The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I like those George, especially the first one. Have to agree with the comments about a mono conversion, I think that would really work well.

It reminds me of Douaumont ossuary in France I visited many years ago, it has the remains of around 130,000 French and German soldiers, from the Verdun battlefields. The basement is full of skeletal remains that you view through glass panels in the outside walls. It was a humbling experience.

Many thanks for that Steve, much appreciate your comments. I've heard about that place in France but as yet never managed to visit it.(y)

"When I get the time to do a bit of PP work I'll probably give these shots a go in mono".

George.

I know I wouldn't swap the 23 f1.4 for an f2. It's not all that big, and while the assumed WR would be nice I'm more than covered with the 16-55 on that front!

If the f/2 is being released and current changes are anything to go by then it would be worthwhile getting it. Well depends on your circumstances but I went through this dilemma with the 35mm 1.4 and 2 and the 2 won it for me. I looked at sharpness tests as well as bokeh and they were basically on par with each other. The f/2 looked very similar in bokeh from 1.4. The sharpness in the review said the 1.4 just edged ahead but from what I was seeing I thought the sharpness on the f/2 was better. Also the f/2 is said to be faster at focusing etc.

I'm currently sitting here with both the 35 f1.4 and f2. I love the 1.4 but the WR and faster focus has me keen to switch if I don't notice a significant difference in IQ, considering I very rarely use such a wide aperture and couldn't cope at f2 instead.

I'm avoiding the same question on the 23 until the f2 version releases at which point I'll likely grab that. It'll hopefully a dinky little thing too, which would be great.

I'm looking for a used XT-1, I've seen a few where the flash is missing - are these easy to get hold off? Are they worth having?

Thanks

I'm looking for a used XT-1, I've seen a few where the flash is missing - are these easy to get hold off? Are they worth having?

Thanks

The little XF8 flash is ok as a basic fill flash but it isn't powerful enough to be used for much else. Think of it in the same fashion as the pop up flash you get on some DSLR's.
I sold my XF8 flash and replaced it with a Yongnuo YN560IV

The little XF8 flash is ok as a basic fill flash but it isn't powerful enough to be used for much else. Think of it in the same fashion as the pop up flash you get on some DSLR's.

Thanks - I rarely use flash so was wondering if it was OK to get one without - if it was cheaper

I can't remember now and can't be bothered to dig the box out of the attic where the flash resides, but does it pull back like the pop-up on the X-E2, very useful for bouncing off the ceiling.

I can't remember now and can't be bothered to dig the box out of the attic where the flash resides, but does it pull back like the pop-up on the X-E2, very useful for bouncing off the ceiling.
No it just stands up tall like a DSLR flash which is a shame as i used to like the little flash on my Fuji XM1 for the same reason as you in being able to bounce the flash.

If anyone is in central london on friday, we'll have our Fuji rep instore with the X-T2 from 10am-5pm at Park cameras in Rathbone place, just off oxford street -)

Picked up the 50-140 & 1.4x TC package today, comes in a massive box!! Not had a chance to really shoot anything with it yet but looking forward to getting out with it, bit of a beast to handle on the X-Pro 2 but likely to most be used on a tripod anyway.

Picked up the 50-140 & 1.4x TC package today, comes in a massive box!! Not had a chance to really shoot anything with it yet but looking forward to getting out with it, bit of a beast to handle on the X-Pro 2 but likely to most be used on a tripod anyway.

Panamoz by any chance ? I'm looking for a 50-140mm it's now showing at 948 on there site.

the iOS on it is pretty incredible. might not need that tripod

Panamoz by any chance ? I'm looking for a 50-140mm it's now showing at 948 on there site.

No bought from WEX actually, 50-140 on its own was £1150 and the package with the Teleconvertor was £1999, using the 10% off offer code last weekend brought it down to £1080 and with the £80 cashback I thought £1000 for the lens and TC was a steal, especially if I sell the TC as I'm unsure if I'll really use it.

No bought from WEX actually, 50-140 on its own was £1150 and the package with the Teleconvertor was £1999, using the 10% off offer code last weekend brought it down to £1080 and with the £80 cashback I thought £1000 for the lens and TC was a steal, especially if I sell the TC as I'm unsure if I'll really use it.

Hi Chris, double check that the cash back works on that package. It's the same as I bought and I'm pretty sure there was no cash back on the tc bundle..

