stevesmith, how are you finding the S2? Everything I read suggests it's loud and a little bit delicate internally due to its' age? Then again, I've shot with a Kiev 88 so anything else should feel bulletproof!

Mine is in very good condition. I don't think it has been abused.

The mirror/shutter mechanism makes a lovely sound but it's not quiet.

The gears which wind the film were brass in the S2 and were changed to steel for the S2A. I think that if you use the fold out handle and wind on fast, you are likely to wear down the brass gears. This is less likely to happen if you wind on by just turning the knob - which is what I do.

Steve.

Speaking of Kievs, here's a Zorki!
(I've been having fun today :) )

DSC_2156ss
by kendo1111, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice looking combination. I've been close to buying a Zorki 4K a few times but I think I'm definitely sticking to 120 from now on. I've been scanning some of my old negatives today and the detail from the 120 negatives is amazing.

She dunt look too happy having her pic taken Arthur :wideyed::D

Ah ahh, chicken kievs, I get it......

I sold both my Ensigns, a 16-20 and a 12-20, because I could not see the numbers through the red window (I'm red-green colour-blind) and I was getting really frustrated with losing shots or getting half frames. Then Nick (Raglan Surf) gave me a tiny red torch and said 'try this', so I did and it worked. So I bought this....

New-16-20-B&w
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Originally purchased in 1953 from G Webb Ltd, Dispensing Chemist of 32 Sun Street Hitchin on the 19th September 1953 it came boxed with receipt and instructions and is used but definitely not abused. A cracking bit of camera kit, proper engineering and design.

That's very nice Andy, glad to know the LRT is working for you, it's the only way I can shoot with cameras with the little red windows.

I carry it on a silver chain around my neck, never go anywhere without it...:naughty:

Back