The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Nipped out tonight to give my newly acquired 16-55 and 50-140 a run through their paces (and try to get to grips with a new tripod head), didn't go far but not sure the 50-140 is working ok, focus seemed very inconsistent, when it locked and was in focus its a tremendous lens but far too many occasions where its just not focused properly. 16-55 seems ok, although I don't think its as good as my last one was...

Good practice for the Edinburgh Festival starting this weekend though, I imagine I'll be back here shooting shots of the fireworks over the coming weeks!

20160804 - Edinburgh Castle by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Nipped out tonight to give my newly acquired 16-55 and 50-140 a run through their paces (and try to get to grips with a new tripod head), didn't go far but not sure the 50-140 is working ok, focus seemed very inconsistent, when it locked and was in focus its a tremendous lens but far too many occasions where its just not focused properly. 16-55 seems ok, although I don't think its as good as my last one was...

Good practice for the Edinburgh Festival starting this weekend though, I imagine I'll be back here shooting shots of the fireworks over the coming weeks!

20160804 - Edinburgh Castle by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Have you checked the firmware on the lenses?

Just been in park cameras in London having a hands on with the X-t2. Had the 16-55 2.8 lens on it. Tested focus from near to far subjects and I have to say it is exceptional. Instant focus. Blows the other mirrorless cameras I've used out of the water.

The camera looks pretty much the same as the t1 but with chunkier dials. The new flip out screen is easier to use than some YouTube previews had suggested.

Very very impressed with it in the ten mins that I had with it.

Just been in park cameras in London having a hands on with the X-t2. Had the 16-55 2.8 lens on it. Tested focus from near to far subjects and I have to say it is exceptional. Instant focus. Blows the other mirrorless cameras I've used out of the water.

The camera looks pretty much the same as the t1 but with chunkier dials. The new flip out screen is easier to use than some YouTube previews had suggested.

The question is,is it worth the hundreds of pounds extra over the XT1?

As in today? I've pre ordered but keen to have a play.

The question is,is it worth the hundreds of pounds extra over the XT1?

I accidentally fired off 11 fps as I touched the shutter button on the battery grip. It's seriously fast! It depends if the extra bells and whistles are worth it for what you want to shoot. I personally think it will be worth the money and also that the xt1 will be one of the best value used camera you can buy.

I accidentally fired off 11 fps as I touched the shutter button on the battery grip. It's seriously fast! It depends if the extra bells and whistles are worth it for what you want to shoot. I personally think it will be worth the money and also that the xt1 will be one of the best value used camera you can buy.

Yes indeed,hopefully used values of the XT1 will remain consistent?!

Much bigger/heavier than the xt1 would you say?

Mines mint justa1972.

I'll be putting it up for sale tonight with 18-135, 35 f1.4 and the fantastic ef-x20 flash.

Been a very trying week on the camera front.

No long story.
I bought a D750 and 24-120 kit last Friday in PC world. For a crazy price. I advertised it on here and gumtree. Sold on gumtree only for the cheque to bounce. So I'm keeping the Nikon after much intensive testing. It's better. But I'll miss the Fuji colours.

No long story.
I bought a D750 and 24-120 kit last Friday in PC world. For a crazy price. I advertised it on here and gumtree. Sold on gumtree only for the cheque to bounce. So I'm keeping the Nikon after much intensive testing. It's better. But I'll miss the Fuji colours.

It was one of the main reasons I switched,that and the size of course!

Back