Hi Chris, double check that the cash back works on that package. It's the same as I bought and I'm pretty sure there was no cash back on the tc bundle..

Hmm they seemed to think it would be ok, will check with Fuji, it probably wouldn't stop me keeping it anyway as £50 for the TC is a steal but a little annoying!

Cheers Chris :ty:

Hmm they seemed to think it would be ok, will check with Fuji, it probably wouldn't stop me keeping it anyway as £50 for the TC is a steal but a little annoying!

Yeah it's still a great deal. I've got 3 lenses to grab cash back on and one will be double as I bought with the xpro 2

Hi there. I picked up a Fuji X-T10 from justa1972, all great thank you! And got an 18-55 lens from Mpb, so next I'm wanting some basic lens filters and a tripod.

I've a birthday in a week or so and looking for cheapish beginner kit for present ideas.

Any recommendations, ideally from Amazon would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is a shot of the "Shelby Street Bridge" that spans the "Cumberland River" in "Nashville TN". Its one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world being some 3150 ft long, and is only a short distance from where I was raised.

It's surprising just how long it takes you to negotiate walking across it following a decent time in the Honky Tonks in downtown "Nashville" on a Friday/Saturday night.:whistle::D:D

X-T1, 18-55mm lens, 1/60th @ F5.6, ISO-3200, Handheld, With a bit of grain added in PP for a kinda film like effect.
Shelby St Bridge (Nashville)-650141 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
Very nice George. As always, nice to have some narative/memory behind the photo. A very interesting subject indeed, but those long dramatic shadows steal the show - beautiful strong, low light. :)

Very nice George. As always, nice to have some narative/memory behind the photo. A very interesting subject indeed, but those long dramatic shadows steal the show - beautiful strong, low light. :)

Many thanks for that Sir, really appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Nice looking bridge George, but sorry not liking that photo so much

It's the shadows and the walkway patterns criss crossing that I don't like, combined with the structure I'm finding it too messy.

Nice detail though and wonder what it would look like at night, is it illuminated?

Cheers
Rich

Now that looks pretty inviting David, and well shot. Hope you enjoyed it.(y)

George.

Certainly did, but had to share!!! It was at the gardens of Marqueyssac in the Dordogne. Every THursday during July and August, they keep the gardens open until midnight, many of the paths are candlelit, and at several locations they had acoustic bands playing, from Jazz to Blues, a great night out and very recommended, although photo opportunities were few as they were hundreds of punters!!!

Nice looking bridge George, but sorry not liking that photo so much

It's the shadows and the walkway patterns criss crossing that I don't like, combined with the structure I'm finding it too messy.

Nice detail though and wonder what it would look like at night, is it illuminated?

Cheers
Rich

Many thanks for that Rich, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"Actually because the shadows & pattern criss cross like that is the very reason why I shot it at that time of day, and yes it is illuminated at night".

George.

Thanks - the first one of the butterfly is not a jpg (actually all the pics are RAWs) but RAW with the Agfa Scala LR preset. This isolated the butterfly even more by darkening the background leaves, which were already quite dark. I then just applied some layer enhancements in PS. It's a square crop as well - even zoomed out to 140mm I was still quite a long way away.

Love the first one. Care to share pp or is this Jpeg ooc on vivid?

Chris

Depends what you're looking for in a tripod and what your budget is. I have two: a Velbon which I don't use that much, and a Manfrotto which is larger and heavier, and which I do use when I need a tripod. The Velbon is a good size and weight - it's not carbon fibre but is a much more portable tripod. Do you want something that is lighter and easier to carry, or a heavier, more sturdy tripod?

Filters - for ND and polarising ones, I use Hoya. For clear, protective filters that live on my lenses, I normally stick with B&W. Amazon are very good for prices on filters. Your 18-55 (which is an excellent lens) takes a 58mm filter and these are not too expensive. The other good news is that the brilliant 14mm f2.8 lens also takes the same filter size!

Shane

Hi there. I picked up a Fuji X-T10 from justa1972, all great thank you! And got an 18-55 lens from Mpb, so next I'm wanting some basic lens filters and a tripod.

I've a birthday in a week or so and looking for cheapish beginner kit for present ideas.

Any recommendations, ideally from Amazon would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back