The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I’ve updated the firmware on the camera tonight so maybe if it’s something glitchy it might sort it. It’s not a huge deal really but problems I can’t get my head around niggle me, first world problems :thinking:
Just little things like this are a right pita. Hopefully you'll get it sorted (y)

I’ve updated the firmware on the camera tonight so maybe if it’s something glitchy it might sort it. It’s not a huge deal really but problems I can’t get my head around niggle me, first world problems :thinking:
Instead of importing straight from the card, have you tried copying the cards contents to a local folder and importing from the folder instead?

Instead of importing straight from the card, have you tried copying the cards contents to a local folder and importing from the folder instead?
No I haven’t but I suspect that would work in the same way importing from the CF card would, I’ll try it later and see. It’s bugging me why it’s acting that way rather than being an issue to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Here we go again :ROFLMAO:

@bloater

I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again, here I go again
Though I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for..............................

David Coverdale (Whitesnake)

@bloater

I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again, here I go again
Though I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for..............................

David Coverdale (Whitesnake)

I know it well (y)

Unfortunately I keep forcing the hobby by buying and re-buying camera gear but I’ve clearly moved on and have to admit to myself I simply find taking pictures with a dedicated camera a chore.

We spent a day in Port Isaac last summer whilst away in Bude - Shot on the A7Riii & 35GM I would imagine.

Missus loved it so much that on the way back from Crantock Bay this year, we called in once again. Worked out well because the day turned out perfect & we left about 2pm on the Saturday had a clear drive straight home missing the big holiday rush :)

Decided to shoot it on the X100f & Portra 400 this time around :)

Don't know what I'm going to photograph it on next year..... :ROFLMAO:

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Very nice, I didn't think the X100F had a portra film simulation so is this a 'hack' or a further fiilm simulation you can get for lightroom?

Very nice, I didn't think the X100F had a portra film simulation so is this a 'hack' or a further fiilm simulation you can get for lightroom?

Thanks. There are 'Portra' recipes out there on Fuji X Weekly for example for SOOC but these are edited in LR as per usual.

The Portra 400 actually refers to Portra 400 though, on the Yashica FX3 ;)

Thanks. There are 'Portra' recipes out there on Fuji X Weekly for example for SOOC but these are edited in LR as per usual.

The Portra 400 actually refers to Portra 400 though, on the Yashica FX3 ;)
Ahh I see, thanks (y)

On Fuji support site I see that the XT2 support finished June 2024 yet numerous older cameras eg XT1 doesn’t say not supported, my friend has given me an XT2 which is in great condition other than looks maybe oil smear between sensor and glass. He took it to jessops for a clean but they said it needs to be taken apart to clean properly which according to my friend last year Fuji confirmed but because he had newer fujis he didn’t bother. I’ve emailed Fuji to ask them what they suggest now.

Any thoughts or suggestions,it only shows up past F14 or so but I would like it serviced as it’s a great little camera for free :)

So is that price for??

Just about anything that is repairable on the camera (even a simple repair is charged at teh flat rate, as is replacement of main board/sensor/etc) - in all honesty though if it was me, I'd just use the camera, not being able to shut the aperture down F14 and smaller is hardly a biggie in normal use.

Just about anything that is repairable on the camera (even a simple repair is charged at teh flat rate, as is replacement of main board/sensor/etc) - in all honesty though if it was me, I'd just use the camera, not being able to shut the aperture down F14 and smaller is hardly a biggie in normal us.
Yes a smudge can easil be removed,agreed

Last edited:
I've had a few lenses serviced by fuji on a fixed price after I was told that one had slight signs of fungus and they have come back looking like new and with all sorts of stuff done that I hadn't realised needed fixing. Very quick turnaround and excellent value I'd say.

Same here with camera bodies. For example I sent my X-T1 in to have the bent door fixed (which they agreed to do for free, even though the camera was like 6 years old). It came back with a new door, sensor cleaned, and every rubber grip/skin had been replaced. I sent them a beater and they sent it back looking brand new, free of charge.

Lenses similar - Sent one in for dodgy autofocus motor, came back fixed, and the focus ring had been replaced with one that wasn't worn.

Same here with camera bodies. For example I sent my X-T1 in to have the bent door fixed (which they agreed to do for free, even though the camera was like 6 years old). It came back with a new door, sensor cleaned, and every rubber grip/skin had been replaced. I sent them a beater and they sent it back looking brand new, free of charge.

Lenses similar - Sent one in for dodgy autofocus motor, came back fixed, and the focus ring had been replaced with one that wasn't worn.

I have had similar, my X-T2 after a tripod fall onto hard surface, had a crack in teh sensor glass. They replaced the sensor and the main board FOC (I explained what had happened and offered to pay) - its an excellent service.

I've had a few lenses serviced by fuji on a fixed price after I was told that one had slight signs of fungus and they have come back looking like new and with all sorts of stuff done that I hadn't realised needed fixing. Very quick turnaround and excellent value I'd say.
That's been my experience as well. One of my X-H1's started giving uneven exposures so I went on Fuji's repair site, which I found very easy to use, made a booking and paid the fixed fee.

Two days after making the booking I received an empty box which contained fitted foam padding, a DPD return label and some instructions on how to return my camera. I removed sufficient padding to safely secure the camera in the box, filled in the paperwork, put the return label on the box and took it to the nearest DPD collection point which was less than two miles away.

It was returned to me in three days later, looking like new. The enclosed service report stated that a new shutter had been fitted, the sensor cleaned, firmware updated and the work was covered by a 12 month warranty.

I have since used them to service my other X-H1 and to separate my 1.4 converter from my 70-300 zoom when they decided to form a permanent attachment to each other. My experience regarding the speed and quality of the repairs were the same as that provided in the case of the X-H1's.

Well my X-H2 has arrived and so far I’m impressed with it. First stupid question (most likely of many)- I’ve had a bit of a play with it, imported the images on to Capture One however when C1 ejects the SD card it also ejects the external SSD that I’m importing the images to. Obviously I then have to unplug and reattach the SSD and restart C1. I’ve never had this with any other camera and the short term work around seems to be stopping C1 auto ejecting the card after import but I was wondering if this is something anyone else has encountered and if there is a simple fix?
Thanks in advance :)
Finally sussed this. It turns out I hadn’t named either the SSD or the SD card and as a result they were both sharing the name “Untitled”. Now I’ve named the SSD normal service has been resumed :runaway:

Back